1/72 Beechcraft V35A Bonanza

1/72 Beechcraft V35A Bonanza

July 16th, 2012, 8:44 am #1

Just completed yesterday. From the extensively modified Arii kit.
My sincere thanks to Mark Davies who kindly accepted to sell me the very hard to find Sword Turbo Mentor kit, allowing me to build this Beechcraft with correct wings. Other parts come from the Hasegawa T-34 (cowling front with engine intake, propeller, landing gear) along with some scratchbuilding (windows and windshield from colored plastic bottle, spinner, cowl flaps, exhausts, lights, nose gear doors, tail air scoop) and DRAW decals slanted reg letters.

[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]

Last edited by alexbigey on July 16th, 2012, 8:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

July 16th, 2012, 8:53 am #2

Excellent job i'm loved

July 16th, 2012, 10:32 am #3

My sincere thanks to Mark Davies who kindly accepted to sell me the very hard to find Sword Turbo Mentor kit, allowing me to build this Beechcraft with correct wings. Other parts come from the Hasegawa T-34 (cowling front with engine intake, propeller, landing gear) along with some scratchbuilding (windows and windshield from colored plastic bottle, spinner, cowl flaps, exhausts, lights, nose gear doors, tail air scoop) and DRAW decals slanted reg letters.

[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
Very Nice !
Makes me miss the V-35 B I flew for several years when I lived in Amarillo, TX.
Chris K.

July 16th, 2012, 10:38 am #4

[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
ruk

Keep your Sprues Empty

July 16th, 2012, 10:45 am #5

[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
I wish I could do as well in 1/48

I am amazed at being you being able to blend in coloured bottle plastic windows.. a how to tutorial would bre fabulous, my efforts in this regard dont cut the mustard.

July 16th, 2012, 11:18 am #6

[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
How difficult was the window replacement, how was it done?

July 16th, 2012, 2:46 pm #7

[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
Wow... really nice smooth finish... especially given all the scratching you have done! I've got the same kit which I've mixed with the old Hasegawa Mentor kit... just need to finish it now...

July 16th, 2012, 2:46 pm #8

[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
Wow... really nice smooth finish... especially given all the scratching you have done! I've got the same kit which I've mixed with the old Hasegawa Mentor kit... just need to finish it now...

July 16th, 2012, 3:14 pm #9

[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
Really lovely little build there Alex

July 16th, 2012, 3:14 pm #10

[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
if it were not for the Bonanza. Very nice work and hard to believe it's 1/72.