[+] F a ç a d e [+]

York Shin City is known to hold one of the biggest auctions of the world. It is the place where the most important assembling of money of the planet takes place.

Moderator: Game Moderator

September 6th, 2017, 10:45 pm #71

A few minutes passed by and Ylva was wondering if she had followed the directions wrong. Would they be rejected because she didn’t follow the right sequence of steps? These thoughts continued to plague her while not realizing the door had opened while she was staring off in her own little world of worry.

“Honey, are you just gonna stand there, looking like that?”

Blinking, Ylva turned towards the voice and noticed a woman, with classically curled hair looking at the majyuu with a mild sense of curiosity. Her auburn hair, emerald eyes, and dark lip color gave off a sense of beauty and elegance. Taking a drag from her cigarette through her cigarette stick holder, she let out a puff a smoke and motioned for the wolf to come in.

“…S-Sorry,” Ylva’s voice was barely audible as she quickly made her way into the establishment.

The majyuu was led into a back from the main one, which seemed to parade as a regular travel agency from looks alone. The other room was much more simplistic as two large men guarded the door on the other side. Simple waiting chairs and a desk was the only thing adorning the room while a two doors, on the opposite end of the room; a bathroom and an unmarked door.

“So, little miss, how would like to pay for your trip today?” the woman asked, taking another drag from the stick.

“My driver will be paying for your services,” the wolf said, keeping her tone even and soft as she spoke. The woman nodded and headed towards the unmarked door, but turned around before going through it.

“You should clean up in the bathroom, Honey. We’ll clean up afterwards.”

With that, she was gone.

Alone, Ylva decided where to put Motto down as she went to clean up. The woman was right; she needed to clean herself or she would only cause more distractions and hurdles for them. Laying him on a row of chairs, the she-wolf headed to the bathroom to clean the blood from her body.

But she needed something first, and that something, she hoped, was in the desk.

Looking over the desk, turquoise landed on a pair of scissors and she quickly took them into the bathroom as she washed up. The blood was hard to clean up, having dried to her skin, but it was manageable. The next task, though, was to cut her hair…and she was less inclined to do it. The majyuu loved her hair, always going to lengths to make sure it was okay while she was a Hunter.

But she had to get rid of it if she wanted to make it easier for them to not be tracked.

Closing her eyes tightly, trying not to cry, Ylva used the scissors to cut her hair a little past her chin. She would certainly look like another person with such a drastic change.

Stepping out of the room, Ylva couldn’t help but feel like she was a little lighter with most of her hair gone now. Right as she stepped out, the woman came out of the door she had previously went through. Looking to the wolf, she smirked.

“Such a drastic change, but it will certainly help you get away from whoever you’re running from,” she said with an amused chuckled, “your boat is ready. One of my associated will hold onto your friend while we walk you to the right boat.” The woman motioned for one of the beefy guards to come forward and pick up Motto. The left the room and were led towards a dock with a nice looking boat. Motioning for Ylva to board, the wolf complied and sat down where there was a seat. Motto was placed next to her as she did her best to sit him upright.

Hopefully he’d wake soon.

It was then was she heard footsteps approaching the boat and she quickly looked up to see if it was Spike. It was. A sigh of relief left her as she held her hand to her chest.
“S-Spike! I-I’m glad you’re safe,” she said, her hand waving to him.

September 9th, 2017, 5:31 pm #72

Healing isn’t always predictable. For Motto Brook, it often happened with relative consistency but sometimes he bounced back from injuries. Literally.

Mid-war cry, the spiky-haired Hunter rose up from his seat staggering with his fists up. Swiveling, he let an arm swing back to catch anyone approaching him from behind. But there was just a …boat? Water. Ylva?? Amberish brownish eyes darted to the peer workers and the seagull before glancing at the beefy guards, flashing to the shrimp cocktail, and landing on Ylva. He wasn’t fighting what’s-his-face anymore..and they definitely weren’t on the plane. He’d been screaming had’t he? Motto loosened his stance and even attempted to casually slide his hands pockets when he noticed her hair. YLVA CUT HER HAIR.

“YOU! CUT YOUR HAIR!”

One of the beefy guards cringed at the second sudden outburst. That mental case with the wolfy girl was going overboard if he had any say. The guard’s past flashed through his eyes while he stood half-waiting for the guy to follow up with another outburst. War shit from his soldier days in the small yet elite military nation South Domyn. He could already feel the rash forming on his legs. Damn jungle snakes.

Motto swayed a little and stared. He absolutely hated it.

