Mother's Day Letters

April 1st, 2018, 8:19 pm #1

Mother’s Day Letters
It's pretty simple really. You write a letter to your character's mother, in their voice (first or third person, doesn't matter.) whether she is alive and well, beloved, hated, or deceased.

This is an opportunity for some independent growth of character, on your own terms.

Rules
  • Word limit is 650.
  • You may make one entry per character, and each award will be character specific.
  • Base Reward is 2SP, 5 RP, 500,000 Jenni (bonuses might be earned!)
  • If you overtly (or subtly) troll, you will be penalized.
  • Post entries here (preferably in spoilers) and they will be graded in late Spring.
  • In order to streamline rewards, reward tables will be edited into your post when graded. Please do not edit your post after rewards have been posted, if you attempt to enhance your rewards, you will be caught.
[/color]
:Shizuku:

April 1st, 2018, 11:14 pm #2

Thank you for the event! It was really interesting to try to write that letter, and helped flesh a bit some things I mentionned now and then, in Albe's story.
(I kinda hope that we can grasp how Albe's creepyness shows from time to time ^^)

I must admit that my English was really put to the test though... I hope I didn't make too many mistakes, and that it still makes sense!

Anyway, Happy Mother's Day (Event) everyone!
[+] Spoiler
"Mrs Marine Fellis,

I’m sorry to inform you that you don’t have a son anymore. People from the Kavaro family will be coming to meet with you, very soon. They’ll show you signed papers, authorizations, legal stuff mostly, and will ask for all documents you possess regarding the sixteen year old boy once named Albe Fellis; that person doesn’t exist anymore.

Do not try to resist them. They’re in their rights.

Do not try to investigate them. It’s dangerous.

Do not cry… as ungrateful as I may seem, I still love you very dearly.

Yeah... in case you didn’t guess already: this letter is from what's remain of the tiny one you used to call your "Blueberry". Honestly, it could as well be from a stranger.

But anyway, I owe you an explanation. The process initiated by the Kavaro family is part of a very special tribe's ceremony. As I swore an oath of secrecy, I can't tell you much more about it, but it is a transition of sort. Albe Fellis exists no more, not a single paper about him should remain. The only documents regarding my existence are now owned by the Kavaro family, I've been assimilated to their lineage via a sacred custom… that is basically marriage.

Ah… Yes. I guess I should apologize for not informing nor inviting you to my recent (underground) wedding. The bride’s name is Wudith Kavaro. She’s 32.
Twice my age…

What is she, a cougar!? …is probably what you’re thinking right now. I know you were always fond of crazy TV shows about married women living a lavish life full of secrets and temptations, but… no. Definitely not. Wudith is NOT the kind of predator you’re already portraying in your mind. She’s a kind lady, who worries about me more than I deserve, and she unquestionably didn’t swindle me into accepting all of this.

At that time, the marriage simply was a convenient agreement for both of us, an opportunity that we could seize in order to move forward. I don’t regret it, even if we must face the consequences now. My legal wife made a few drafts of divorce documents already, but it’s far easier to enter the wolves’ den than to get out of it unscathed. A break up isn’t going to happen very soon.

And… actually, I’m not totally discontent with this arrangement.

*A few drops of black ink are staining the paper here. The author may have hesitated for a bit.*

I once told you about how I felt.

The night I departed, I whispered – to your ears only – how much I needed to leave. This instant. While Noe was still asleep. While I still had the courage to do so.

But she woke up. Maybe because she felt that something was odd. As she made her way to the kitchen where we were talking, I froze. Only one word of her could have stopped my plans. Without even knowing it, she had cast a spell on me, not unlike how the sun is always casting a shadow. You saw my dilemma in my eyes, one you were never able to understand. But anyway, you took action. You gave me food, money, and an address to go, then distracted the sister who was the center of my whole existence.
The sun I was circling around for my whole life, the one I reflected blindly, the one who made me think of my face as her own.

As I stepped outside, in the dark for the very first time. I felt how empty I had been for my entire life. It wasn’t freedom that awaited me, but the excruciating pain of finally noticing that in fourteen years, I never once was my own person.

As you were here to support my very first steps on this path, I think you may understand. By disowning you all, I’m finally reaching my destination.

The Fellis twins that nobody – not even you – could tell apart don’t exist anymore.

