1/32 ZM Mustang

1/32 ZM Mustang

July 6th, 2012, 1:58 am #1

Has anyone seen this kit in their hands yet?. If so how is it?

July 6th, 2012, 2:34 am #2

Upshot: not quite as good (or as pricy) as the Tamiya kit and far better than the Academy and Trumpeter kits.
I'll give you a link but I believe you'll have to register as a member (costs nothing and there is a heck of a lot of information.)
http://p51sig.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=669

Tank: So what do you need? Besides a miracle.
Neo: Guns. Lots of guns.

July 6th, 2012, 5:35 am #3

There was a thread about which kit, between the Tamiya and the Zoukei-Mura was the better one:
http://www.network54.com/Forum/149674/t ... +consensus+-

Christian A.
Christian A.

July 6th, 2012, 6:30 am #4

Jeez

July 6th, 2012, 6:56 am #5

LOL
Seriously, the P-51 SIG is indeed the best source for any Mustang information.

Christian A.
Christian A.

July 6th, 2012, 12:22 pm #6

Jeez

...needed "pumping up". Does Craig Q. need to start taking some sort of dietary supplement....?!

In regards to the price differences that are being compared for the two P-51 kits, it's always the marked down Tamiya kit vs. the retail Z-M kit. As a laymen in the ways of marketing and pricing, why wouldn't the Z-M kit enjoy a similar discount once it hits the streets? Is it because of the distribution, Tamiya flooding the market with their kit, the limited run nature of Z-M kits, people like paying retail (but only for Z-M kits), all of the above, none of the above?

I ask only because this will undoubtedly come up again when Z-M releases their He-219 and competes against ROG's kit. Given the prices of previous ROG 1/32nd scale kits, I would think the retail price difference between the two will be pretty large.
Last edited by bomarc on July 6th, 2012, 12:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

July 6th, 2012, 1:33 pm #7

There was a thread about which kit, between the Tamiya and the Zoukei-Mura was the better one:
http://www.network54.com/Forum/149674/t ... +consensus+-

Christian A.
Other producers (Dragon? ICM?)please copy

July 6th, 2012, 3:17 pm #8

...needed "pumping up". Does Craig Q. need to start taking some sort of dietary supplement....?!

In regards to the price differences that are being compared for the two P-51 kits, it's always the marked down Tamiya kit vs. the retail Z-M kit. As a laymen in the ways of marketing and pricing, why wouldn't the Z-M kit enjoy a similar discount once it hits the streets? Is it because of the distribution, Tamiya flooding the market with their kit, the limited run nature of Z-M kits, people like paying retail (but only for Z-M kits), all of the above, none of the above?

I ask only because this will undoubtedly come up again when Z-M releases their He-219 and competes against ROG's kit. Given the prices of previous ROG 1/32nd scale kits, I would think the retail price difference between the two will be pretty large.
...since they only sell direct-to-consumer.  In essence they're really selling them at wholesale prices, which would make them actually more expensive than the Tamiya kit if it had to go through the same layers of distribution to reach consumers.  I guarantee you the ZM kit is the more expensive kit to produce, since they will have less kits to amortize the tooling costs.  It's the same approach taken by Wingnut Wings, and it might work for smaller niche manufacturers, but the mainstream compaines need to do much greater numbers of sales and need wider distribution than direct-to-consumer yields.