April 8th, 2018, 10:18 pm #11

[+] Spoiler

Hey mother writing this to inform you i will be a day late arriving home incase you want to post pone the annuel family martial arts match and the hunt

*theres then a bunch of scratched out parts as it seems she had a hard time figuring out what to say before continuing *

Hope the brat isn’t causing to much trouble, no idea why you aren’t harder on him he will never grow up to be a proper killer at this rate and will end up getting caught.

*She then goes on to talk about new possible poisons and contracts it then goes on to talk about the early days of her training *

i know you tought me that emotions are a weakness that cloud your judgement and beginning to see what you mean
*before more scribbled out parts that vaguely make outnthe words* ill spare you the usual sentimental dribble * before talking more about buisness stuff you get the feeling the mom is stuff the please and the next part is to placate her more.

[+] Spoiler
Yumi begins writing as teardrops stain the page as this is a emotional topic about another thing she doesn’t have.
“Dear mom i hope your well i wish i could meet you it would be nice to have someone to comfort me when im sad and teach me what i should and shouldn’t do as well as help me learn new skills as well as feed and clothe me
I wonder what you would look like i bet your super pretty and nice looking.

I hope i can eventually make you proud but seems ill never get that chance still its nice to be aboe to dream till then ill just have to get buy without you and make sure i get everything ill ever need so you never have to give it to me maybe even help some others who have no mom get by and we can take care of each other

Then one day if im ever a mom i can make sure to give everything to my kids so they never have to wonder what its like to be without a mom
[+] Spoiler
Kaitos10 Rewards
Member Name:
Kaitos10
Character Name:
Zetsa izayoi
Standard Reward
2 SP, 500,000 Jenni, 5 RP
Content Bonus
Good 15%
.3 SP, 75,000 Jenni
Effort Bonus
Good 5%
.1 SP, 25,000 Jenni
:ok:
Total Rewards:
2SP, 600,000 Jenni, 5 RP
Comments
Intriguing! This is bit short and although a word count minimum wasn't mentioned, I still feel compelled to comment on lack of effort. The vague descriptions of the content in Zetsa's letter was in interesting angle and it worked for the most part, but it also came across as lazy. In the future, be bold with your creative choices! I like 'em and want to see more. My favorite part was Zetsa's suggestion to post-pone the family's martial arts match and hunt. It was perfect.
[+] Spoiler
Kaitos10 Rewards
Member Name:
Kaitos10
Character Name:
Yumi
Standard Reward
Content Bonus
Good 15%
.3 SP, 75,000 Jenni
Effort Bonus
Good 5%
.1 SP, 25,000 Jenni
Total Rewards:
2SP, 600,000 Jenni, 5 RP
Comments
I wasn't expecting such strong emotions from Yumi concerning her mother. I'd like to see more of this part of her in normal threads as well, since it lends her a huge sense of humanity and legitimacy. I also found her desire at the end to have children, and to make sure none of them knew what it was like without a mother, an interesting goal for her to have in the far future.