...you know what? It sounds a bit like what a shonen-manga emo-protagonist would say. You know what a manga is, right? If you don’t, Noe has some... but it might be unwise to ask her about it. If she's still reading the kind she was interested in, two years ago, it'll give you an awfully wrong idea... This Yaoi-stuff is pure evil.

*The writing starts to look more firm from here. Resolute.*

I’m not sure of who I am for you, right now. My name is Albe Kavaro. I’m a goldsmith apprentice, I also work as an amateur Hunter sometimes, when my expertise is needed. I’ve been tutored by great professionals these past two years and I’m finally starting to be worth my salt.

If you ever wanted to see for yourself what became of the shy and transparent boy you once knew… my work often takes me near the Republic of Padokia. I could visit, if I was allowed to.

At least, it’d stop Noe from hounding me for a while. She came after me nine times already these past two years. And… our relationship grew pretty sour. I don’t know how much she told you about it, but as I don’t feel any need to confront her, she’s plainly being a hindrance and nothing more.
When I called her last Christmas, I nearly thought that we could have a proper conversation… but she just flipped out the second she understood I wasn’t coming back.

Did I… cause this?

I thought I was escaping from her grasp, but lately, I’m wondering if I didn’t inadvertently steal something from her by doing so. Is she trying to feed on me like I was feeding on her as a child? It’s suffocating.

I guess these lines are somewhat painful for you to read, I’m sorry.
But I have no plan of humoring her.

Also, I still don’t forgive her for the last time she showed up in Yorkshin City and punched me in the gut, having me throwing up in front of my client definitely left a bad impression.

*The ring shape, here, indicates that the author somehow put his cup of tea on the present letter.*

Right now, I’m in Jappon. Writing this letter on a weird ninja-scroll bought for a fortune in a souvenirs shop. Sorry if it’s not easy to read, I needed to figure out what to do with it now... I purchased it on impulse, but then realized that I didn’t need it nearly as much as the vendor told me earlier. I may have been swindled. So, yeah, I would have feel too dumb if I didn’t use it in some kind of meaningful way, hence the letter. The cloud-like pattern on the side is pretty cool though, right?

While I'm still sleeping in a closet-like apartment right now (to save money, partly because of that stupid scroll), soon, I’ll be enjoying my stay in a distinguished hotel, shaped like a pagoda (which is some kind of tower with massive eaves, they may be overreacting a bit to rain in this country).
I first came here to request from the renowned archeologist, Professor Kimura, to take me as her pupil in order to perfect my studies in that field. But her secretary flatly turned me down. Apparently, she has hundreds of wannabes students, and is not interested in teaching. I insisted quite a bit and got in troubles, and then got placed in detention for a while, but I’m all good now.

As I was wondering what to do with myself since I had wasted all of my travel money, I made a friend.

Well, the thing is, she doesn’t know yet that we’re friends. Since she’s blind, and I kinda introduced myself as a young Japponese postman. Why did I do that again…? Ah, yes, because I’m indeed working as one! To pay my bills, and… because I thought it’d be funny to play a prank on her!

…yeah, you could argue that we’re not really friends – but we are! She just doesn’t know about it right now! And she’ll be notified in due time.

At first, I was only going to tease her for a bit, but while following her home discreetly (to make sure everything was fine, of course), I noticed that I wasn’t the only one taking an interest in her. And they noticed me too.
Heehee. They were all here, spying, laying traps and schemes for just this skinny sightless girl. Can you believe that? They were so thorough about it… so meticulous in their ways to ensnare her, to make sure they’ll end up snuffing any spark of resistance left in her clouded eyes that I found myself…

…entranced.

Lately, I can only think of one thing.

How about drenching in oil this meticulous web of lies? How far would the fire spread if the spark ever managed to reach them? I want to know.

*This time, a big black splash is staining the paper. Did the boy inadvertantly topple his inkwell?*

Wow. This scroll is pretty lengthy once unrolled, right? I basically look like an ink-dotted mummy right now. If I ever manage to reel it back, you’ll receive it for Mother’s Day.

And… you know, Mom, Mummy-see-the-pun?, Mrs Marine Fellis, okay, I'll go with Marine... I'm really sorry.
It was of bad taste – yet fitting – to tell you about all that stuff on this special occasion.

