Information: We have now moved to Jcink: https://senki.jcink.net/index.php

Azure Blue All Day

May 14th, 2018, 10:45 pm #1

In the world, those places with beaches are truly blessed. How often it is that people living near the ocean take it for granted. Melodies to lull you to sleep, sand to exfoliate your cares away, blue depths to explore and encompass you. Ok sure there was the looming threats of tidal waves, the tag team of typhoons and monsoons and certainly not forgotten the storms that the sea brought.

Well ok, depending on who you are, some of those are more manageable to deal with than others, however today the sky was clear, only a hint of clouds in the sky. The sun shone its warm rays down onto the sands, not too hot and certainly not as unbearable as it could be in peak summer.

Nickle lay back on a beach towel, a straw hat tilted forward and shading his eyes as he lay there soaking up the sun with his arms behind his head, his hands cradling his noggin. Sporting a pair of red swimming trunks and a white and green shirt that had been left unbuttoned, the electromancer had thought it prudent to make use of the beach so close. A bag next to him showed that he planned to do more than just sun himself however.

"Ah yes, paradise can truly exist." he said lazily, enjoying the sun and breathing out.
#004bff
#ffb400
#1e0cc6

May 17th, 2018, 3:45 am #2

She had to admit, there was something to be said for spring at the beach. Most people said that summer was the best time to visit the beach, but Chizu would counter with the idea that in the heat of summer, one didn't want to be outside, let alone lying out in full sunshine surrounded by all of the people that thought the same way. The older she got, the more she could appreciate going places in the off-season.

That didn't mean she wasn't going to go to the beach that summer, of course. She was pretty sure that when the weather started getting hot, she would do almost anything to cool down, including braving the sun and the clouds. Still, there was something to be said for heading to the beach during one of those first sunny days, the signs of warmth at the end of winter.

Just relaxing was nice too. She never would have thought she would be one of those people who laid around and just relaxed in the sunshine, but maybe that was another thing about growing up.

At the moment, she lay on a beach towel next to Nickle's, her head pillowed behind her arm and sunglasses covering her--currently closed--eyes. She was dressed in a black two-piece swimsuit, currently covered up with a white T-shirt though, until she was ready to swim.

"Mm-hmm," she said in agreement, sounding like she was on the verge of falling asleep. She'd been feeling pretty tired lately, although she wasn't sure why. Work, probably. Other than the thing with Kinclex, whatever was going on there, it was hard to think of anything else.
Yukina Shiromizu - #E412EE
Rei Yasukage - #0A89C8
Kyosuke Hiraga - #CD6839
Chizu Ryuko - #F04D4D
Posts are usually on Sundays and Wednesdays (Pacific Time)

May 20th, 2018, 6:46 pm #3

"It feels so cold though!" groused a figure emerging from the water. She shook the water out of her red hair and re-did the pigtail that she had made her trademark. "Now where's my towel..."

It had been a while since Asami had touched down, and to say she still felt out of place was an understatement. She hadn't made any close friends, and could feel judged by her peers. She was quite sure her sexuality had more than something to do with it. It made her feel insecure.

Could anyone else around her believe it? Being from an environment where she was repressed and shunned, treated like a beast and freak of nature, coming here with a clear expectation that things would be different and she could feel openly proud about being herself, instead only to feel all the same insecurities all over again. Was the world really against her?

She reached her towel and mopped herself down. As she did, she absent-mindedly began walking, her sight obscure by the towel. Though her sight ahead seemed clear, she began taking turns, without her fully realising.

Right in the direction of Nickle.

It was probably just as well as she realised something was probably wrong then, and pulled the towel back up, looking right down at the older man.

"Oh, I'm sorry," she said a little brusquely, and lowering the towel back to her waist. "I shouldn't have done that." With that she began to turn away and pretend that hadn't just happened.
"History is written by the victors, unless they're illiterate."

Characters:
Edie Masuda Sheridan
Tarouta Shimizu
Lucas Strachan
Tatsuya Takada
Asami Tachibana
Lujza Kiss

May 20th, 2018, 9:58 pm #4

Nickle shifted his body, rolling onto his side and propping his head up onto his elbow as he looked at Chizu who seemed to be slowly nodding off and falling asleep. He adjusted his straw hat, one styled to look like a cowboy hat, tilting it upwards and looking at his wife, a sun-dozed smile on his face. It was such a nice and peaceful day and it would have been a waste not to make the most of it. Nickle lay there not wanting to disturb Chizu too much, but at the same time looking to show some affection towards his wife.