April 9th, 2018, 8:45 am #12

Septimus found himself sitting at his desk with some free time, after a lovely evening out with his new compatriot doing quite the awful things. To some who probably deserved it, so what better thing to write home about. It had been some time you see, since he had written his family. What better time than The night after quite the activities they would Absolutely Oppose with every fiber of their being. But... you know in a very, Covered my own ass sort of way so he doesn't have to listen to Uncle Phil ramble on about it at Christmas dinner.
[+] Spoiler
" Dearest lady of the Homestead of my upbringing, I am writing today to tell you that i have been well. I apologize that it has been some time since i have written you, My life has been quite busy you see. I have found work that is not only rewarding but fun, I have met a woman whom Has similar interests as myself. Not bad looking to boot, Possibly if it were to your liking I could have her meet you sometime that you might approve of her and i could Marry her in a church of your liking so that we can live an appropriate life together. We have Joined the pursuit of cleaning the world up one criminal at a time. I understand you might not like that so much as it can be dangerous, However i feel it is a mission delegated to me by god himself. Of that i am sure you approve. Doling out justice, being the very hands and instrumentation Of the big man upstairs. Just like you would have wanted for me"
"Ahh yes, doctored up just perfectly. Sounds much better when put that way." Septimus said with his signature grin seething with evil intention. He of course was talking about ransacking the mafia headquarters with his new Companion Rexia though of whom he knew as Chelsea. And had no intention of going through the religious motions if they were to be consumate much less introduce her to his family. no need for such pleasantries. and For pure revenge for double booking an assassination of course.
[+] Spoiler
Draven Eclipse Rewards
Member Name:
Draven Eclipse
Character Name:
Septimus Vakarian
Standard Reward
Content Bonus
Excellent 45%
.9 SP, 225,000 Jenni
Effort Bonus
Great 15%
.3 SP, 75,000 Jenni
:Neon:
Total Rewards:
3SP, 800,000 Jenni, 8 RP
Comments
I love how sinister this is. Even though it was embellished to the nth degree, Septimus’s words still reeked of manipulation and evil in general. This is a thrilling introduction to your character and I can’t wait to become better acquainted with him.

April 9th, 2018, 12:41 pm #13

[+] Spoiler

Lately, Geanna has been reading articles online on how to move forward. This came about from the decision she made after talking with Luca. She purchased her own home with the help of her friend, Spike, as a symbol of her taking new roots in her life. Now she needed to sever the negative ties she had with her past. One article suggested that the only way to move on is to forgive yourself and whoever hurt you in the past. Because of this, she decided to write a letter.

It was a balmy afternoon in York Shin City. Lightly dressed in a white cartoon cat sweater and jeans, Geanna took a seat at a picnic table near the playground in Riverside Park, a small park a few blocks away from her new apartment. She took out her pink laptop and turned it on. She looked at the children and parents that played in the playground as her machine booted up. She smiled at the scene that reminded her of her own childhood in Zaban City. The opening chime sounded from her machine and she turned her attention to the screen. She double clicked on the word processing software and began.

Dear Mother,

I thank you for taking care of me as a child. I thank you for all the encouragement you gave me. I thank you for telling me to be who I am regardless that I was not as good as Rion or Yana. I thank you for the hugs, kisses, and laughter. I thank you for the wonderful Christmases and birthdays. For taking time to go to my school visits and patting me on the head when I got good grades. But most of all, I thank you for sharing the gift that is your family. I thank you for sharing with us our unique heritage. I thank you that I got to meet my loving grand mother and my awesome sister. I miss them every day.

Here, tears began to form in her eyes but she wiped them away. Clearing her throat, she continued.

I also thank you that you cared enough to stop me from going after Yana. And for consoling me when Rion died even though you must have been hurting yourself.

And here she paused again, floodgates wanted to burst open but she held it tightly shut afraid of the havoc it would cause on her soul. She once again wiped away tears and took a moment to calm herself down. Securing shut her emotions, she did not know what to add. She lightly tapped on the table to help her mind think.

I thank you for giving birth to me. was the only thing she thought of adding for there were only two emotions that prevailed in her heart. One of sadness and one that made her write:

But I hate you.

She could feel her ire surge forth as the vision of that long-hated moment relived itself in her mind-- of her mother in the arms of her uncle.

Its been years but the same question still spirals in my head. Why? Why did you betray father? You always said he was the love of your life. So why? Why? Why? And WHY WITH UNCLE? He has always been jealous of father and is a very nasty man. So why? You yourself said that you did not like him so why? Why? Why?

The same question came popping in her head.

No matter how much I think about it, I still do not understand.

Then she stopped typing. She did not know what else to say. All she ever wanted was an answer to that one three-letter question.

She closed the lid of her laptop and thought, “Why am I doing this?” It was not as if she was going to send the letter to her mother. She didn’t want to. She had too much pride and she loved her father too dearly to ever betray him by taking her mother’s side. So why was she writing this?

“Because you need to move forward.” Was the response her mind came up with. Maybe not now but she needed to start somehow. She needed to forgive her mother so that she could forgive herself for not being there when her father died.

She opened up the lid of her laptop and continued.