I wish you a happy Mother's Day,
Albe Kavaro.

Ps: About that wedding-thingy... Worry not, it did involve a bit of bondage, but I’m still chaste. I think Wudith would rather strangulate herself to death than to lay hands on a teenager. Something about a woman’s pride and whatever.

I must admit that I’m a bit disappointed. I’ve heard that the first kiss tastes like strawberry, or lemon, or stuff. It sounds pretty sweet, but daunting too (I wondered for a while if I should always carry a chocolate bar or something just in case, to not disappoint if my turn were to come).

I stopped doing that, ‘cause Zeffron – remember that 45 year old bearded Hunter who’s taking care of me? – did some weird CPR-stuff on me once.

...does that count as a first kiss? I’m still pondering the question.
The taste I remember isn’t fruity at all. I wonder if I still got a shot at that first kiss stuff or if I missed the opportunity already.
"

*After reading the scroll frenetically for nearly fourty minutes, Marine Fellis’s legs gave out from anxiety and tiredness.*

[+] Spoiler
VireVolte Rewards
Member Name:
VireVolte
Character Name:
Albe Kavaro
Standard Reward
2 SP, 500,000 Jenni, 5 RP
Content Bonus
Excellent 45%
.9 SP, 225,000 Jenni
Effort Bonus
Great 15%
.3 SP, 75,000 Jenni
:wub:
Total Rewards:
3 SP, Jenni: 800,000 Jenni, 8 RP
Comments
VERY entertaining. Well over the word limit, but it’s grand and funny and so interesting! The details of his wedding were bizarre and wonderful, thank you for that. I would never guess that English is an alternative language for you, this is written well!

April 2nd, 2018, 3:47 am #3

[+] Spoiler
Mom,
I don't believe in all this stuff. I know if you were here you'd probably be appalled, but it is what it is. Yet, I'm sitting here writing this to you anyway. I know you're not watching me, and I know there's no afterlife, but here I sit. I'm sorry. Writing down these words, maybe it's just a way for me to cope, to make amends. Sorry, I'm rambling. I don't know if you remember, but when I was a little kid, I think seven or eight, I promised to always protect you. Stupid, right? Who actually says stuff like that? But thinking back, I was dead serious. As cheesy as it sounds, I couldn't protect you from myself. Not until it was too late. Dad too, and Daniel. Did you know? Daniel made it out. He saw it all happen though, so I imagine he hates my guts right about now. I'm too much of a coward to kill myself, so maybe he'll do it for me. Sorry, I shouldn't be talking about this stuff. Seems like it's all I can think about these days. Anyway, mom, I just want to say...thanks. I never appreciated everything you did for me growing up. I want you to know that I do now. You were the best mom I could've ever asked for.

Small wet spots stain the page. The final words have messier handwriting, as if his hand was shaking.

I'm sorry.
Boots crunched on snow, leaving a trail of footprints away from the center of the strangely flat area. Small pieces of wood dotted the edges, the remains of buildings. They were charred. The sealed letter lay on a small memorial, along with wilted flowers.
[+] Spoiler
S1lverScorp1on5 Rewards
Member Name:
S1lverScorp1on5
Character Name:
Alex Snow
Standard Reward
Content Bonus
Great 30%
.6 SP, 150,000 Jenni
Effort Bonus
Great 15%
.3 SP, 75,000 Jenni
:ok:
Total Rewards:
3 SP, 725,000 Jenni, 8 RP
Comments
Not only was this letter a nice piece on it's own, but you weaved in several key elements of Alex's storyline/character arc. I love treats like this with fleshed-out characters, and the ending was a nice touch.

April 2nd, 2018, 4:34 am #4

[+] Spoiler

Mother,

Have you seen my red tights? The ones with the white stripes on either side? I forgot to pack those. They should be in the dresser under the navy blue tights with the scorpion to the right of the ones with the angry bull on them. Also, Could you see if my matching boots are in there? The matte red ones, not the shiny red ones. They should be in the corner of the closet by the green boots. I need them. Desperately. I have an appointment tomorrow so do not call me when you receive this electronic message. It is with the Hunter Association. Tell Father I am a success. Tell Father I am his strongest son. He already knows, but remind him. Tell him my face is in great condition.