He gently reached out and put his hand on his wife's stomach, gently making his fingers walk horizontally from one side of her stomach to the other. He could feel the well worked abdominal muscles through the t-shirt and could not stifle a smile. How ticklish was she on her stomach again? He refrained from tickling her under pain of being thrown into a hurricane, but sometimes he had to be bold and take the risk!

Nickle stopped however as he saw a shadow approaching, removing his hand from Chizu's stomach and using it to tilt his straw hat upwards to see who was coming closer towards them. A girl was walking towards him, seemingly drying her hair and not looking where she was going. She stopped just short of stepping onto Nickle's leg.

She caught herself before doing so and then seemed to try play it off and scamper away. Was she embarrassed about not looking where she had been going? Nickle shifted and sat up, "Done what? Walk around not seeing what you're doing?" said Nickle with a chuckle, "You didn't do anything wrong you know. Though I daresay with another step or two you'd have fallen on top of me."

Nickle glanced at Chizu still lying down. Had she noticed? He could not tell properly while she had those sunglasses on.
#004bff
#ffb400
#1e0cc6

May 22nd, 2018, 12:55 am #5

A hand shot up, grabbing Nickle's hand by the wrist before it could rise too much higher. Chizu lifted her head, tilting it to the side slightly. Her sunglasses slid down her nose, exposing red eyes and a somewhat irritated glare. As it turned out, dozing off and deep sleep were two different things, and Chizu would have to be sleeping very deeply indeed to not notice somewhat touching her.

Particularly not when said someone's hands were coming very close to a certain ticklish spot.

"Not another inch, Ryuko," Chizu warned.

That was when she realized that they had company.

She blinked, looking past Nickle at the girl that stood behind him, looking like she had been about half an inch from walking right into him. She released Nickle's hand, sitting up straighter. She was still a little groggy from sleep, and she had missed most of that initial interaction, but she could put together the gist of things fairly well.

"Hey, don't worry about it," Chizu said, glancing at Nickle. "He can take it."
Rei Yasukage - #0A89C8
Kyosuke Hiraga - #CD6839
Chizu Ryuko - #F04D4D

May 23rd, 2018, 10:55 pm #6

Asami was on the verge of grumbling and walking away before she froze for a moment. These were the first total strangers she had met since arriving here who tried to engage her in a conversation.

Well, she'd only been here a pretty short time anyway, but what could it hurt to talk? They didn't seem intent on maligning her and giving her a hard time over what kind of a person she was.

She turned back with a smile. "Nah, it's just that back home the tourists can get really hopped up about people walking into them on the beach. But it's not so bad here. The people really are a lot more courteous and friendly. And it's a lot quieter here. But I really shouldn't have made that mistake in that case."

Characters:
Edie Masuda Sheridan
Tarouta Shimizu
Lucas Strachan
Tatsuya Takada
Asami Tachibana
Lujza Kiss

May 24th, 2018, 8:06 pm #7

Nearby, a friendly game of volleyball continued amongst members of the Kaneshima PD. The teams were plainly split between fresh-faced rookies on one side, and grizzled veterans on the other; many of whom were in some cases better off wearing shirts...

Despite the stark differences between the two teams, the game seemed far from one-sided.

From the sidelines one new member of the KPD sat out, but watched on with an earnest smile and friendly amusement. Wearing a modestly long t-shirt over her swimsuit and a daisy-yellow sun hat and glasses was Setsuna Higashi, the department's latest in-house therapist. Though she had never been particularly athletic (martial arts not withstanding), it had been nice of them to invite her along, and it was a worthwhile chance to bond better with her co-workers, something she wasn't ordinarily good at.

Still, between cheering them on from the sidelines and fetching them drinks between sets, everyone seemed to be getting along rather well. It was a relief to someone like her, especially after everything she'd been through, to be able to have normal friendships and a healthy environment in which to grow in her work. Little did she expect what was to come...

"Heads up!"

"You hit it way too hard!"

"Ease up on the serve, Ito!"

The volleyball bounced away steadily as several members of both teams groaned in unison. Setsuna stood up with a smile and waved at the group.

"Don't worry, I've got it! Just wait here!" She called, bounding off after it while the veterans chastised the rookie who served it for causing her trouble. They really were a great bunch to work with and she was thankful for them all. Still, it was maybe a little troublesome that it ended up going this far from their area...