I forgive you.

She paused again and added.

I forgive you for betraying the memory of my father. I do not understand why but someday I might. I forgive you because you are my mother. Simply that.

And that was a revelation to her. And with that, her chest became lighter. She saved her work, turned off her computer, and walked back to her apartment to get started on dinner.

[+] Spoiler
Margae Rewards
Member Name:
Margrae
Character Name:
Geanna Gale
Standard Reward
Content Bonus
Incredible 75%
1.5 SP, 375,000 Jenni
Effort Bonus
Extensive 25%
.5 SP, 125,000 Jenni
:love:
Total Rewards:
4 SP, 1,000,000 Jenni, 11 RP
Comments
What a terrific opening. It really set the readers up for Geanna’s letter nicely. Even still, I wasn’t prepared for such an honest, provocative, and moving piece. That was fucking powerful. Well done.

April 9th, 2018, 1:16 pm #14

[+] Spoiler

Akong Inay,

Kamusta ka na? Indi ka magkabalaka sa imo nga bata. Ayos lang ako. Ga kaon man ako sang husto kag wala ko gina kalimtan maligo. Na dumduman mo sang gamay pa ako, indi guid ako ka uyon maligo. Baw grabe man balbal mo sa akon pero ga pasalamat guid ako sang imo pag disiplina sa akon maski halos wala ka na tiyempo para sa imo lawas kay ka damo sa amon nga magulutod. Ga pasalamat guid ako nga gin palangga mo ako kag wala mo ako gin pabay-an.

Nay, wala pa ko gyapon ka pasar sa Hunter Exam pero lapit na lang Nay ah. Palihog pangadii ako nga tani maka pasar na guid man ako kag indi ako magpatamadtamad.

Hay Nay, damo gd ako gusto isugid sa imo. Kaso basi indi mo man lang ma intindihan. Basta tani bugal mo man ako nga damo na nabal-an imo bata kag damo na kilala. Damo na man akon na kadtuan nga lugar kag kung pwede lang tani, gusto ko guid kamo ipamasyar didto. Bay-I da, Nay. Kung maka kwarta na guid man ako, balikan ko guid mga utod ko kag indi buligan ko man sila mag asenso. Palangga taka nay. Tani na lipay ka dira sa langit upod sa mga santos kag sa aton nga mahal nga diyos.

Imo nga pinalangga nga bata,

Icay
[+] Spoiler

My Mother,

How are you? Do not worry about your child. I am fine. I eat well and I do not forget to take a bath. Do you still remember when I was young, I hated taking a bath. How you spanked me but I thank you that you really disciplined me even though you barely had time for yourself because of how many siblings we are. I am really grateful that you loved me and you did not leave me alone.

Mother, I have yet to pass the Hunter Exam but I am sure soon I will. Please pray for me that I will pass and that I will not be lazy.

Oh Mother, I have so much that I want to share with you but sadly you might just not understand. I just hope you are proud of me that I now know so much and have met many people. I have traveled many places and if only I could, I really want to bring you guys there. Don’t worry, Mother. Someday when I have a lot of money, I will come back for my siblings and I will help them prosper. I love you, Mother. I hope you are happy there in heaven with all the saints and with our beloved Lord.

Your beloved daughter,
Icay
[+] Spoiler
Margae Rewards
Member Name:
Margrae
Character Name:
Jake
Standard Reward
Content Bonus
Good 15%
.3 SP, 75,000 Jenni
Effort Bonus
Notable 10%
.2 SP, 50,000 Jenni
:Neon:
Total Rewards:
3 SP, 625,000 Jenni, 7 RP
Comments
It felt like a younger person wrote this letter then what Jake’s profile states. Also, from the little I know of Jake, it sounded like a different personality as well. What really threw me off was the name Icay. All of these things make me hesitate to reward it, because I worry that I’m not fully informed enough to best appreciate your efforts. Please talk to me about this letter sometime.

