A bit more work on my A6M2b by Hasegawa

A bit more work on my A6M2b by Hasegawa

April 26th, 2012, 1:04 am #1

I managed to find some time to get the markings on over this past weekend. Slowly but surely I am getting there. This is turning out to be one of my more colorful builds.

April 26th, 2012, 1:21 pm #2

Neat markings too.

Stuart

April 26th, 2012, 8:13 pm #3

I managed to find some time to get the markings on over this past weekend. Slowly but surely I am getting there. This is turning out to be one of my more colorful builds.

That is mighty colorful and looks just about perfect. Great looking Zero!

Regards,

Dan From Tacoma, Washington USA

April 26th, 2012, 8:57 pm #4

Beautiful work - love the shading of the colours - especially since this is 1/72

And a marvelous choice of markings, I have a Techmod decal sheet with almost similar markings, hope to do it justice like you do

* <i></i> * *
William De Coster / Belgium / Plastic Stories

1/72 - Special Hobby - TT-1 Pinto : Part I (incl Panthers Cup 2012 show report)
1/72 - Airfix/Jo-Han - Mitsubishi Zero/Rufe conversion: Part I

Just like the perfect woman doesn't exist, I will never build a perfect model.
Puts me on a par with God

April 27th, 2012, 2:22 am #5

You're making some mighty nice progress here, Geoffery. That's a super looking build - and I like the gloss paint job! It looks so smooth it's almost a shame to tone it down and weather it up. I hope that masking tape comes off the canopy okay - I find that the longer I leave it on, the more likely it is to take away bits of paint that I'd rather stayed behind!
Best...Ted...

Current Build:
Postwar RCAF Pt. 1; Postwar RCAF Pt. 2; Postwar RCAF Pt. 3

Tall Tales:
Kanal Kampf: A Spitfire Story
Cold War Incident
The Lucky Mig

Previous WIP Builds:
Mad About Migs Pt. 1; Mad About Migs Pt. 2; Mad About Migs Pt. 3; Mad About Migs Pt. 4; Mad About Migs Pt. 5; Mad About Migs Pt. 6;
Mad About Migs Pt. 7; Mad About Migs Pt. 8; Mad About Migs Finish

Matilda Makeover Pt.1; Matilda Makeover Pt.2; Matilda Makeover Pt.3; Matilda Makeover Finish;

The Big Spit Pt.1; The Big Spit Pt.2; The Big Spit Pt.3; The Big Spit Pt.4; The Big Spit Pt.5; The Big Spit Pt.6;
The Big Spit Pt.7; The Big Spit Pt.8; The Big Spit Pt.9; The Big Spit Pt.10; The Big Spit Pt.11; The Big Spit Finish;

Me109 Pt.1; Me109 Pt.2; Me109 Pt.3; Me109 Finish;

Vickers Tank Pt.1; Vickers Tank Pt.2; Vickers Tank Pt.3; Vickers Tank Pt.4; Vickers Tank Pt.5; Vickers Tank Pt.6; Vickers Tank Finish;

Connies Pt.1; Connies Pt.2; Connies Pt.3; Connies Pt.4; Connies Pt.5; Connies Pt.6; Connies Pt.7; Connies Finish

April 28th, 2012, 7:34 am #6

Very clean and precise. Very good job.

April 29th, 2012, 5:44 pm #7

Love the paint and marking scheme.

Dany Hovinga
Dany Hovinga

May 1st, 2012, 2:28 am #8

before all the weathering