1/48 Tamiya A-1H Mig killing Skyraider

1/48 Tamiya A-1H Mig killing Skyraider

February 28th, 2012, 5:00 am #1

This one is totally OOB. Tamiya tape seat belts, invisiable thread for the arial. Paints were Mr. Color, and decal were a combination from the 2011 NATS yankee station mig killers sheet printed by Afterburner Decals, and the kit sheet. Most pics I could find of this plane showed it pretty clean. So I kept the weathering light. The exhaust stain is airbrushed on. I kept it on the light to medium side as well.
EDIT I just fixed that seam on the port wing LE. It must have happened when I put the cannon in. Luckily I did not glue the cannon in, so it was an easy fix. Just need to let it dry, and re spray the LE tomorrow.

Thanks for looking,
Brandon

Last edited by Bravosierra001 on February 28th, 2012, 5:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

February 28th, 2012, 5:36 am #2

Brandon,, whoa! that has got to be one of the best builds!!! n/t

February 28th, 2012, 6:22 am #3

This one is totally OOB. Tamiya tape seat belts, invisiable thread for the arial. Paints were Mr. Color, and decal were a combination from the 2011 NATS yankee station mig killers sheet printed by Afterburner Decals, and the kit sheet. Most pics I could find of this plane showed it pretty clean. So I kept the weathering light. The exhaust stain is airbrushed on. I kept it on the light to medium side as well.
EDIT I just fixed that seam on the port wing LE. It must have happened when I put the cannon in. Luckily I did not glue the cannon in, so it was an easy fix. Just need to let it dry, and re spray the LE tomorrow.

Thanks for looking,
Brandon

One of the best Skyraiders I have seen. Beautiful finish Brandon, very very nicely done.

Regards
Andy K

--------------------------------------------
http://andyksmodelblog.blogspot.com/

February 28th, 2012, 7:01 am #4

Thanks for looking,
Brandon

excellent Fist of the Fleet! I like it

February 28th, 2012, 7:36 am #5

Thanks for looking,
Brandon

February 28th, 2012, 8:21 am #6

Thanks for looking,
Brandon

missed you brandon
Last edited by p38m on February 28th, 2012, 8:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

February 28th, 2012, 9:05 am #7

Thanks for looking,
Brandon

makes me want to get one done !!

February 28th, 2012, 9:40 am #8

Thanks for looking,
Brandon

A mighty fine piece of work

February 28th, 2012, 9:46 am #9

Thanks for looking,
Brandon

Work flawlessly. Clean and beautiful.
ciao
Davide

February 28th, 2012, 10:44 am #10

Thanks for looking,
Brandon

Beautiful!