April 9th, 2018, 2:04 pm #15

[+] Spoiler
The man named the Butcher of Crows squinted his eyes against the glare of the candlelight, straightening up his hair into a ponytail. The puff of his cigarette smoke brushed against the dark grey walls, reflecting the light of his lamp like moving tendrils. The Butcher's desk was messy & unkempt, in contrary to his neat tuxedo. Documents with photos of people with signatures ranging from what it seemed like scribblish to him, to those that are signed in neat caligraphy. Letting out a frown, the man crossed out one of the photo with red ink.

"I've failed highschool, so how do I write 'Yours Truly, Mother'?" He took a half-finished paper, written in a sinuous handwriting along with words that are cancelled away.

He dragged his rusty chair, turning around to see a strange red scarecrow, of knives and blades jabbed all over the limbs. Just that a regular scarecrow wouldn't be tied down on a chair, and letting out silent gasps of fear upon the sight of his enemy.

"My bad, I almost forgot I've cut off your tongue just now," The man in dark suit has a tall but young appearance, bright gray eyes that is slightly covered by the few strands of his ponytail. His skin is paler, except for the few scars on his hand. The 17 year old Rammus spoke as naturally as if was eating dinner, barely blinking an eye upon the sight of the severed fingers.

"Your business of 'free candies' to childrens doesn't sound so bad," Rammus let out a chuckle on his smooth innocent-looking face. "You know, Mother's day is round the corner."

'Dear Mouom,

I don't remember you, but grandpa's been taking care of me well. I've found a decent job lately, got me a good amount of money. I've just been doing a bit of volunteer work, which is a bit of tough sometimes, but I've managed to get the hang of it. I'm doing well,
Yours Turtly,

Rammus Et Valere'

"Send this to my mom once you reach the afterlife," Rammus splashed a bottle of kerosene on the Scarecrow, chucking the candle on him as he burned the person alive. He threw that letter on that burning fire, packing up as he left the abandoned building.
EDIT: Removed the WIP after grammar checking ~

April 11th, 2018, 3:15 am #16

[+] Spoiler
Scritch. Scratch. Scritch.

With each new character that Detsu etched, she realized that the sound of her pen resonated out within the silence of her dark apartment; the bright streams of moonlight─ that spilled in through the windows─ the only light source the young woman worked along with as she attempted to write out her emotions onto the the piece of parchment beneath her fingertips. After another few seconds or so, the piece of paper suddenly found itself the victim of extreme frustration, and was thoroughly squished into a ball before it was thrown off to the side where it joined it's fellow rejected, and also equally squashed, brothers and sisters.

"Aagh! Why is this so hard?" Detsu whined, despite knowing there'd be no answers offered toward her inquiry, other than the rhythmic tick of the clock on her wall; which─ was currently─ her only coping mechanism for the stress she was feeling. It took a minute or two for the redhead to reign in her frustration, opting to release the bundle of emotions with an indignant huff of air that sent her bangs flying upwards. With a pitiful excuse of a scowl situated across her lips, she rolled her stiff shoulders back and then re-situated herself into a sitting position against the headboard of her bed.

April 12th, 2018, 3:16 am #17

[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler
A stained letter still smelling of whiskey sits in a battered envelope. Large stains blur the handwriting, making large sections of the letter illegible. Despite the crass tone taken in the writing itself, the handwriting itself is tidy and tight.
Dear Mother,

Happy mum’s day ya bitch! Hope you finally got the sense to leave that fat fuck nut of a husband of yours. Best thing he ever did was not spill my onto your stomach. Mom’s are supposed to take care of their kids, how the fuck did you let him kick me around like that? Why didn’t you even try to stop such a big man’s man from throwing a boy around the room? Once I left was he angry? Did he turn on you? When the skinny boy left, did he take his anger out on the woman who loved him?

It’s been more than a long time since I have been home, and I’m glad for it. I c-
old man and Kendra are both de
here. Gods know both of those
arked grave in the sea, and just the same both of them are too stubborn
g of the sort. I hope every night I’m not there, you’re the
instead.