“Why are we on a boat?” His knees gave way and the Hunter fell into a heap with a massive headache. “How long have I been out? Did he do that to your hair? That…whoever guy? Wait. I thought..you went with him.” Bringing a hand to the back of his head, Motto closed his eyes as a wave of pain threatened to make him barf. “Demyan. Yeah. Him. I saw you do it.”

For a moment he wondered if maybe Ylva had more evil in her than he realized. Maybe she changed. Had he been tricked the whole time? He wasn’t good at tricks. Was this whole thing a trick? Confusion tended to lead to anger with Motto. Suddenly finding himself on a boat with a head injury was fine, but Ylva pretending to want to escape wasn’t cool. She wasn’t pretending though. Another slice of debilitating pain and Motto groaned before losing consciousness a third time.

September 10th, 2017, 3:50 am #73

It was funny, for as much as Spike didn't really like owing Hammond a series of favors, The Women in Red was somewhat worse. He'd become acquainted with her through a friend of a friend, and even they didn't know her real name or an alias to properly address her by. For being the supposed head of a sizable organization, Red seemed to always personally man the smuggling operation from the Travel Agency. The hunter had done for work for her in the past occasionally, and they always took him a continent or two away from his home to complete. She never made it easy.

Still, Spike wore a brilliant smile as he walked into the building, greeted with a similar smile from her and an uncomfortably hungry gaze while looking him over. If he didn't have a rule about mixing business and pleasure, and maybe if she wasn't a crime boss, the hunter would've been flattered by the gesture. He maintained his smile while crossing the room, finally stopping at her desk and kindly turned down an offer to sit.

Spike didn't have to explain he was obviously in a rush, with Red immediately beginning to list off the current rates for her services in a melodious voice after he refused the chair. Sadly, the only reasonable package that'd get them out of the city and left a little spending money left included an owed favor. In the back of his head the hunter had a feeling she'd cooked up this for him specifically after Ylva used his code phrase. Having no other real choice he gladly accepted the offer, only wincing slightly when Red removed a contract and a switchblade from her desk.

Another quirk of Red's was that she was a very old-fashioned crime boss for being so young, with her only method of sealing a deal being with blood from both parties. After filling out the contract for a certified favor at a later time, her and Spike used the knife to prick their digits and add a crimson fingerprint next to their names. With that done all that was left to do was stack fifty million jenny on the woman's desk and exchange a quick kiss goodbye.

"You too!" The hunter called out to Ylva with a wide grin, after he'd exited the building and started down the docks. Her suddenly short hair was a bit of a shock, but not that surprising. With that much blood over her body a lot must've gotten in her mane too, and he doubted Red had enough shampoo and conditioner lying around to handle that particular job. All in all though, he liked it but had a feeling his friend was less enthused to have lost maybe a full life so far worth of growth under these circumstances.

Spike's smile dropped the moment he heard Motto scream out, expecting it to immediately be followed by the sound of skulls being busted. A single punch to the wrong guard could unravel this neat escape route, and Red sure didn't give refunds. The hunter dashed past longshoremen and goons alike speeding towards and eventually up the gangplank, only hoping he wouldn't have to be too rough putting Motto back to bed.

To reach the top right just in time to see his friend collapse back in unconsciousness was a hefty weight off Spike's back. He just had to let out a sigh and shake his head looking at Motto, before turning to walk over to Ylva. "Ok, I got everything handled. We should have a relaxing trip to Jappon without any surprises." The hunter rambled off calmly, while rummaging down into the brown paper with his right hand. "Here, in this bag is twenty million jenny a piece for you and Motto, when he wakes up in a less murderous mood. It's not much, but it should get you started with whatever you guys decide to do next." He continued, pulling out only a few stacks of bills for his own pockets then holding the bag out to her.

The ten million Spike set aside for himself certainly wouldn't last long, not that he'd have trouble finding some lucrative hustle to pay his way if need be.

"I hate to bail on you two, but I figure we split up until I find out more info about that guy and the heat dies down. Speaking of bailing, I'm gonna go find somewhere to sleep." The hunter explained with exhaustion clear on his face, turning again to head for the stairs below deck. He paused at the top of them to turn and wave gently at Ylva one last time for the night, "Sweet dreams".

The corridors were as familiar as they were last time Spike was here, so it was easy enough to find the guest bunk room, and even easier to sloppily collapse into one of the beds. The hunter only took the time to kick off his tennis shoes before closing his heavy lids. It took less than five minutes for thunderous snores to start echoing around in the cavernous room, rivaling the ramping RPMs of the engines as the vessel pulled away from the dock and into open water.