Mother, I would also like you to look for the Kentendo Dual Screen system. I brought the Kentendo 3DS but the screen isn't working and I want to play the game where you raise the dogs. Blancho needs to be fed regularly or he won't be able to compete. This is vital.

I thought I would inform you that my skincare regimen has continued and that my pores are flawless. Thank you for your recommendation. I have looked into the avocado lotion but it is not available here. I will need it delivered. Actually, deliver it to this address, i'll put it in the subject line. Mother, I have been having difficulty sleeping. I haven't had any more than 6 bottles a night, but sometimes I do consider a seventh when I'm having difficulties. It is my knees. They are in pain quite often. I think I am inflicting too much trauma to them in my activities. I need to remind myself how to properly take a landing. It's been so long since I was landing on hard floors. Not since middle school. I really do miss the academy. Such discipline. Such diligence. Mother, can you find the phone number of Mrs. Duvall? I would like to speak with her again. This is important.

Mother, I do hope you are doing well. And I hope Father and the others are too. I know you do not understand the decisions I've made; but it is for the good of the family. For the good of our name. Mother, after you've told father that I am a success and that I'm the most powerful of his children, of any of the men in our lineage; tell him that I will make our family proud. Tell him I will show the world who we truly are. Who we were always meant to be. Tell him, we will live in a castle in the kingdom that is me. That we will be royalty. The true royalty. Chosen by God himself. Why else would I be so perfect? How could it not be divine intervention? I shall sit atop the Earth and smile. And you all will smile around me. Tell Father this.

Remember to find all of those things i asked for, and send the lotion, and message Mrs. Duvall. Tell her it's urgent. It has been good speaking to you. I will tell you how I am doing sometime in the future. I haven't decided yet. Oh and the Kentendo DS should be in a case with a bunch of games and things; do not remove it. Send the entire case.

PS: I remembered it was Mother's Day. I was going to wish you well. A shame. There's always next year. Do try and be diligent, I do not know how long I will be at this address. There have been some difficulties with my rooming. Do not be concerned if you receive any strange calls about me from international authorities. It was a simple misunderstanding. Different cultures have so many unique difficulties, you understand of course.

--El Canción de la Muerte
[+] Spoiler
fridaynightpizza Rewards
Member Name:
fridaynightpizza
Character Name:
El Canción de la Muerte
Standard Reward
Content Bonus
Excellent 45%
.9 SP, 225,000 Jenni
Effort Bonus
Great 15%
.3 SP, 75,000 Jenni
:no1:
Total Rewards:
3 SP, 800,000 Jenni, 8 RP
Comments
What a fascinating relationship.I knew Canción de la Muerte was eccentric with an established persona, but this added some delightful backstory. More please. Especially in regards to the Academy!

April 2nd, 2018, 8:03 pm #5

[+] Spoiler

Enough is enough mom. Not once. Not a single fucking time have you ever even seen me. Every year, Dad had me write a letter on mother's day, only to send it to God knows where. I can't even be sure you exist. Are you just a stupid creation by dad to control me? I wouldn't put it past him. Years ago, I dreamed of meeting you, of the day I'd finally get to know my mom. 'No matter what she's like, she has to be better than dad.' That's what I thought. But I guess I was wrong this whole time. You're just the same as dad, maybe even worse. If you care at all, come talk to me in person. Until then, I'm done with you. I hope whatever kept you from seeing me was worth it. Have fun with dad. I'm gonna live my life the way I want, without any attachments to keep me chained down. The freedom is amazing, but I suppose you wouldn't know anything about freedom. Adios.

p.s. If you're screening this dad, screw you.
[+] Spoiler
S1lverScorp1on5 Rewards
Member Name:
S1lverScorp1on5
Character Name:
Edward Rivers
Standard Reward
Content Bonus
Exceptional/i] 60%
1.2 SP, 300,000 Jenni
Effort Bonus
Great15%
.3 SP, 75,000 Jenni
:kis:
[/i]
Total Rewards:
4 SP, 875,000 Jenni, 10 RP
Comments
An intriguing read for a newer character. I love how complete Edward feels and I appreciate that you didn't feel obligated to embellish on his concise feelings.

April 2nd, 2018, 8:10 pm #6

[+] Spoiler
The handwriting is messy, that of a child's.