The ball came to a softly rolling stop against Chizu's back and Setsuna just behind it. She held down her hat in the warm spring sea breeze as she ran and adjusted her sunglasses awkwardly. "Sorry! Please excuse me!" She called, coming up behind the group. "Sorry, our group was being a bit too rowdy. I guess these sorts of things are common when the beach is busier, right?" Setsuna with a gentle smile. "Would you mind handing me that?" She said, pointing to the volleyball.

June 3rd, 2018, 10:32 pm #8

Nickle grinned, as if satisfied that Chizu had stopped him from going towards her rib-cage to tickle her. "Aww and here I thought my fiendish plan was working." Retrieving his hand from Chizu's grasp the electromancer then turned back to Asami and now sat up himself, and gave her a reassuring smile, "Well I don't know exactly where back home is for you, but you're right in saying things can be a bit more chilled here. A lot less people have some sort of chip on their shoulder I guess. Besides you made no mistake to begin with! You made and almost accident if anything!" Nickle grinned hugely.

Nickle's smile often seemed to have the effect of putting people at ease. He meant no ill will towards anyone, battles and life-or-death circumstances excluded for the most part. "What's your name miss? I'm Nickle and this is my wife Chizu," Nickle tilted his head towards Chizu and now noticed that a woman had walked up towards his wife in an attempt to reclaim her ball.

Craning his neck for a moment, Nickle spotted the group playing volleyball further down and smirked mischievously, "My dear wife, who just seems to be a magnet for punishment today~" Nickle's hand quickly shot out tickled Chizu's ribs, before he rolled in the opposite direction and came up standing, "Go on sweetheart, give her the ball back."

Nickle then flashed a smile at Setsuna, "Workplace team-building miss?"
#004bff
#ffb400
#1e0cc6

June 4th, 2018, 3:24 am #9

Chizu shrugged at Asami's statement. There were definitely people out there who seemed more ready to take offense at anything--Chizu had seen those people and had offended enough of them in her lifetime to know. But she and Nickle weren't those people. If Asami had run into them intentionally, or if she'd still been the sort of dumb kid who couldn't let any perceived slight go, then yeah, she would have been kind of pissed off, but accidents happened.

And speaking of accidents--

The feeling of a volleyball touching her back made Chizu pause. It didn't hurt, but it did distract her for a moment, and that momentary discussion cost her as Nickle reached out and tickled her. Chizu yelped in surprise, sitting up, and quickly swatted the offending hand away, shooting him a murderous glare. She might have said more, but the woman who threw the ball was already there, asking for it back, so instead Chizu gave Nickle a look that told him she would very much be getting him back for that later, and reached behind her to pick up the ball.

"No harm done," Chizu said, brushing some of the sand off the volleyball. "Just be more careful next time, alright? Don't want to give anyone around here any more ideas." The last was said with a poisonous glance at her husband before Chizu twisted around, holding the volleyball out to the woman who had come for it.

A woman who...now that Chizu was looking at her, looked kind of familiar. Her eyes narrowed, her brow furrowing as she tried to figure it out. With the hat and the glasses, it was hard to tell, but there was something about her voice, her general build...

"You seem...kinda familiar," Chizu said, sounding uncertain. "Have we met?"
Rei Yasukage - #0A89C8
Kyosuke Hiraga - #CD6839
Chizu Ryuko - #F04D4D

June 6th, 2018, 10:36 pm #10

Asami nodded. "Yeah, I suppose that being in less tourist-trap places makes people more tolerable towards one another." She draped her towel around her neck, wiping one last bead of water from her forehead.

Just in time for her to notice the volleyball landing near Chizu too. She heard the fellows from over there calling out, so she went to reach for it and toss it back, but saw that the woman had got it first. Probably just as well that she had it anyway.

"Oh my name?" she said, and as she did, found herself somewhat flustered when she realised that Nickle had addressed her with the correct title. That was something exceedingly rare that she would have been at pains to hear from so many at home. "Asami...Asami Tachibana. I'm very pleased to meet you."

She tried not to let it show, but deep down, a warm feeling of acceptance had overwhelmed her. Back home it wasn't uncommon for men to taunt her by telling her to take her bottoms off and show off her genitalia in public. And now here was a complete stranger treating her like an equal and not a freak of nature.

Fuck, I really can't leave here.

Characters:
Edie Masuda Sheridan
Tarouta Shimizu
Lucas Strachan
Tatsuya Takada
Asami Tachibana
Lujza Kiss