1/32 B-25, Who's buying one

1/32 B-25, Who's buying one

March 30th, 2012, 5:25 pm #1

I see the HK Mitchell will be released soon @ 170$. A little to pricey for me considering the price for the He 111 and Ju 88. Will it fly or Flop?

March 30th, 2012, 5:28 pm #2

2 on pre-order from PCM, a clear nose and the gun nose, and a friend of mine has the gun nose on order. So that's at least 3 that will sell
M
Remember the USS Liberty

March 30th, 2012, 5:31 pm #3

I see the HK Mitchell will be released soon @ 170$. A little to pricey for me considering the price for the He 111 and Ju 88. Will it fly or Flop?
Thats 2 WNW fighters and like you say - If Revell can do a 1/32 twin for about $100 then I can wait for them to maybe take a kick at that can. Besides, the back story on this one seems a bit sketchy.....

I was clean,shaved and sober and I didnt care who knew it.

March 30th, 2012, 5:38 pm #4

And even if it were, it's waaaaay too expensive for my budget.

I'm not really a pompous ***; I just play one on HyperScale!

Michael McMurtrey
IPMS-USA #1746
IPMS-Canada #1426
Carrollton, Texas
Michael McMurtrey
IPMS-USA #1746
IPMS-Canada #1426
CAHS #5646
Carrollton, TX

Proud IPMS-USA Low Number Thumper!

March 30th, 2012, 5:38 pm #5

Thats 2 WNW fighters and like you say - If Revell can do a 1/32 twin for about $100 then I can wait for them to maybe take a kick at that can. Besides, the back story on this one seems a bit sketchy.....

I was clean,shaved and sober and I didnt care who knew it.
Revell is an outlier among all other model companies. I'm not sure what their business model is, but clearly it's different from everyone else, so I don't think it's fair to hold them up as a standard for all other companies. I do think some are pricing themselves out of the market, but I do think Revell is the exception rather than the rule.

As for "sketchy" - I don't think there's anything sketchy about it. A business deal went south. The guy who originated the stuff is now selling them under his own banner. That's about all there is to it.

March 30th, 2012, 5:48 pm #6

As for me, I'll take a pass.
Way too spendy and wrong scale.

Wheels UP-Water
Wheels DOWN-Land
DO NOT confuse the two !

March 30th, 2012, 5:52 pm #7

Like the tamiya P-51, it's too large for my space & too far afield from my interests to be worth the investment. But I will certainly enjoy seeing these kits built up & look forward to seeing the hype actually turn into models.

Now if the house were to burn down tomorrow & I had to start over, this might be another matter altogether. 32d B-25? the only question would be 3d BW in Korea, RCAF '50s, late war VVS...oh yeah!

(yes, happily married to explain the sbj line. plus, I try to avoid expensive whims to further remaim in that catagory. If you're one of those guys who sneaks things into the house, you're doing something wrong.)

March 30th, 2012, 5:55 pm #8

Was'nt this the Wingscale kit were the Modeller developing it was cut out of the deal?

Correct Me if I'm Wrong........

Cheers, Pete

March 30th, 2012, 6:04 pm #9

You're going by the "he said." The "she said" side of the story had the modeller trying to scam the Chinese company into covering his investment and failing to meet his portion of the obligation.
My personal take on the two stories is that said modeler just tried to bite off more than he could chew, the "she said" have the "51%" in their favor, based on the dueling stories.

Others will have varying milage.

March 30th, 2012, 6:20 pm #10

Was'nt this the Wingscale kit were the Modeller developing it was cut out of the deal?

Correct Me if I'm Wrong........

Cheers, Pete
The mode was developed by HK Models in Hong Kong. The Dutch guy was going to sell them under his label, but the deal fell through because the money was never forthcoming. Thus, HK Models is now selling under their own label.