Mommy! Grandma said I should send you a letter! She's really nice to me! I hope you come home soon! Can daddy come with you? I asked Max when you were coming home, but he said he didn't know. Grandma made chocolate chip cookies again! They're the best! You should have some when you come home! I asked Grandma if we could get a dog, but she said we don't have enough money. I'd take care of her myself, but Grandma still said no. She's a big meanie sometimes! Most of the time she's really nice though. She said she'd teach me how to make all her special desserts! I can't wait! Grandma says it's time to go to the store, so bye bye for now mommy! I love you!

A rough drawing of a heart in crayon is at the bottom
The small folded piece of paper lay in the old, musty home on a shelf. It had never been sent.
[+] Spoiler
S1lverScorp1on5 Rewards
Member Name:
S1lverScorp1on5
Character Name:
Sable
Standard Reward
Content Bonus
Good 15%
.2 SP, 50,000 Jenni
Effort Bonus
Notable 10%
.2 SP, 50,000 Jenni
:Neon:
Total Rewards:
2 SP, 600,000 Jenni, 5 RP
Comments
Creative and chilling. Simple, short and authentic. Nicely done.

Roy

April 2nd, 2018, 10:37 pm #7

Smoke drifted upwards from Roy's mouth as he stared down at the ground. His hands were in his pockets and he looked up at the sky sighing. "I know I don't come around very often. I'm sorry for that. I'm sorry for a lot of things...I don't think...I wasn't sure I could tell you all of this in person. So I wrote you a letter."
[+] Spoiler
Hey ma, it's been a while. I've gone through a lot since we last saw eachother. And I've put others through a lot too. If I'm being honest with you, I haven't come around because I'm ashamed. I went and saw dad like you wanted me too. Haha, he was quite the guy. As heroic as he was flawed, but he loved me. I know that much, and so I know you would have been proud of him.

You probably know this already, but dad's not around anymore. We had quite a few years together though, he taught me a lot. It's just like you said, he was an amazing hunter! He fell into a bad situation before I met him, but he tried his best to keep me out of it, and put a roof over my head. I got into some bad stuff myself but...well that was my fault.

I've hurt a lot of people mom. I can't bring myself to write out what I've done, and if theres any peace in the afterlife then I hope you never saw that. I had forgotten, forgotten for so long all the things you taught me. About peace, and love, and kindness and gentleness. I thought I'd forgotten them forever but I met someone, a really good friend. I know you would have loved him! He reminds me of you in a lot of ways actually.

I know that parents always tell their kids that theres nothing you could do to make me stop loving you. I don't know how many of them meant that, but I know you did. But I also know that I'm not the same kid you said that to. If I met you again, I don't think you'd recognise me.

I miss you a lot, and I think about you every day now. I wonder what you'd say to me if you could, and sometimes that makes me feel better, other times it makes me shudder. But I know that no matter what I think, it makes me a better man.

I'm trying hard, I'm trying so hard to be the kind of man that you would be proud of. But it's so hard, and it's so painful. I feel like one of dad's knives, trapped in a furnace, surrounded by fire, and being beaten into shape. I don't know.... I just don't know if I'm strong enough mom...but I'll keep trying, if only for you.

I understand if you couldn't bear to watch me before. I prefer to think you weren't. But if you haven't been, start now. Because today is the day that I start making you proud.
Roy left the note on the headstone along with a bushel of flowers. He leaned down on his knee and put his hand on the stone. He closed his eyes and leaned his head against it. After a few moments he kissed it softly and then got up. Roy said as he walked away. "I'll see you again someday mom. I hope your proud of your son by then."
[+] Spoiler
Roy Rewards
Member Name:
Roy
Character Name:
Roy Zimmerlan
Standard Reward
Content Bonus
Excellent 45%
.9 SP, 225,000 Jenni
Effort Bonus
Great 15%
.3 SP, 75,000 Jenni
:no:
Total Rewards:
3SP, 800,000 Jenni, 8 RP
Comments
This was well-written and reinforced many of the things I know about Roy so far. I especially enjoyed how Roy likened himself to one of his father's knives in his pursuit of goodness. It was a pleasant surprise to see that he was fond of his mother and still quite attached. Aaand she's dead.
[/code