Maybe, just maybe, it were *smeared ink* as it? Maybe you were just a girl, too young to be a mother in the first place, pressured into your pos *smeared ink* u were promised for the honor of your family. All along just trying to get by in a world that seemed to work against you since you were small. Too large and overwhelming to do anything, for each time you picked yourself up, the sea battered you back to your village once again. Well, guess what coward? There ain’t a place for cowards like you out in the big world. You’ll never see the sun from under that fat fucks wing. And the older you get, the more wrinkles your poon pulls, the less anyone will give a shit about you. Before you die the old man will replace you, by someone better looking and with wider, child baring hips.

Hope you die alone.

-Luca

[+] Spoiler
*A stained letter still smelling of whiskey sits in a battered envelope. Large stains blur the handwriting, making large sections of the letter illegible. Despite the crass tone taken in the writing itself, the handwriting itself is tidy and tight.*

Dear Mother,

Happy mum’s day ya bitch! Hope you finally got the sense to leave that fat fuck nut of a husband of yours. Best thing he ever did was not spill my onto your stomach. Mom’s are supposed to take care of their kids, how the fuck did you let him kick me around like that? Why didn’t you even try to stop such a big man’s man from throwing a boy around the room? Once I left was he angry? Did he turn on you? When the skinny boy left, did he take his anger out on the woman who loved him?

It’s been more than a long time since I have been home, and I’m glad fo||r it. I can only hope the ||old man and Kendra are both dead on a boarding ship somew||here. Gods know both of those ||fucks deserve an unma||rked grave in the sea, and just the same both of them are too stubborn ||and hellborn to do anythin||g of the sort. I hope every night I’m not there to take it, you’re the ||one they tak||e it out on instead.||

Maybe, just maybe, it were||n’t all your fault, w||as it? Maybe you were just a girl, too young to be a mother in the first place, pressured into your pos||ition by an older man who yo||u were promised for the honor of your family. All along just trying to get by in a world that seemed to work against you since you were small. Too large and overwhelming to do anything, for each time you picked yourself up, the sea battered you back to your village once again. Well, guess what coward? There ain’t a place for cowards like you out in the big world. You’ll never see the sun from under that fat fucks wing. And the older you get, the more wrinkles your poon pulls, the less anyone will give a shit about you. Before you die the old man will replace you, by someone better looking and with wider, child baring hips.

Hope you die alone.

-Luca
[+] Spoiler
Westborn Rewards
Member Name:
Westborn
Character Name:
Luca Adamaris
Standard Reward
Content Bonus
Excellent 45%
.9 SP, 225,000 Jenni
Effort Bonus
Great15%
.3 SP, 75,000 Jenni
Total Rewards:
3 SP, 800,000 Jenni, 7 RP
Comments
What a terrific opening. It really set the readers up for Geanna’s letter nicely. Even still, I wasn’t prepared for such an honest, provocative, and moving piece. That was fucking powerful. Well done.

April 13th, 2018, 3:47 am #18

[+] Spoiler
Mom.

Are you alive somewhere? I think you are because I can feel you when I look at water. Or when I hear it. It’s me Motto by the way. I miss you pretty bad. Did you love me? When I was born or whatever? I’m not sure how a mother could ever give her kid away but maybe you had a good reason. Dad didn’t. I don’t even call him dad. I’m worried that you’re like him. That you just didn’t want me. You know? Which kinda hurts because I was just a little baby. You didn’t get to hang out with me and do all of the stuff. I see pictures of it. In magazines and whatever. Mothers and kids. I never got it. In case you think “Oh maybe Motto was taken care of by his aunt and whatever” I wasn’t, Mom.

She didn’t love me and she let me know it a lot. She drank a lot and smacked me around. She hated noise and dirt and everything cool.

I kinda got messed up without you. Like, I really needed hugs and stuff. I know because I got into some trouble with a bunch of mermaids. Mom, I’m not ok. I try to be strong and cool, but I’m real lonely and I feel weird. Like no one wants me because I suck. Did I? Was I a .. bad baby or something? Was I too loud or dirty?

It’s hard, you know? Just being me and stuff. Like, sheesh. Why? You know? Hey Mom, just so you know I would still like to meet you and do stuff. Hugging and everything haha. I’m not mad. I just want you. I always will. I don’t care if you’re loud or dirty or whatever.

