1/48 Curtiss P-1C Hawk

Joined: April 28th, 2018, 8:33 pm

May 11th, 2018, 7:00 pm #1

Here is my recently finished Curtiss P-1C Hawk, built using Classic Airframes P-6E and the Sierra Scale P-1C.  The skis are scratchbuilt using .020 brass rod and .005 sheet.

20180331_111158.jpg 20180329_215943.jpg 20180331_111747.jpg 20180331_111801.jpg 20180317_090853.jpg
20150919_205729.jpg
20150829_154541.jpg
20150919_205729.jpg 20150829_154541.jpg
Quote
Like
Share

Joined: June 11th, 2011, 9:54 pm

May 11th, 2018, 9:42 pm #2

Hawk on skis. Wowzers! Your Hawk embidies the feel of the Golden Age of Aviation.

Attaboy!

Adios, Larry.
Last edited by CSMO on May 11th, 2018, 9:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Quote
Like
Share

Joined: February 27th, 2005, 12:37 am

May 14th, 2018, 1:46 am #3

Superb! I have the P-1 and the F6C and will now look at "blending them" like you did!

GIL
Quote
Like
Share

Joined: April 28th, 2018, 8:33 pm

May 14th, 2018, 7:57 pm #4

slowhandshodges wrote: Superb! I have the P-1 and the F6C and will now look at "blending them" like you did!

GIL
Gil,
The prospect of sanding vac wings led me to find an alternative.  You could probably use the Monogram kit as a starting point too. The Yellow Wings decals are sized for it.  The Classic Airframes rudder is smaller.  If you look closely, you'll notice there are only 12 stripes. 
Quote
Like
Share

Joined: May 8th, 2018, 3:12 am

May 25th, 2018, 9:14 pm #5

Real nice work on those skis.
Regards,

Glen

sales@creativemodels.com.au
www.creativemodels.com.au
Quote
Like
Share

Joined: February 27th, 2005, 2:39 am

May 28th, 2018, 10:59 pm #6

Jon Mitchell wrote:Here is my recently finished Curtiss P-1C Hawk, built using Classic Airframes P-6E and the Sierra Scale P-1C.  The skis are scratchbuilt using .020 brass rod and .005 sheet.”

Great work Jon! Love it.

Getting back into some new kits this Summer - anything you’d like to see produced in 1/48 vacuform? PW-8, MB-3, etc.?

Bob at Sierra scale
Quote
Like
Share

Joined: May 11th, 2005, 3:20 pm

May 29th, 2018, 10:35 am #7

NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNICE !
Quote
Like
Share

Joined: April 28th, 2018, 8:33 pm

May 30th, 2018, 12:03 am #8

Bob Norgren wrote: Getting back into some new kits this Summer - anything you’d like to see produced in 1/48 vacuform?  PW-8, MB-3, etc.?

Bob at Sierra scale
Bob,
Either of those would be great.  What about a Martin NBS-1? 
static1.squarespace.com.png
Quote
Like
Share