1:32 Hasegawa J2M3 Raiden - done.

1:32 Hasegawa J2M3 Raiden - done.

May 5th, 2012, 2:03 am #1

Hasegawa's 32nd scale J2M3 Raiden modelled OOB as a prototype depicted in profile in Mushroom Models' book on the type. Most challenging aspect of the build has been getting "finals" pics. After numerous attempts to photograph it, here's the best I can come up with. If it looks like a crazy day-glo tangarine on your screen, my sincere apologies. It is looks like as sun-bleached orange peel; again, my sincere apologies.

[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]

Thanks to Mal Mayfield from Miracle Paint Masks for supplying custom masks for the markings.

As Hasegawa recently announced the release of a prototype boxing in the same scheme, there's an opportunity to do another one with some extra surface detail added, and a tamer version of that orange!

Thanks for looking - or was that blinkking??!! Cheers, Ralph.
Last edited by RalphRiese on May 5th, 2012, 2:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

May 5th, 2012, 2:08 am #2

Beautiful build too!

May 5th, 2012, 2:17 am #3

Hasegawa's 32nd scale J2M3 Raiden modelled OOB as a prototype depicted in profile in Mushroom Models' book on the type. Most challenging aspect of the build has been getting "finals" pics. After numerous attempts to photograph it, here's the best I can come up with. If it looks like a crazy day-glo tangarine on your screen, my sincere apologies. It is looks like as sun-bleached orange peel; again, my sincere apologies.

[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]

Thanks to Mal Mayfield from Miracle Paint Masks for supplying custom masks for the markings.

As Hasegawa recently announced the release of a prototype boxing in the same scheme, there's an opportunity to do another one with some extra surface detail added, and a tamer version of that orange!

nm

May 5th, 2012, 2:18 am #4

[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]

It looks just right for a clean prototype without being monocolor.

May 5th, 2012, 2:39 am #5

[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]

Thanks for posting the progress pics!

Cheers,
Val

May 5th, 2012, 2:49 am #6

[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]

Gorgeous, unusual but stunning...

Well done !!

Scott

May 5th, 2012, 2:53 am #7

[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]

That's a beautiful build, Ralph- no finer testimony to the contents of the box.

Cheers!
chuk

May 5th, 2012, 3:13 am #8

[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]

IMHO, the orange really compliments the lines of that aircraft.
Very nice.
So, the ZM Ta152 in Red\Orange maybe?

May 5th, 2012, 3:15 am #9

[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]

Your models always inspire me to get building.Thanks for posting them.................Paul

May 5th, 2012, 3:17 am #10

[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]

I have been following your build...

Great modeling!!!

California Steve