Spring Appreciation 2017

April 15th, 2017, 6:18 pm #1

The sun is shining and the weather is getting warm, and days are getting longer, which can only mean one thing. Spring is upon us, and sports. For this years Spring Appreciation, of 6 SP, 12 RP, 700,000 Jenni and 3 Event Tokens, we ask for some audience participation.

For each character you want the bonus to apply to, let us know what sport and position they'd play, and give us a short reason why they'd be good at it. When linking this thread in your next adjustment, please link it directly to your post.

You can pick any sport from soccer, to curling, to darts, use your imagination and I look forward to seeing what all our little athletes come up with!

My own sportings, I'd put Luca as a pitcher in baseball, and Calvin as a sumo wrestler.

With Luca's high accuaracy, as well as his momentum controlling Hatsu he could dominate any baseball game. Strikes for days, and anyone that managed to sneak out a hit off of his Hatsu boosted pitch would find their hit dropping far short of where they should have flown to.

For Calvin I see him mastering the art of pushing people around, a true contest of strength, Sumo wrestling. The tiny monster wound don his adult diaper, then chamber up a gigantic push to dump anyone out of the ring in just a few short seconds.

April 15th, 2017, 8:19 pm #2

I think Ylva would be good at volleyball and would play the part of the Libero. She'd be good at detecting where the ball is coming from due to her hearing and she could receive the ball if it's coming in fast because she's pretty fast. I think she'd excel in that position.

April 15th, 2017, 10:21 pm #3

Mizaki would probably play football (or, as those from the land of the free and MacDonalds call it, soccer). He would be an amazing goalkeeper, not just due to his quick reflexes and speed, but mostly because I am somewhat certain that no rule would prohibit him to use Aegis to perform a tricky save. At least, that is if he used In while he materialized it. Aegis, come to think of it, would be useful in quite a lot of sports.

Mizaki's name actually comes from a football anime that was, for some reason, very popular in my country long after it was released worldwide: Captain Tsubasa. His name is the surname of one of the most important characters - Taro Misaki. I changed the 's' to a 'z' because I thought that was how it was written, and when I realised it wasn't, I thought the 'z' looked cooler.

April 16th, 2017, 9:34 am #4

Roost literally is a huge basketball fan and plays center. Roost is 7'2(2.18 meters) 300lb(130kg) and lighter on his feet than someone as big and built as him could be irl so i'd say he'd be nigh unstoppable. He'd be against using his aura for any sort of sporting event though. If it was a nen user basketball tournament he'd probably just set his half of the court on fire.

Muerte would be a force to behold in any sport that relied heavily on physical strength, he'd certainly win any weightlifting competitions, arm wrestling, olympic wrestling (seeing as he's a wrestler) rugby, american football. He's basically an ogre with a cold psychopathic intellect and charm. He'd likely do well in a team activity given his natural ability to read and manipulate those around him. He could use this talent he has to disrupt the enemy's cooperation and fuel his own team's, though it is likely he'd use it to destroy someone he didn't particularly like among his own and add insult to injury by stealing the glory.

Jules does well in sports that require one to be light on their feet and dextrous. He's very talented with his legs and can maneuver around exceptionally well on them. He would be a great football(soccah), volleyball, tennis, and would probably do well in baseball and basketball due to his strength and preciseness.

April 17th, 2017, 1:06 am #5

Dorn enjoys long distance running. Her endurance allows her to maintain a decent pace for lengthy circuits and she prefers the solitude. Often this sport seems to be a mental one; the athlete having to motivate themselves with no outside support. This is Dorn's special talent, psyching herself up for difficult tasks as well as getting through them.

Motto’s visual acuity allows him to dominate on the tennis court, but his real love is competitive swimming. Freestyle is his strongest event since he likes to go wild and change up his technique. Loving the intensity of it, Motto pushes himself every moment of the race.

Go’s best position in basketball is the small forward. Despite his short stature the boy is QUICK. Go’s agility allows him to get to line with relative ease, and whenever he scores, the mayjuu takes flight and circles the scoreboard much to the other team’s annoyance.

April 17th, 2017, 1:51 am #6

Oursa would be a mean lacrosse player. He's agile and moves unpredictably, which coupled with his accuracy, would make him an offensive terror. As an attackman, he'd weave between defenders and take as many shots as he possibly could at goal.

Ozzy would be a mighty judoka. His obscene endurance coupled with his strategy would make him amazing at judo. He would prefer takedowns by the Gi.

April 17th, 2017, 1:49 pm #7

Father Vokes sporting days are long behind him. He's reached the stage in life when the ache doesn't just disappear in a couple of days. But If he was a decade younger and his knees didn't twinge so easily, he would have enjoyed track and field events. Maybe the triathlon.

April 17th, 2017, 3:18 pm #8

Gilgamesh would be good at a few sports for obvious reasons!

In Football (The American version) I think he's be a line backer because of his size and stature, he wouldn't let anyone through and is big enough to keep probably two people at bay or could even be used on offense and plow right through the enemies defense to get to the QB

In Hockey I'd like to believe he'd play center or maybe goalie, he's big enough where I think he'd be able to cover the goal and while his reflexes aren't as extreme as others I think you'd have a hard time getting past him. As center he'd just knock people over on his way to scoring! (I think you see a theme here)

But most of all I think his main Sport would be something like boxing. This is where he would shine, he's large and in charge and can take a beating and dish it out, the longer the match and the more he's hurting gives his Hatsu that extra little something that would topple most boxers be it with BKR or Atomic smash I'd say going into round 3 or 4 it would be a one hit KO!

April 19th, 2017, 9:23 pm #9

Zanto’s body has been built for strength and endurance above all else. As such, he would probably enjoy playing a running back in football. Fullback position, called upon when the team is in need of pure, unrefined power to get a couple yards.

Also… He can fly, so he could do that too. Though, he probably wouldn’t use his wings, since he’d view that as cheating... He is much more about testing his own strength against others and the fullback position would suit him.

April 19th, 2017, 10:12 pm #10

Eustace would be a pretty mean chess player. He's a quick learner and the type of guy to obsess for ages of the things he's passionate about, especially if they're fun.