1/144 Ki-43 Oscar Work in Progress

1/144 Ki-43 Oscar Work in Progress

Joined: June 26th, 2007, 6:46 pm

March 16th, 2018, 8:06 pm #1

Hi all,
I'm still working completing unfinished projects.
I have an old LS 1/144 Ki-43 Oscar I started years ago.
I already had most of cockpit details done.
I used small electronic wire for stringers and stretched sprue for ribs.
I just made main instrument panel from a tiny piece of styrene.
I mounted instrument panel to a clothespin with double sided tape
to keep it steady for drilling holes to simulate instrument bezels.
Highlighted holes using a silver pencil.
Used tiny pieces of styrene to make seat bottom and seat back painted with AreoMaster Aotake interior paint.
Added painted masking tape as seat belts.
Drilled shallow holes on seat back and filled with Tamiya Smoke.
Spare resin engine was painted with Polyscale Grimy Black and highlighted with silver pencil.
Made ignition ring using electronic copper wire and painted with Testor Flat Aluminum.
Painted very tiny electronic wire with Polyscale Dirt and attached to engine with CA glue.
Enjoy the pictures.
Alex



Last edited by modlbldralexb on March 17th, 2018, 4:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Quote
Like
Share

Joined: July 8th, 2008, 10:57 am

March 17th, 2018, 1:37 am #2

Delete the 's' of 'https' and the pictures will show here. Looking forward to seeing them!

Stuart
Quote
Like
Share

Joined: July 8th, 2008, 10:57 am

March 18th, 2018, 2:09 am #3

Hi all,
I'm still working completing unfinished projects.
I have an old LS 1/144 Ki-43 Oscar I started years ago.
I already had most of cockpit details done.
I used small electronic wire for stringers and stretched sprue for ribs.
I just made main instrument panel from a tiny piece of styrene.
I mounted instrument panel to a clothespin with double sided tape
to keep it steady for drilling holes to simulate instrument bezels.
Highlighted holes using a silver pencil.
Used tiny pieces of styrene to make seat bottom and seat back painted with AreoMaster Aotake interior paint.
Added painted masking tape as seat belts.
Drilled shallow holes on seat back and filled with Tamiya Smoke.
Spare resin engine was painted with Polyscale Grimy Black and highlighted with silver pencil.
Made ignition ring using electronic copper wire and painted with Testor Flat Aluminum.
Painted very tiny electronic wire with Polyscale Dirt and attached to engine with CA glue.
Enjoy the pictures.
Alex



Watching with interest!

Stuart
Quote
Like
Share

Joined: April 20th, 2018, 10:12 am

May 13th, 2018, 4:52 am #4

Funny, I've had one of these and the George from the LS kit on the go since 1983 😲🙄
At least you've done a Nakajima version of the 'aotake' resin finish, nice work so far 😎
Quote
Like
Share