737 3-view drawings

August 10th, 2012, 2:33 am #21

Some time ago I caroused with a bunch of TWA guys from Kansas City who gave the lowdown the 737-100. -200 and 300 series. Twhe primary bits of info that are the key to making the drawings I need on Auto Cad are !) the fusalgage cross sectionof the 737 are the same as the 707. 2) The fusalages were meant to be the same except for the added length extensions as shown with the -100/-200. 3)The engines would be more powerful as the fusalages got longer and viceversa. 4) The wings were from the same basic design with changes to the spans, wing tips and root chord lengths as required by the fusalage length. %) As the fusalges would grow the tail assemblies particularly the fin and rudders would also grow to maintain longitudinal stability. 6) Longitudinal seat spacing would remain the same on all future models. If this proves to be true than it would be logical to assume that the window spacing would also be the same.
I have the basic dimensions for all of the 737 families so it's a simple matter of measuring the fusalage length in a picture and calculating the real feet per picture inch. The calculation is reversed to determine other dimensions in the same angullar plane in the picture. Other dimension in different angular planes would come from other picyure of the aircraft in that plane.
I made up a little computor program which does all the mathmatical work. All I have to do is plug in the dimensions of the figure in the photograph.The program automatically gives the dimensions for 1/72 scale drawings. I'm sure this what some of the kit manufacturers do to get their kit mold dimensions. After they've factored in the thermo and shrink details to produce satisfactory scale parts.
Some of the more difficult dimensions to obtain are things like root chords of the wings and stabilizers.
Those require mucho calcilations because of the angular disparities. A three view drawing can be used to derive the needed dimensions just like using a photo.
Thanks for your advice.
Joe
They simply don't. Both were designed by Boeing, but that's all they have in common.