1/48 OEZ Su-25 wheel well question...

1/48 OEZ Su-25 wheel well question...

July 24th, 2011, 8:16 pm #1

did I get your attention?

I pulled this kit out today and started to cut out parts from the trees. The wheel wells (parts 21 and 22) are depicted as sliding through the fuselage and out into the engine pods. As it turns out, the fuselage sides are solid and the parts don't have a logical way of fitting into the pods.

The kit instructions don't even represent parts 21/22 correctly. WTF?

Any tips (besides throwing it back into the box and starting the Eduard Mig-21)?

Thanks,
Chris

July 24th, 2011, 11:34 pm #2

The OEZ Frogfoot is a clunker, but can be built into a nice model. I understand that the instruction diagrams a a bit off, but the kit does, indeed fit together. Here are a couple pix of what the main gear bays look like when things are glued together:

[/IMG]
[/IMG]

July 24th, 2011, 11:55 pm #3

Thanks for the tips. I just taped one side of my Su-25 together and can now see how it all works. I've got some pretty big gaps in there that I'll have to fill with styrene.

I've got the ResinArt cockpit and some other nice aftermarket that will make it look somewhat nicer if/when finished.

I appreciate your help and am completely amazed that someone responded!

Chris

July 25th, 2011, 12:54 pm #4

Chris:

I'm so glad my reply was of some help to you. Please post a few pix when you get that Frogfoot done...I would love to see it.

Marv