Love, Motto
[+] Spoiler
Congrats, Mother. Bitch. I think that’s what I’ll call you, ‘Mother Bitch’. It has a nice rounded-out sound to it. Anyway, wow you fucking idiot. You did everything in the name of holiness and successfully created a demon. What really bothers me is the fact that you’ll never see it. You’re so far gone, that you will never actually own reality. I mean, it might happen? But you’d probably have a seizure or something and die shortly after, or slip into a coma where no one can be sure of your suffering. You’ll burn eternally I guess, but it’s honestly not good enough.

I’m getting off track.

So you failed. And I’m jotting it down for fun. You fucking failed. Stupid bitch, stupid silly Mother Bitch oh how you epically failed. You wanted to break me but you made me stronger. You wanted an obedient little girl and now look! FUCKING LOOK. I’m powerful, invincible, and I do as I please. I hurt people for fun. You did it because you couldn’t fucking function. I do it because it amuses me. I can be nice to people too, Mother Bitch. Sometimes I am. The other day I took pity on a full grown man and pet him for two hours. I might even do it again. I’m also an accomplished baker, by the way. I actually miss the things you used to make, but I suppose all children miss something little.

Anyway, I win and you lose. I hate you and I would kill you myself except it’s too much of a privilege for you to die by my hand. I’ll wait, thank you very much. You can choke on a diet soda, or get caught in an escalator, or something random and mundane. Something not special. Something gross. Ha, I don’t even fucking care. You’re already dead as far as I’m concerned.

Dorn
[+] Spoiler
I know you’re dead but I wish you were alive because I’m in trouble. You would be so worried about me, and I wish it was enough to make it stop. Mother, I’m bad. I always was, and I know ya loved me anyway but you’re dead so I’m alone. Makes it easier I guess. Why’d they kill ya? Were you like me? I NEVER THOUGHT TO ASK! But then again, it was kinda..intense and I was just a baby. I can’t remember if I saw you! Ahh, dammit I wish I knew now. Because if they killed ya because of wings..if you had wings or somethin’… that’d really piss me off.

But I’m mad anyway.

I’m mad at them, Mother. I’ve always been alone and they throw rocks at me. Haru was nice.. he even called me his brother. I cried. Nerissa told me that I was a majyuu..so it was ok and cool that I wasn’t a human. But they’re gone now. I’m alone and they all keep going about their important, fancy lives and I’m mad. I’m mad that ya died. All I need is you and I can’t have ya and I’m mad. I’m going to get real strong, and punish them all. They think I’m a black angel and maybe they’re right. I don’t care if you say I’m not, Mother. You’re not here, so I’m just gonna punish them anyway.

Maybe they killed ya. And you were a pregnant lady. That’s pretty evil stuff don’t ya think? I bet you were real pretty too. And nice. I bet you would have held me a lot and played with me and read me stories and you would have given me good food. We could have snuggled together when it rained. We could have laughed. But they killed ya. I tried to follow your spirit, but I was just a baby.

You know somethin’ sad? It was crows picking away at ya. Crows. And now I’m stuck with wings like theirs. Like I’m a crow. And maybe.. I’m bad too, like them. I would never pick at a pretty dead pregnant lady though. I’ll punish them all, Mother.

