1/48 ejection seats, brassin vs aires

1/48 ejection seats, brassin vs aires

April 9th, 2012, 3:08 am #1

what 1/48 ejection seats are better, the aires or brassin? Is brassin worth the money?

April 9th, 2012, 3:20 am #2

how would you rate the exhaust nozzles too?

brassin to aires?

April 9th, 2012, 5:37 pm #3

Hi Paul,

of the Eduard Brassin range, I only have the F-4 Phantom exhaust nozzles. Up close, they look EXTREMELY good, the level of detail and precision of casting looks better than Aires, and Aires is already quite good.
While the detail on the nozzle petals is similar to Aires' (but the casting seems even crisper), there is more detail inside the burner can. The J-79 burner lining is perforated which isn't replicated on the Aires parts, however it is on the Brassin parts. Also, their PE fret features not only the flame holder, but also the fuel injector ring. What finally made me buy the sets is the improved arrestor hook, that looks much more like the real thing than Hasegawa's part.
So if it's just for the nozzle, Aires and Eduard are more or less on par, but if you want that little bit of extra detail, Brassin is worth it. However, I can't tell you anything about the rest of their range, e.g. the ejection seats. I only know that their F-4J wheels don't seem to be quite right. Use Royale Resin if you need F-4 wheels.

Jeffrey
Hypersonic Models