April 5th, 2018, 7:29 pm #8

It was late, again. An easy case at first glance had become the bane of his existence the last few nights in the firm. He was young and lacked practical experience, he knew that and accepted that. He didn't have the sense for solving these types of cold cases as did the veterans in the field but he needed to prove something to himself. It had to be the similarities in this case to which his own mother died that kept him in the office researching. He'd been abandoned on this case by his colleagues as they had more pressing and important cases to work on. Annoyed, he shoved the case files away and pulled a blank sheet of paper and a pen out of a drawer and set them neatly on the the center of the desk. He'd write the letter to his mother after all. He'd hated the idea when it was first brought forth by Fiora to help him clear his head but it'd been days and he was willing to try anything to shake this funk. He began writing surprisingly quickly.
[+] Spoiler
Mother...Mom,

I'm a hunter now, like father...dad. I don't think you'd really like to hear exactly how it all happened because I did some things I'm not proud of but at the time I think NEEDED to do what I did or something worse would have happened. I know that you'd understand that much at least, you did that more times than I could count when I was a kid. It had to have been hard on you then, right? I really wish I knew. I was a moronic kid. All those fights weren't because I wanted to hurt other kids. I was trying to toughen up by defending the smaller kids who were being bullied. It was a means to an end defending those kids, I was so selfish. You were always so supportive.

I think you'll be happy to know I definitely understand the difference between petty theft and doing your job as a hunter now. I understand a lot of things about how hunters are different from everyone else now, it's actually really depressing. The line between a hunter and a criminal or a murderer is often much thinner than I know you'd want to hear. You knew that though, didn't you? That's why you gave me all those lectures back then. Well, you'll be happy to know that i'm a crime hunter and I live and work at a private investigation firm. It's actually thanks to you that things happened this way and not another much more unfortunate way. I...just...thank you for helping me get to where I am. It was all you, no matter what it ever looked like.

When you died things were bad but as I think you have experienced before, there is always room for things to get worse before they get better. I hated myself for a long time. I killed people. I might kill more people. I AM getting better thanks to you.

I constantly remember what you told me then and I won't lose track of what you'd want for me, please believe that.

I love you,

Genma
The seat screeched as the wooden leg dragged across the wooden floor. Genma took a few steps, poured himself a drink and sat back down. He reread the letter three more times before he folded it and put it into an envelope, sealing it without a second's hesitation. He finished his drink. He felt embarrassed by the words the letter contained but...She deserved it. Every word.
[+] Spoiler
Wanderer Rewards
Member Name:
Wanderer
Character Name:
Genma Ito
Standard Reward
Content Bonus
Excellent 45%
.9 SP, 225,000 Jenni
Effort Bonus
Great 15%
.3 SP, 75,000 Jenni
:kis:
Total Rewards:
3SP, 800,000 Jenni, 8 RP
Comments
Well that was epic. I knew absolutely nothing about Genma before reading this, and know I feel compelled to know him. I think it was exceptional to justify Genma's motivation for writing his letter, and it really added to the gravity of his words. "I might kill more people" was a little jarring but I liked it. Overall, this was a great read. Nice job.

April 7th, 2018, 11:43 pm #9

[+] Spoiler
" I have seen it now, the misgivings of those who know me. But they don't know me for who I am. Simply where i am from, just as you taught me they would. But, I am not her anymore mother. The girl you baptized at 6 years old is no more. I am a new girl now, a better and stronger girl. I have medium length blonde hair a suit and blouse and even a job. . . Would you be proud of her mother? Perhaps. If it weren't all just to hide myself. You said to be proud that I survived, you said to believe I could be better, you said that no goal should be too great. Mother I will take the helm of this world. Likely by force. Will you be in it to see me mother this girl who isn't me but is me?

I know this letter won't reach you, you have no address, you have no name, you have no daughter to send you this letter. I don't know what sparked me to even write this. Maybe, maybe I just needed to hear myself say it as i wrote it down to know I can't face you again. I am sorry mother, please ask father to forgive me for I have and will sin again"

Rexia pulls a lighter from Chelsea's pocket and sets the letter ablaze. "Whatever, like a girl from the garbage could afford to feel." Rexia said throwing the burning letter into the metal garbage can next to Chelsea's desk at the villa. " back to work" Rexia said picking up the clip board and walking away
[+] Spoiler
Dante Rewards
Member Name:
Dante
Character Name:
Rexia Snow
Standard Reward
Content Bonus
Excellent 45%
.9 SP, 225,000 Jenni
Effort Bonus
Great 15%
.3 SP, 75,000 Jenni
Total Rewards:
3SP, 800,000 Jenni, 8 RP
Comments
Intriguing! I love the ominous feeling and religious tones here. So many questions come up while reading this, and I'm looking forward to learning the answers as Rexia unfolds. The final comments she made after writing the letter were so great. Thank you for participating!