September 20th, 2017, 3:14 am #74

Overall, the three of you are all great, the plot moved smoothly and pacing was nice. None of you hesitated in making things happen, whether be it moving characters to another location or otherwise. I love it when Ylva was like, there's someone at the door, only to be shut down but Motto, nope that's just food. lol.
Reward Table
Member Name:
LittlexWolfxHunter
Character Name:
Ylva Haugen
Standard Reward
8 SP, 20RP, Jenni: 3,000,000
Content Bonus
Exceptional Content: +60%
5 SP, 12RP, Jenni: 1,800,000
Effort Bonus
Extensive Effort: +25%
2 SP, 5 RP, Jenni: 750,000
Event Bonus
N/A
Mission Bonus:
N/A
Arc Bonus:
N/A
Mentorship Bonus
Total Rewards:
15 SP, 37 RP, Jenni: 5,550,000
--IC Notes--
Due to the death of Demyan, efforts to search for and capture Ylva will cease temporarily. However, once the group has the chance to calm themselves and regroup, efforts for revenge against Ylva bought on by Demyan's followers will renew with vengeance, once they establish a new ruling order.
--Comments to the Roleplayer--
Nicely done. Lol. The pacing was great, I can't say too much here otherwise I would be quoting Ylva all the way. It was really impactful reading Ylva's thoughts when she felt hopeless and powerless and even the man who was here to rescue her wouldn't listen to what she has to say. And when Motto approached her with a knife I was like, you go slap that douche, now! I thought he was cool, bad Motto bad! It might have been due to her experience as a victim but might have been an intentional character flaw, but she forgives Motto so easily and wouldn't even fight back when he was hurting her, and it was really sad and even frustrating to see. But from a storytelling perspective, if you can get a rise out of a reader, then you succeeded as a writer lol. Ylva's character developed a bit with the final fight, but she still kinda feels hopeless around people, but that kinda give her a princess vibe. Anyway, the story was well written.
List of Used Consumables:
Reward Table
Member Name:
Gon.Pro.Hunter
Character Name:
Motto Brook
Standard Reward
8 SP, 20RP, Jenni: 3,000,000
Content Bonus
Exceptional Content: +60%
5 SP, 12RP, Jenni: 1,800,000
Effort Bonus
2 SP, 5 RP, Jenni: 750,000
Event Bonus
N/A
Mission Bonus:
N/A
Arc Bonus:
N/A
Mentorship Bonus
Total Rewards:
15 SP, 37 RP, Jenni: 5,550,000
--IC Notes--
Motto Brook has made a name for himself in the trade for purchasing the "asset", but his little ploy to aid the "asset" in escaping didn't go unnoticed either. Motto has better be careful and watches his back from now on, as he has made an enemy out of Demyan's group. There are eyes everywhere and ears behind walls, don't think your little effort to free the "asset" went unnoticed. They have your hunter's license and they know who you are. Resistance is futile and will be met with the proper punishment, the group will ensure that Motto meets an end that is fitting for a rutting garbage that he really is. Hunter? Don't make me laugh.
Motto was really cool in this thread lol. Starting from his entrance, flashing his license at the guard? And when that didn't work he straight up used his aura to pressure the guards to open the gate for him. Very macho. I liked that he tried, very very hard to save Ylva, trying to buy her off was my first thought too, but unlike me, he actually had the conviction to actually do it if he was able to.

Selling his license was a desperate act but one so defining, he didn't waver one bit to let go of the license if it meant saving Ylva, even though he clearly took pride in being a hunter, and the hug was a touching (and romantic) and tendering moment. Very gentlemanly. Although there are times where I thought he had some boundary issues and was being inappropriate, he was still very cool.
Reward Table
Member Name:
Bug in a Bag
Character Name:
Spike Basquiat
Standard Reward
1 SP, 3RP, Jenni: 200,000
Content Bonus
Excellent Content: +45%
1RP, Jenni: 90,000
Effort Bonus
1RP, Jenni: 50,000
Event Bonus
N/A
Mission Bonus:
N/A
Arc Bonus:
N/A
Mentorship Bonus
N/A
Total Rewards:
1 SP, 5RP, Jenni: 340,000
--IC Notes--
The Demyan's group was awared that someone helped the "asset" escaped. But couldn't figure out exactly who was aiding them. But the "travel agency" got getting nervous nevertheless and urged Spike to lay low for a while and wait for the matter to blow over. After all, there are bigger fish in the sea and the Demyan's group couldn't be on lookout for drivers forever.
You tried, I can tell that much. I like the friendly fire part a lot. But joining towards the end means there wasn't much to do anyway, I feel like maybe Spike could have interacted with the other two a little more, but it couldn't be helped since Motto was out cold and Ylva just accomplished something major and was internalizing everything. Maybe next time.