Moderator: Game Moderator

[Completed]Whip it Good

April 22nd, 2017, 2:04 am #1

“I know just the guy.” A boyish grin tugged at the corner of Motto’s mouth as he stared down at the photographs.

An ancient whip of some kind by the look of it. Just the thing for his adventurous buddy Indeyana. Apparently it had been discovered by a dried up riverbed in a remote country. It would be tricky to get to.. the place was kinda off-limits due to the weird government, but Motto didn’t see any harm in trying. It was a reasonable excuse to gain entrance into an unseen world! All he needed to do was get the Archeologist to agree. With Indeyana’s credentials as an artifact expert, Motto thought they might stand a decent chance with the isolationists and the supposedly “cursed treasure”.

Rumor had it that the whip had some kind of special property. Motto figured it was residual nen, but mostly he wanted to check out the wilderness there and maybe even connect with its inhabitants.

“You took these yourself?” He glanced back up at his old shipmate, a strange and boisterous man by the name of Ivan.

“Yep!”

Motto blinked and wondered how Ivan managed to do all of that, not to mention why he hadn’t just taken the whip with him, but said nothing. Ivan had a habit of not answering questions sometimes. No big deal, this way he’d get a chance to see a cool untouched civilization first hand. Digging for his phone, Motto’s features scrunched up as he thought about contacting the Superbian officials. That sort of stuff wasn’t his forte. Heck, the word “forte” wasn’t his forte.

Dialing Indeyana’s number, the Hunter scratched his wild hair absentmindedly and hoped that answers would come to him one way or another.

“Hello Indy? It’s Motto. Good news.”

April 22nd, 2017, 10:40 am #2

Inde was at a fancy party interrogating a man with a relic in the bathroom when indes phone rang it was motto inde said to motto wait then toldthe man he was interrogating stop gaging inde told well will you look at that so What's the good news is it an relic if so tell me so we can go get it because im bored
Then the man screamed for help to then inde said shut up im on the phone with an old friends of mine now do you want the knife up the ass or getting rid of your thing now wheres Pandoras box
The man said it was a toy for my kid inde said shit sorry i thought you had a doomsday in your hands well shit i gotta beet up my imfo guy well forget it my mistake inde knocked the man out and left the party
Inde went on the phone and said sorry you heard that pal so again we are looking for something is it a whip im looking for a whip for protect myself you knows how it is being at the brink of death more times then i can count

April 24th, 2017, 9:51 pm #3

Motto cringed more than once as he listened to the violence on the end of the line. Indeyana was a pretty intense guy.

“Uh.. yeah. It is a whip actually.” Motto blinked a few times. What a lucky guess. Dang. He’d wanted to surprise the archeologist too. “An old one. The locals say it’s cursed, but I think it’s probably just nen or somethin’ like that.” The raven started to pace back and forth excitedly as he spoke, stuffing a hand into his pocket only to pull it out again and gesture wildly.

“It’s in Superbia dude. SUPERBIA! A buddy of mine just got back from there..don’t ask me how he managed it, I have no idea, but anyway Indy! We gotta try for it! You know? Like, go there and stuff! Of course we need to get permission first, but you’re a total scientist kinda guy and I’m …I’m your guide. Yeah. And we’re Hunters. So yeah. Wanna come with me? See an untouched civilization and stuff? Find an enhanced whip and maybe meet some amazing tribes?”

Running a hand through his hair, Motto paused and stared as several ballerinas passed by. Whatever Indeyana’s reply was, he’d need to repeat it several times before Motto heard it.

April 25th, 2017, 3:05 am #4

"Why not' .inde said 'get your things and lets go' ."time to get me a whip' ."dibs by the way'. "that whip is mine' ."hell it might give me nen then i can be like you' ."yes and that girl Thats stocking you must think your so badass' ."well say hi to inde the fighting archeologist' ."oh and also that been stocking you says hi' ."yah she freeks me out' ."she knows where i im at all times' ."oh shit i see her now fuck gotta go' ."where we going to a airport the road what tell me so i can get going i can get going' .inde said that while running from some blind girl named dron and telling her 'no i Don't know what hes favorite color' .

April 28th, 2017, 11:40 pm #5

Motto blinked on his end of the line. How did Indy know he had nen? Especially if he didn’t have it himself.. the archeologist’s next remark caught Motto off guard.

“Girl?” The Hunter pressed his phone harder against his ear. Indeyana was saying a lot of weird stuff and seemed to be talking to someone else again. Something about stalking. Someone was after him?? Or Indy? Or both of them??

“Wait…Indy. Are you in danger? Indy! Indy? Shit.”

Motto looked at his phone and saw that the call had been ended. He wasn’t sure if he should call back or not. The raven paced around anxiously and thought about how he might approach the Superbian officials and get permission. He wasn’t too good at plans and usually did better in the moment. And what about that girl stalking Indy? If she was following him then maybe she’d make problems for their trip to get the whip. The whip trip. Maybe she was just an admirer. Motto sometimes had that happen to him..a group of giggling school girls would tail him every now and then whenever he was in an urban area. Pretty much every time he went out for his morning jog. They were there. Giggling.

