1/72 AML Lavochkin La5FN

1/72 AML Lavochkin La5FN

June 9th, 2011, 9:02 am #1

Here's my 1/72 Lavochkin La5FN.

The kit is from czech manufacturer AML and comes as a "multi-media" package including plastic, resin and a vacu canopy. There's no photo etch included.

I added brake lines and replaced the pitot tube.

The markings represent a plane of Cpt. Frantisek Fajtl of the 1st Czech Air Division, operating from Slovakia in September 1944.

This was my first real short-run kit and yes, it was a challenging build...
Painted with Haarder & Steinbeck Focus Airbrush, using Mr.Hobby acrylics.

June 9th, 2011, 12:02 pm #2

Beautiful work and amazing finish!!!

June 9th, 2011, 1:17 pm #3

The kit is from czech manufacturer AML and comes as a "multi-media" package including plastic, resin and a vacu canopy. There's no photo etch included.

The markings represent a plane of Cpt. Frantisek Fajtl of the 1st Czech Air Division, operating from Slovakia in September 1944.

Nice job indeed! Top 2 grays could have been darker, but...
Actual name of the unit was "First Czechoslovak Independent Fighter Squadron"
i.e. not Czech only (there were 2 Slovak pilots) and not a Division (that came later).

June 9th, 2011, 1:40 pm #4

Looks like a little gem!

Stuart

June 9th, 2011, 5:25 pm #5

I really like the color combo on those Russian fighters. Really a nice job...and I bet it didn't fall together!

June 9th, 2011, 6:48 pm #6

...is a big freakin' engine on the front of that bird! Nice job, Roman!
Best...Ted...

Previous WIP Builds:
The Big Spit Pt.1; The Big Spit Pt.2; The Big Spit Pt.3; The Big Spit Pt.4; The Big Spit Pt.5; The Big Spit Pt.6;
The Big Spit Pt.7; The Big Spit Pt.8; The Big Spit Pt.9; The Big Spit Pt.10; The Big Spit Pt.11; The Big Spit Finish;

Me109 Pt.1; Me109 Pt.2; Me109 Pt.3; Me109 Finish;
Vickers Tank Pt.1; Vickers Tank Pt.2; Vickers Tank Pt.3; Vickers Tank Pt.4; Vickers Tank Pt.5; Vickers Tank Pt.6; Vickers Tank Finish;
Connies Pt.1; Connies Pt.2; Connies Pt.3; Connies Pt.4; Connies Pt.5; Connies Pt.6; Connies Pt.7; Connies Finish

Tall Tales:
Kanal Kampf: A Spitfire Story
Cold War Incident
The Lucky Mig

June 9th, 2011, 10:40 pm #7

I haven't done an AML kit yet, but I can imagine they are a challenge - but it's worth it, nice build !

* <i></i> * *
William De Coster / Belgium / past builds on HS : Plastic Stories

- Airfix - Bristol Beaufighter Mk.II : Part I - Part II - Part III - Part IV - Part V - Part VI - Part VII (incl Flanders Modelling Festival 2011 show report) - Part VIII (incl Patherscup 2011 show report Pt.2) - Part IX (incl Beskyd Model Kit 2011 show report Pt.2) - Part X - Part XI - Part XII /The End
- Vami Models - resin Me P. Schwalbe : Part I (incl Pantherscup 2011 show report Pt.1) - Part II (incl Beskyd Model Kit 2011 show report Pt.1)
- AGA - Polikarpov I-3 : Part I

Just like the perfect woman doesn't exist, I will never build a perfect model.
Puts me on a par with God