Except the Mothers. They get to live.
[+] Spoiler
Reward Table (Copy Paste for Each Character)
Member Name:
Gon.Pro.Hunter
Character Name:
Motto Brook
Standard Reward
2 SP, 5 RP, 500,000 Jenni
Content Bonus
Great Content (30%)
0.6 SP, 1.5 RP, 150,000 Jenni
Effort Bonus
Great Effort (15%)
0.3 SP, 0.75 RP, 75,000 Jenni
Total Rewards: 3 SP, 7 RP, 725,000 Jenni
--IC Notes--
--Comments to the Roleplayer--
It's always a bit of a shock just how insecure Motto is given his outward persona. Yet, he still remains the same, simple and honest to a fault. He doesn't hold a grudge, and he's plagued by many insecurities that real people experience.
[+] Spoiler
Member Name:
Gon.Pro.Hunter
Character Name:
Dorn
Standard Reward
Content Bonus
Great Content (30%)
0.6 SP, 1.5 RP, 150,000 Jenni
Effort Bonus
Great Effort (15%)
Total Rewards: 3 SP, 7 RP, 725,000 Jenni
--IC Notes--
It's actually quite humorous that Dorn feels that she's "won" against her old foster mom. Talk about holding a long grudge. Then again, that's basically who she is. Classically, it's difficult to discern her true feelings, because...they aren't present here. This is basically the facade that she keeps up (as far as I understand?) in public. I have no doubt she hates her old mom, but screaming profanity and insults, and threats is just her way to cope, and it really comes off here just how damaged she really is. So I guess in the end, her mom really did win.
[+] Spoiler
Member Name:
Gon.Pro.Hunter
Character Name:
Go
Standard Reward
Content Bonus
Excellent Content (45%)
0.9 SP, 2.25 RP, 225,000 Jenni
Effort Bonus
Great Effort (15%)
Total Rewards: 3 SP, 8 RP, 800,000 Jenni
--IC Notes--
Woah. That's really creepy. It really gives off the impression of a child who's just old enough to be dangerous, but way too young to really understand. Totally different from Dorn, who most definitely understands what she's doing, and revels in it. Whereas Go is misguided x 10000. He officially creeps me out now, good job!

April 14th, 2018, 12:21 am #19

[+] Spoiler
Dear Mother,

I have never met you before, but for simplicity's sake I assume you've already inferred my identity(second letter of the letter). Though, I am still not sure if you know my name, so let me formally introduce myself to you.

My name is Lucille. No last name.

I am 10 years old and I enjoy reading books. I live in an orphanage in Chance Town(I presume you already know this, but I will state it once more just in case). Generally speaking I am doing rather well.

Now, you may be wondering why I'm writing you this letter in the first place. I do not know if you are still in existence, nor do I recall you in any way or form. So what led me to decide that it'll be a good idea to create this message? What led me to create something that will ultimately be for naught? Well, in celebration of Mother's Day!

Which, brings us to the main subject, you. Let us talk about you. As you may have guessed I have many a great deal of questions for you, but for the sake of simplicity, let us keep it as such. Three questions. If you'll do me the favor of answering three questions. I know it is rude to inquire personal information from a stranger, however I do not believe the relationship between us to be merely that of strangers. Then again I do not believe we are well acquainted either... Well, in that case let me answer three questions as well. Ask me any three questions that you may have for me and I will answer it.

But I suppose you are only able to ask me such questions in the form of a letter... In the mean time I suppose it'll be time conserving to ask my own three questions, and they are as follows:

1. What is your name?

2. Which hospital was I born in?

3. Have you been eating well?

These questions may seem highly irrelevant, but I assure you the answers will most definitely put my heart at peace.

Finally this letter must come to an end. Mother, I wish I have more to say to you. There are so much I would love to learn about you, but unfortunately my mind is simply at a loss of words. I do not know how I might further this metaphorical and one sided conversation, thus I must bid you farewell.

Good day and good night.

Yours truly,

Lucille
[+] Spoiler
The main reason Lucille would spend time to write this, is because the teacher gave him such an assignment. Otherwise, it does go against his past personality. Also, as you can see, he wrote this when he was 10.
[+] Spoiler
Hermes Rewards
Member Name:
Hermes
Character Name:
Lucille
Standard Reward
Content Bonus
Good 15%
.3 SP, 75,000 Jenni
Effort Bonus
Great15%
.3 SP, 75,000 Jenni
:no1:
Total Rewards:
3 SP, 650,000 Jenni, 7 RP
Comments
This letter’s premise was good, and it’s tone was a interesting
combination of saucy and vulnerable. A cool read.

April 15th, 2018, 11:01 am #20

[+] Spoiler
Dear Mommy,

You’ll probably recognize my writing. It’s exactly like it was when I was ten, isn’t it? Mainly because I can’t see a thing I’m writing. I’m blind now.

