1/700 scale WW II era aircraft carriers.

1/700 scale WW II era aircraft carriers.

April 10th, 2012, 3:13 am #1

Gentleman.
Say i want to try building WW II aircraft carrier. No preference when it comes to nationality. US, Japan, British, all the same.
What do i go with ? New Trumpeter kits or older Tamiya, Hasegawa or Fujimi stuff ?
OOB or minimal PE, waterline or full hull. What kits are easiest to build but still look good ?
What do you have for sale or trade ?
Cezar.

BTW.
Do any of you have Hasegawa 1/350 USS Gambier Bay kit for sale at reasonable price ?
C.

April 10th, 2012, 3:20 am #2

Hello,
Feel free to email me direct, I am unloading non priority unbuilts/unstarts.
I have one Tamiya Essex, Hornet and Saratoga and 1/700 sets of Trumpeter aircraft for a bulk pkg deal.

Feel free to email me direct and I can email you pics of the excellent mint kits, I'm in So cal and it would be parcel post. I'm open minded on the price as a bulk deal, negotiable.

Alex
Last edited by alexlopez on April 10th, 2012, 3:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

April 10th, 2012, 7:43 pm #3

It is a really nasty kit. Unfortunately we are still waiting for a British aircraft carrier to be done in 1/700 scale plastic (with the exception of the aforementioned horror).

I like the Tamiya Enterprise but is said to be slightly underscale. The new Fujimi Akagi (Hasgawa did one years ago that wasn't bad) is said to be very good. I haven't built mine yet but it looks good in the box.

April 12th, 2012, 3:07 am #4

Gentleman.
Say i want to try building WW II aircraft carrier. No preference when it comes to nationality. US, Japan, British, all the same.
What do i go with ? New Trumpeter kits or older Tamiya, Hasegawa or Fujimi stuff ?
OOB or minimal PE, waterline or full hull. What kits are easiest to build but still look good ?
What do you have for sale or trade ?
Cezar.

BTW.
Do any of you have Hasegawa 1/350 USS Gambier Bay kit for sale at reasonable price ?
C.
Not much help but it my just be very obscure subject.
Oh well.
Cezar.