April 8th, 2018, 8:22 am #10

From his right, an older gentleman smiling as he watched the kids play around the fountain and to his left a couple fighting about something or other. Kurtz noticed the man who'd been yelling at his partner, a woman at least two feet taller than him, had begun to ball his fists in what looked like anger. Kurtz could feel a single drop of sweat beading down the side of his face and we beginning to get nervous. Was this guy going to hit her? She was way larger and more intimidating though...He closed his eyes and took a deep breath. As soon as they opened, the woman and her tiny man were kissing intensely as if nothing had happened. Kurtz let out a deep breath and felt VERY stupid. It wasn't even any of his business anyways. She could have taken him if it came to blows, for sure. He turned his head from it's not so subtle position watching the people sitting in the cafe around him and focused again on the paper before him. He began to write.
[+] Spoiler

Firstly, as always, i'm fine.

I'm still travelling and training and i'm sure you've done your research on the topic since I have been gone. I still want to be a professional hunter. It is dangerous and it is extremely competitive but it will eventually pay off for all of us...both figuratively and literally. You are adept at finding things like this out so I won't go into detail as to why and how it will pay off for us but please give me the benefit of the doubt. I already told you about J. Kuma and the list, I even sent you a transcript of it as he said it, there IS something real about all this. It's not some whim I have been following for a year.

I did get into a few fights and it was rather terrifying at times i'll admit...but I have visited three continents now and more places that are wildly different from home than I can count. I've learned quite a but about people and I have gained confidence. It's the big thing I was lacking remember? You and my father told me enough only a year ago. I'm not going to become a musician or a scholar but in the end something better. See? My words in action. I have gained some confidence.

I'm writing to you in the form of a letter because I know if we talked on the phone as usual, my words wouldn't hold as much weight and I wouldn't say what I really mean. I'm in the Esanian Continent at the city at the base of the Heaven's Arena you see on tv; at an outdoor cafe. No, I'm not going to enter the arena but it does sound interesting for a bit of extra money for a professional hunter, huh? (This is where Kurtz would laugh when his mother gasped in alarm)

This town reminds me of home in some certain ways that I can't seem to shake off. It reminds me of the week when father was working and you and I went to a different restaurant we'd never been to every day that week. I've found myself rather nostalgic when I eat at some of these places for that week in particular. It was when you told me it was alright for me to take some time to decide what I was going to do. I...want to do that again when I become a hunter and this time, i'll treat you. Dessert included.

I love you and I don't want to disappoint you. I will come home and see you sometime sooner rather than later. I promise. Several lines in the letter are skipped and the writing begins again on a fresh line. (This is the part I can't easily tell you on the phone because we both know how it would go. I'm sorry I can't say it easily to you in person but I mean it. Thank you for everything.)

Happy Mother's day,

- Nero

Kurtz folded the letter and surprisingly found himself smiling. He missed his parents? Who knew? He sealed the letter into a simple envelope and in his clear handwriting wrote 'MOTHER' in all capital letters next to the destination address. She'd know it was from him in an instant, she'd trained in identifying handwriting after all. He took in a deep breath and slid the letter into a nearby mailbox then heaved his bag, baseball bat attached and all, and carried on.
[+] Spoiler
Wanderer Rewards
Member Name:
Wanderer
Character Name:
Kurtz 'Nero' Radel
Standard Reward
Content Bonus
Good 15%
.3 SP, 75,000 Jenni
Effort Bonus
Laudable 20%
.4 SP, 100,000 Jenni
Total Rewards:
3SP, 675,000 Jenni, 8 RP
Comments
Intriguing! J. Kuma and the list?!
MORE PLEASE. So cool and mysterious! Another enjoyable aspect was Nero's personality shining through in his words and topics. This event is a unique way of seeing characters for the first time. Thank you for putting so much effort into your posts here.