1/48th Mosquito Undercarriage

1/48th Mosquito Undercarriage

July 30th, 2012, 11:10 pm #1

I have recently acquired a 1/48th Revell Mosquito. Commentaries on the model complain about oversized tyres and undersized undercarriage extension. I have recently acquired Scale Aircraft Conversion's undrecarriage for the Tamiya kit. I am hoping I may be able to acquire wheels/tyres from some source and combine the same with the oleos to rectify the apparent error in the Revell kit. I have read an article where the Airfix undercarriage was so adapted. Has any one out there done the suggested conversion. Sources of wheels/tyres are alos sought.

Many thanks.

James Levingston

July 31st, 2012, 7:20 am #2

It is better to be the Stomper rather than the Stompee!

July 31st, 2012, 12:58 pm #3

I have recently acquired a 1/48th Revell Mosquito. Commentaries on the model complain about oversized tyres and undersized undercarriage extension. I have recently acquired Scale Aircraft Conversion's undrecarriage for the Tamiya kit. I am hoping I may be able to acquire wheels/tyres from some source and combine the same with the oleos to rectify the apparent error in the Revell kit. I have read an article where the Airfix undercarriage was so adapted. Has any one out there done the suggested conversion. Sources of wheels/tyres are alos sought.

Many thanks.

James Levingston
.....replacing the Revell spinners w/ Airfix or Tamiya ones. The Revell ones are too blunt.

A pipe give a wise man time to think,
and a fool something to stick in his mouth.

July 31st, 2012, 1:21 pm #4

#TD48093. Squadron made a big error. Early Mosquito's had a only a single brake drum on one side of the wheel, so the opposite side of the wheel displayed the spoked surface. TD has molded their wheels with the spoked surface on both sides and no brake drum. I used the Aires wheels on my PR.1 build - they are correct. The TD late wheels are fime