It kind of sucks, especially after I put so much heart into my painting. Don’t worry though. I’m being taken care of. Notice how you can feel the lines on the page under your fingers? I didn’t even know that such paper existed, but someone bought it for me. It helps.

That person is frighteningly competent. And sometimes they’re just frightening.

I wonder if you’d care, though. I remember that back on the ship you would shout at me when I messed up. It scared me. Dad told you not to do it. He would instead explain things calmly, but I guess you were used to being listened in a certain way by the crew. I guess it’s difficult for a child to accept their parents as fallible. I guess it’s even more difficult to accept that sometimes they differ in ways that aren’t necessarily good or bad, but which push them apart nevertheless.

Would you despise me, mom? You always strived to be the best at what you’re doing, but I was just content being a vagabond travelling from place to place. You smoked and drunk and gambled and enjoyed the affections of people of both sexes, while I’m content with friendship and boardgames and sweets. Speaking of your love life (as uncomfortable for me as it is for you, I assure you), sometimes I wonder if Dad is actually my dad. Do you even know? You must’ve loved him. Would you love me now, when I’ve changed so much from the boisterous little know-it-all that you knew?

I won’t ask that of you. I, too, find it difficult to love someone who is practically a stranger.

Unlike you, I’m bad at fighting. I’ve killed people who shouldn’t have died and I’ve rescued people who shouldn’t have lived. I’m weak and use fancy words like ‘fallible’ and twirly sentence structures, and I can just imagine you snorting dismissively at that. But in that case ya know what, ya crazy wench? It’s your fault. You abandoned me.

Perhaps you made the right choice.

Remember when we went to see Hon-Cho’s public hanging? You were holding my hand, and your hand was scarred from a gun that had malfunctioned a few days before. You told me, ‘she stole lil’ girls just like you, and sold ‘em to bad people’. She was a pirate, but one so cruel that her own crew handed her over. What I didn’t connect at the time was that she was also Ching Shih’s daughter. Widow Ching, the pirate queen of thousands of ships. Widow Ching had just retired a few years prior, and Hon-Cho was left to lead a mere fragment of her mother’s pirate army. Do you think her cruelty could have at least in part been explained by trying to escape her mother’s shadow?

Would I have been different if I stayed, I wonder.

Perhaps I’ve said too much. In your and dad’s area of work, many things can be used against you. But with you being a legend of the seas, I don’t even know if you’re alive. I don’t expect all of my family-crew to still be, because it’s a dangerous occupation after all. But if you are, please tell dad and yourself and everyone else that I care about them, and I apologize to Mr Sharpe for trying to catch his parrot.

And if you’re not, well, my letter will follow you down to Davy Jones’ locker. YOU CAN’T ESCAPE.

Don’t sink the boat.

Fair winds and a following sea,

Lil’ Inkblot

PS: Sorry if I was a bit of a downer. I wish I could tell you more about my friends, like my mentor who’s so strong he’s practically made of stone, or the boy who gave me a sweet roll when I was feeling down, or the detective who keeps following me around (not my boyfriend). But, you know, safety…
Letting the tides take away her message in a bottle to the ocean blue, the blind girl fought the currents to make her way back to the shore.
[+] Spoiler
Reward Table
Member Name:SuzuriCharacter Name:Suzuri RinrinStandard Reward2 SP, 5 RP, Jenni 500,000
Content Bonus+45%Effort Bonus+15%Event BonusN.A.
Mission Bonus:N.A.Arc Bonus: N.A.Mentorship Bonus: N.A.
Total Rewards:SP 3, RP 8, Jenni:800,000
--Comments--
[/b][/center] An interesting read for sure. I really love the opening where she states that she has become blind. In fact I love most of this letter for the same reason. It all feels very real, very natural. She references her hand writing as a ten year old, something her mother obviously would know about.And whenever she brings up something to tell her about, inserts comments to her mother that give this a lot of personality. WIthout even knowing anything about her mother prior to this letter, I already feel as if I know a bit about her, and also more about Suzuri. Her wonders and struggles are well handled and well done. Nice job!