1/48th scale AH-56 Cheyenne?

1/48th scale AH-56 Cheyenne?

April 1st, 2012, 6:07 pm #1

Has anyone ever heard of one in the making, or being thought about??? No, this is not an April Fools joke...

I just really want one.

I'm wondering what I'd have to do to scratch build one, maybe, what type or how many donor kits it would take...

Any thoughts?

We stole the eagle from the Air Force, the anchor from the Navy, and the rope from the Army.
On the seventh day while God rested, we overran his perimeter, stole the globe, and we've been running the whole show ever since.

Semper Fi, Don
“Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But, the Marines don't have that problem.”
- Ronald Reagan

Semper Fi, Don
Luke: 22:36

April 1st, 2012, 6:12 pm #2

Put a swastika on it and maybe Dragon will issue one. LOL

April 1st, 2012, 6:56 pm #3

Has anyone ever heard of one in the making, or being thought about??? No, this is not an April Fools joke...

I just really want one.

I'm wondering what I'd have to do to scratch build one, maybe, what type or how many donor kits it would take...

Any thoughts?

We stole the eagle from the Air Force, the anchor from the Navy, and the rope from the Army.
On the seventh day while God rested, we overran his perimeter, stole the globe, and we've been running the whole show ever since.

Semper Fi, Don
The only parts from kits that I found that could be used were from 1/32- 1/35 parts in the spares box- they were-

1/32 P-51 prop blades (modified) for the pusher prop

1/32 Phantom struts for the MLG ( modded)

modified AH-64 seats and wheels
modified Spitfire tailwheel

More can be found here-
http://forum.largescaleplanes.com/index ... ntry117677

http://forum.largescaleplanes.com/index ... entry69065

Hope this helps!

Lee

April 1st, 2012, 6:57 pm #4

I just really want one.

Any thoughts?

Semper Fi, Don
Over the years Cobra Company amassed references and preliminary work to do an AH-56 in 1/48th scale. Circumstances greatly slowed that idea and it was passed on to another Premier resin casting concern.

Chris M

April 1st, 2012, 8:21 pm #5

I just really want one.

Any thoughts?

Semper Fi, Don
Lots of work.(just joking)
But seriously the front of the fuselage resembles the OV-10 Bronco.

Saluti

Giampiero
Last edited by GiampieroSilvestri on April 1st, 2012, 8:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

April 1st, 2012, 11:46 pm #6

I just really want one.

Any thoughts?

Semper Fi, Don
... I guess I'm out of luck, unless that other company decides to release/produce what Chris did...

Semper Fi, Don
“Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But, the Marines don't have that problem.”
- Ronald Reagan

Semper Fi, Don
Luke: 22:36

April 2nd, 2012, 12:28 am #7

I just really want one.

Any thoughts?

Semper Fi, Don
Is it good enough to pass muster? There's one for sale on Plane Trading right now.

Semper Fi
John
Last edited by Marine_CWO on April 2nd, 2012, 12:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

April 2nd, 2012, 12:51 am #8

I just really want one.

Any thoughts?

Semper Fi, Don
I managed to cram two electric motors into this XV-1. After mounting the engines with CA, I always wrap it with a band of hot glue to absorb vibrations. Paid $5.00 big ones for this hermaphrodite.

We'll it is my April 1st build.

Because the Cheyenne never went into full production, finding a kit could be a challenge.

Steve....
Last edited by steven9 on April 2nd, 2012, 12:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

April 2nd, 2012, 12:53 am #9

Is it good enough to pass muster? There's one for sale on Plane Trading right now.

Semper Fi
John
It was copied by an east European company a few years ago. It represented an early version of the Cheyenne.