Some of them kept up with him fairly well too.

Hopefully whoever was crushing on Indeyana didn’t have the funds for an air ticket. Motto stopped walking back and forth and sent a text:

[Indy]: See you in Boskaira

April 29th, 2017, 11:35 pm #6

Inde ran away and jumped a speeding car after a while inde got off and entered the airport well here we go its time to go and find my ticket. after getting a ticket inde sat on the airplane next to a fatty and a crying baby good times because flims he put the new marchel art flim and got reddy for some fights and relaxed yah here we go jack chan and lee lee fighting a drunken master and a man in a tuxedo this is going to be great better enjoy this while it lasts oh yah and the bad dubing here we go cant wait to see an old friend

May 3rd, 2017, 9:06 pm #7

Motto was grinning from ear to ear at the Boskairian airport when Indy’s flight arrived. He had some great news. And a burger. Four burgers to be exact. Two for himself, and two for the archeologist who saved his life not too long ago. Indeyana was probably hungry after his trip and even if he wasn’t, Motto could easily eat his food. Motto Brook was a little scary when it came to how much he could pack away. He loved food.

But he was holding off until Indey came. That way they could sit together and have a proper meal. That’s when Motto would tell him the good news! He’d even picked out a cool place from them to sit and everything! Shifting anxiously from foot to foot, the Hunter watched the passengers disembarking. Any minute now and he’d spot his friend. The second he saw Indey, Motto would shout his name and wave wildly.

Hopefully Indeyana would like the burgers he picked out. Bacon triple cheese with a dash of hot sauce. The beef in this country had an awesome flavor too. Motto would wait until his buddy had a few moments to enjoy the tastes before telling him the big news. He’d gotten permission to enter into Superbia! But only for two days and two nights. And they had to pay 1 million Jenni. And be groomed afterward for lice.

May 7th, 2017, 3:46 pm #8

Inde went off the plane to see hes old pal motto inde smiled ear to ear walked to hes friend and gave him hug and then said hi he took one of the burgers and said intristing he took a big bite chewing slowly and enjoying it he feel in love with the burger the cheese was good anuff but the meet was a great meal he asked motto whered he got it before taking another bite hmmmmm that satisfaction thank god for this meal well he said thank you god for the meal well time to ask about the whip so inde said whip for sale steeling the price i mean taking sorry so what the whip like is it big small just right maybe it might just fit right in my hands unless you want it in that case dont be greedy you have nen already i still need to do thing the oldfashioned way with my bear hands you know what i mean right old pal of mine

May 11th, 2017, 1:26 am #9

Motto had already taken a huge bite of his burger when he noticed his buddy’s prayer of gratitude. Guilt swept over the young Hunter as he sat there with juicy meat unchewed in his maw. He remembered all the times he prayed as a kid and wondered exactly when he stopped. Motto wasn’t an especially religious child at all; mostly he attributed the world and it’s splendor to something big and incredible. He only said a little prayer at meal times at the request of his aunt, but it was nice and easy to do. Being grateful was cool, and Indeyana was cool for reminding him. Lowering his head, Motto quietly offered a humble apology to the Big One as well as a quick thanks for his food and friend.

“You can have the whip dude.” He laughed, hands raised in mock surrender as the other explained why it should be his. “That’s part of why I called ya actually. It seemed like somethin’ you’d like. I mean, it just feels right. You know? Indeyana and his whip. Haha. Can I be your sidekick? You know, if you get famous and bad ass? Or even just bad ass. I don’t really care about famous.” Motto gulped down the rest of his food and wiped his mouth with the back of his hand.

“Oh and you’re totally right about me being greedy by the way.” Motto stretched and released a loud burp. “I couldn’t wait, so I went ahead and asked ‘em permission to enter Superbia before ya got here.” The raven leaned forward dramatically and grinned inches from the archeologist’s face. “They said yes.”

Sniffing, he frowned. “I think I know that smell.” The Hunter brought his nose to Indeyana’s hair and he began smelling him all over his head.

May 17th, 2017, 2:28 am #10

So now inde surprised
Inde say why so close to my face nah it all right so we can go in great
Then motto started smelling we head what you notice something
Inde starts thinking of the stocker that must be it well that makes sense
So inde says if it familiar tell me who it is i want to know who the bastard is so when i see him i can kick hes ass you know what i mean right old pal of mine because god damn it im not gonna let myself get beet by no one unliss their badass right pal not some loser with a big stick because im the fighting archeologist inde
Inde stops and then says well what of other artefacts he might find you know what i mean big treasure and hats hah well how we get to the tomb by car or by camel riden by old lady with Scottish accent i,v been to place far and wide you know not always fancy