1/48 Eduard Bf-109G-6 Finished. 6/19/2018 10:31am CST

.

1/48 Eduard Bf-109G-6 Finished. 6/19/2018 10:31am CST

Joined: April 6th, 2017, 9:05 pm

June 8th, 2018, 1:59 am #1

More progress pics of the cockpit work. Same principals added as before. Any helpful suggestions would be appreciated.
Best regards, Steve Cook 🙂
PICT0015.JPG
PICT0012.JPG
PICT0011.JPG
PICT0010.JPG
PICT0005.JPG
PICT0004.JPG
PICT0003.JPG
PICT0002.JPG
PICT0015.JPG PICT0012.JPG PICT0011.JPG PICT0010.JPG PICT0005.JPG PICT0004.JPG PICT0003.JPG PICT0002.JPG
Last edited by 731461154840 on June 19th, 2018, 3:32 pm, edited 9 times in total.
Quote
Like
Share

Joined: July 2nd, 2004, 12:51 am

June 8th, 2018, 3:44 am #2

Hi Steve,

Overall that is one nice cockpit.  One question I have is the clear section of the external fuel tank's line on the right sidewall. You will want to verify it, but I seem to remember that the clear section tended become tinted from the fuel; if I am remembering correctly, that piece could have a bit of clear yellow (maybe even thinned a bit) added to show the discoloration.  I wish I could be more specific, but you might want to check on it.  And again, mighty nice work so far!

HTH, Jim
Quote
Like
Share

Joined: June 28th, 2005, 12:03 am

June 8th, 2018, 10:57 am #3

Great looking pit Steve.

Frank
Frank
Quote
Like
Share

Joined: March 22nd, 2018, 7:25 pm

June 8th, 2018, 3:27 pm #4

Since you're asking for suggestions my only one is in the future you can add new pics to the same post with our new format, that way, they'll stay together so we won't have to jump between posts to see the progress. As people comment on separate posts an older post could jump ahead of a newer one which could really get confusing.

We can even edit the title to say part I, II, III...or to say the latest step you've added, or the date so we know there's something new in there...so nice we can do that now that the posts bump up with new activity instead of getting buried like they used to.

One more, if you hit "Place Inline" as you add pics they'll appear in the order you want them to, otherwise, they stack atop each other from the bottom up which also works but you have to load them backwards- last one first and first one last.

Really nice work Steve. That first overhead view really shows how tight these cockpits were. I remember reading that some of the German pilots liked that for violent maneuvering, since it held them in place. There wasn't anywhere else to go!

Hope to see you tonight. If I remember I'll bring my photo album. Crappy pics of crappy models to bore you with. :) 
I'm not retro, my stash got old. ~John Krukowski
Quote
Like
Share

Joined: January 6th, 2006, 11:32 pm

June 8th, 2018, 3:42 pm #5

Roy Sutherland recently posted this picture on Barracuda Studios Ready-room FB page. Most of us have been painting the O2 regulator on 109's blue but here is one that is what appears to be RLM 66 or maybe faded black. Not saying this is correct by any means but just an option. 
FB_IMG_1521594044023.jpg
Quote
Like
Share

Joined: July 18th, 2013, 2:04 am

June 8th, 2018, 3:48 pm #6

Very nice work! Thanks for sharing.
Quote
Like
Share

Joined: April 6th, 2017, 9:05 pm

June 8th, 2018, 4:40 pm #7

jkiker wrote: Hi Steve,

Overall that is one nice cockpit.  One question I have is the clear section of the external fuel tank's line on the right sidewall. You will want to verify it, but I seem to remember that the clear section tended become tinted from the fuel; if I am remembering correctly, that piece could have a bit of clear yellow (maybe even thinned a bit) added to show the discoloration.  I wish I could be more specific, but you might want to check on it.  And again, mighty nice work so far!

HTH, Jim
Thank you Jim!! I used some Tamiya clear yellow to the clear part. Thank you for the help Jim!! 🙂
PICT0002.JPG
Quote
Like
Share

Joined: April 6th, 2017, 9:05 pm

June 8th, 2018, 4:41 pm #8

Frank wrote: Great looking pit Steve.

Frank
Thank you Frank. 🙂
Quote
Like
Share

Joined: April 6th, 2017, 9:05 pm

June 8th, 2018, 4:51 pm #9

stilltubeglue wrote: Since you're asking for suggestions my only one is in the future you can add new pics to the same post with our new format, that way, they'll stay together so we won't have to jump between posts to see the progress. As people comment on separate posts an older post could jump ahead of a newer one which could really get confusing.

We can even edit the title to say part I, II, III...or to say the latest step you've added, or the date so we know there's something new in there...so nice we can do that now that the posts bump up with new activity instead of getting buried like they used to.

One more, if you hit "Place Inline" as you add pics they'll appear in the order you want them to, otherwise, they stack atop each other from the bottom up which also works but you have to load them backwards- last one first and first one last.

Really nice work Steve. That first overhead view really shows how tight these cockpits were. I remember reading that some of the German pilots liked that for violent maneuvering, since it held them in place. There wasn't anywhere else to go!

Hope to see you tonight. If I remember I'll bring my photo album. Crappy pics of crappy models to bore you with. :)
Thank you John! I was having a real difficult time with figuring out how to post on the new site. The place in line is a huge help!!! I didn't know I could add to the subject which saves me time posting, that's cool!! I will be at the meeting, I would like to see your photo album. No built model is crappy, its an achievement, I would like to show you a bunch of my crappy ones,but I wouldn't have enough room here on Hyperscale!! Ha ha ha!! 😁
Quote
Like
Share

Joined: April 6th, 2017, 9:05 pm

June 8th, 2018, 4:59 pm #10

silk_in_ca wrote: Roy Sutherland recently posted this picture on Barracuda Studios Ready-room FB page. Most of us have been painting the O2 regulator on 109's blue but here is one that is what appears to be RLM 66 or maybe faded black. Not saying this is correct by any means but just an option. 
Wow!! That is really cool. To see the real one is awesome. It would be fun and also a challenge to make it look like that in the cockpit. Thank you very much for the picture Roy, I'm going to add it to my Bf-109 reference folder.
Mose appreciated, Steve Cook 😀
Quote
Like
Share