1/48th Monogram Pro Modeler F4U-5

1/48th Monogram Pro Modeler F4U-5

March 24th, 2012, 3:28 pm #1

Here's the latest addition to my Corsair collection. It was built from the 1/48th Monogram Pro Modeler kit which is basically the Hasegawa kit with new decals. It's a well engineered kit that goes together quite nicely...no major issues that weren't self-inflicted. This Corsair is airbrushed with Model Master dark sea blue enamel and has a True Details cockpit and weighted wheels with some of the excess bulge trimmed away. I used the kit decals which in my opinion, were unusually nice as kit decals go. The markings are for a Naval Reserve Corsair from NAS Glenview. Any comments or observations are most welcome.

[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]

Jim Sullivan

March 24th, 2012, 3:49 pm #2

r

March 24th, 2012, 4:11 pm #3

Here's the latest addition to my Corsair collection. It was built from the 1/48th Monogram Pro Modeler kit which is basically the Hasegawa kit with new decals. It's a well engineered kit that goes together quite nicely...no major issues that weren't self-inflicted. This Corsair is airbrushed with Model Master dark sea blue enamel and has a True Details cockpit and weighted wheels with some of the excess bulge trimmed away. I used the kit decals which in my opinion, were unusually nice as kit decals go. The markings are for a Naval Reserve Corsair from NAS Glenview. Any comments or observations are most welcome.

[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]

Jim Sullivan
Awesome job!!!

March 25th, 2012, 12:30 am #4

[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]

Jim Sullivan
... How many F4U's you already have in your collection?

Take care and keep in touch

Rato Marczak
www.ratomodeling.com

March 25th, 2012, 1:15 am #5

[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]

Jim Sullivan
...you're called "Corsair Jim." Beautifully rendered--and you know I wouldn't say it if it weren't true.

Well done, Jim! Model on!

Steel cuts flesh. Steel cuts bone. Steel does not cut steel. --Stephen Hunter, The 47th Samurai.

We will march on a road of bones. --Hunter S. Thompson.

Sat Cong!

March 25th, 2012, 1:27 am #6

[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]

Jim Sullivan
A very nice and clean paint work, I like it

Serge Dompierre
Frog and Canuck and proud to be

March 25th, 2012, 1:48 am #7

... How many F4U's you already have in your collection?

Take care and keep in touch

Rato Marczak
www.ratomodeling.com
Rato...One of our fellow modelers, Don Fogal I think, has often said "...you can't have too many Corsairs" and I certainly endorse that statement. I have about 20 built and all but three of them are 1/48th scale. The others are 1/32nd. I'm too danged old to work with the smaller 1/72nd models as I just can't see the small detail. In the stash, I have about another 20 or so waiting patiently to get built. My thanks to you as well as the other fellow modelers that have taken time to responded to that posting of the F4U-5 build. My thanks to each of you.

Jim Sullivan

March 25th, 2012, 6:50 am #8

[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]

Jim Sullivan
Gotta agree with you, great kit and very good decals.

Always a pleasure to see another one of your builds.

Allan

I love it when a plane comes together!

March 25th, 2012, 3:54 pm #9

Rato...One of our fellow modelers, Don Fogal I think, has often said "...you can't have too many Corsairs" and I certainly endorse that statement. I have about 20 built and all but three of them are 1/48th scale. The others are 1/32nd. I'm too danged old to work with the smaller 1/72nd models as I just can't see the small detail. In the stash, I have about another 20 or so waiting patiently to get built. My thanks to you as well as the other fellow modelers that have taken time to responded to that posting of the F4U-5 build. My thanks to each of you.

Jim Sullivan
Thats OK Jim, i'll build the 72nd scale Corsairs for you on your behalf.

Then there's that David Rapasi guy, who has built so many Tamiya F4Us he can probably do it in his sleep.....

david

March 25th, 2012, 3:56 pm #10

[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]

Jim Sullivan
i need to add a Postwar Reserve Corsair to my collection, but i cant get out of the habit of starting Tamiya Corsairs.

I said it before, I'll say it again: They're like Crack Cocaine for 72 scale buffs.

Terry Schuler has an F6F-5N almost finished. I will try to get pictures.

david