1/48 Kitty Hawk F-35 lightning II

1/48 Kitty Hawk F-35 lightning II

May 23rd, 2012, 3:36 am #1

I am so happy to see this Jet finally being done, I will be buying a couple. Kit is to be released in July. Hopefully we will see some sprue shots soon
[/IMG]

Cheers Brian(F-104nut)

Starfighter's forever

May 23rd, 2012, 5:27 pm #2

Is there any info/possibilities for the "A" & "C" versions as well? :) n/t

May 23rd, 2012, 11:37 pm #3

I am so happy to see this Jet finally being done, I will be buying a couple. Kit is to be released in July. Hopefully we will see some sprue shots soon
[/IMG]

Cheers Brian(F-104nut)

Starfighter's forever
How much resin will you end up needing to turn their kit of what's still pretty much a prototype configuration into what the actual thing ends up looking like in service?

Interesting choices for their first two releases. I'd love to see their business plan.

May 24th, 2012, 7:40 am #4

Albeit very limited service. they are standing up a multi service traiing wing at eglin. These are production birds, granted LRIP but production. I don't think there will be that many changes to the shape of the jet. Internally I'm sure there will be changes esp in the software and computer area. They'll selllook at all the YF-16's and F-16A's we bought!!

Craig Baumer
IPMS Baltimore
A-10C Crew Chief MD ANG

May 27th, 2012, 7:36 pm #5

[/IMG]

Cheers Brian(F-104nut)

Starfighter's forever
....If Hawkeye does a USN "C" version. Too bad the Brits bagged the C and went with the B. The QE would look a lot better without the skijump on the bow. I think they will regret getting the B down the road.

A pipe give a wise man time to think,
and a fool something to stick in his mouth.

June 5th, 2012, 11:50 pm #6

[/IMG]

Cheers Brian(F-104nut)

Starfighter's forever
Based on the provided illustration, looks like the exhaust is wrong.