Though being no comparison to true giants like York Shin Zaban atracts many people from the large rural cumunities surounding it.

Moderator: Game Moderator

June 20th, 2017, 1:58 am #51

Motto felt the intensity of Nerissa’s nen as she reinforced herself and attacked. It was no surprise to see the small bird-thing lying dead soon after. Noticing his own foe still dangling from the corner of his eye, Motto shook his head vigorously to rid himself of the gross creature, but it’s talons were locked in. It didn’t help that his hair thick.

“rrrRR.” With a single movement, he cut the foul fowl from his hair; leaving it’s clawed feet to continue holding onto his hair for the time being. Anything was better than the nasty critter flopping around like a hellish nightmare tassel of some kind.

“I am now.” He answered, Motto’s voice filled with disgust at the sickening fluids pouring out of the fledgling carcasses. “Yeah.. let’s get out of here.” He nodded and gagged a little at the idea of eating the mutant fawn birds.

As they walked in the dark forest, he struggled with the claws still attached to his head as he talked.

“You know what I’m starting to think? I bet that it was that weird deer and it’s deer babies that scared the animals off. I mean.. everything else seemed ok, you know? Of course, something might have made that deer go wrong.. but it didn’t touch anything else. I think we should look around the other parts of the forest the next few days..watch for anymore of … that. Whatever it is.”

Once they reached their camping place, Motto dug around in his pack for dried meat, and nuts. He was hungry, but Motto assumed the Felid was worse off. A lean person like her probably needed a lot of high calorie food to offset her metabolism.

“Here. This might do for now..shoot, did we have rabbits at one point?” Motto couldn’t remember if they’d caught any or if it was just his imagination.

August 16th, 2017, 11:48 pm #52

With a relieved smile the panthress walked side by side with Motto, realizing only some minutes later that she had her claws still extracted and dripping of blood.
The warriorress brushed it away against the foliage as the went through the forest, cleaning nonchalantly her paws until she could put back in peace her sharp claws.
"Normally i hate the idea of murdering cubs of other species, i prefer to leave them alone even if i am hungry. Prey or predator, they are little cubs to me. But this wasn't a normal situation, sadly."
With the thrill of the hunt fading off, Nerissa had the time to reflect on what happened that day until she and Motto went back to camp.
With a low sigh she accepted the death of the mutant spawn and to be cause of that, knowing it was a matter of survival.

"You could be right, first time i see a deer like that. I am a creature of the wild and i admit that things were creeping me out. And this doesn't happen so often."
A quick time spent on sniffing the air around the camp border, following the instinct guide to check if predators had been lurking around their place while it was unguarded.
Then the feline reached for her personal back and grunted her disappointment for the lack of provivions.
"I think we alreade ate them all. And even if we didn't, by now other predators have already the easy food we could have left here. I think to have catched the scent of a fox, brave enough to step inside. But i could be wrong..."

She shrugged and thanked the human with a gently swing of tail as she accepted his offering.
"Thank you, Motto-friend. I'm going to hunt something big for the next days, possibly something that doesn't screech me to death. Do you want to come with me, or do you prefer to keep guard of the camp?
The Felid did not need much to go hunting, her claws and sense of smell were everything she needed, so she was ready to leave as soon her weapons were hidden under a large thick bush.

"Ah, of course you can leave now, if that is your choice. I don't feel anymore the need to keep you with me and teach you how my way is different from human's, but respectful. We hunted and fought together against the same prey, you have earned my respect."
Nerissa spoke with clear voice, looking straight to his eyes and with tail raising to the sky.
"You earned your freedom and you don't need anymore my protection or guidance. Choose your path, you can stay in my camp on your own will for how long you prefer.
Follow what your heart and instinct tell you."

The Majyuu signed this last words with a nod and her left fist pressed against her black-fur chest.

August 24th, 2017, 7:34 pm #53

He was about to answer when the panthress released him. The young man’s brows lifted and his mouth hung open. His features transitioned into an indignant scowl almost comically as Motto was certain he could have escaped anytime he wanted to. Probably. But instead of voicing his sentiment, the Hunter’s expression changed a third time to something softer.

Nerissa was cool and he respected her words.

“I choose to stay. With you. Now that I’m free and all.” Motto’s eyes were half closed with his best attempt at cleverness; his mouth forming a smirk.

He had a lot to learn from someone like her. Not only that, but Nerissa was interesting and different. With her, Motto felt the ease of being away from people that he often treasured in the wilderness, but without the loneliness. He hadn’t really spent much time with her yet, and Motto wanted to hear more about her clan.

“I’d like to go hunting with you and…thank you. Nerissa. I haven’t known ya for very long but you’re important to me. I think we were supposed to meet. You know? You ever get that feeling? Well, I do.”

Her way was different, it was true. He wanted to learn it. As for the job he’d taken in the city to hunt her down, Motto still planned to set the record straight upon his return but they could wait. The experience of spending time with someone like her only came once in a lifetime.

“I’m ready to go.”

September 12th, 2017, 8:47 pm #54

If possible, the striped tail raised even higher, lifted with joy at hearing the human's will to stay with her some more time.
Nerissa could see clearly in his eyes the respect and trust he was feeling for her, she could smell it from his sincere scent. She had to admit to herself to feel touched, a human that was initially sent to hunt her down had been able to see over the lies of human society and recognize her for that she really was.
This brought her hope, there were indeed humans with an open clever mind and Motto was a solid proof of it, standing befor her eyes. Her personal quest on changing their view about her species had a chance of success, slight maybe, but real. A deep part of the panthress relaxed, the fear she had about her people fighting her right to exist until extinction was starting to fade off.

"I'm so glad you made this decision."
But her joy wasn't only about the improved chances of survival of her people.
For the next days she wasn't going to be alone anymore, a new friend was going to share camp with her. Since the Felid left her clan on a journey to explore the world, and find something to help her people, loneliness struck her hard. Being able to survive on her own was easy, it was normal training for Felids, and it wasn't the first time spent alone far from the loved ones.
But everytime Nerissa could not help but miss to have cubs running all around, hunters talking about exciting journeys and warriors figthing friendly each other just for fun. And the elders looking over them, with a wisdom gaze and calm swinging of tails.

The camp was so empty and cold, spoil of any life, but not anymore. Motto was part of the camp now and it would feel weird and wrong not having him around. A pity her other few not-Felid friends were missing, but the savage could make it.
"I don't know about fate, but the thing i know is i feel happy to have met you."
As always Nerissa followed the flew of her instinct and so she approached Motto to give him a sudden, warm hug with both arms around his body. Her white muzzle lowered to his neck, tuned by a soft purring surround, and swiftly her tongue came out of hiding to lick his skin.
The feline tongue was rough and mosty, a wild but caring touch on Motto's neck.

"Now let's go hunting Motto, together."
Slowly, gently, she relesead her hug as the sea retreat its tide from the shore, and with a playful tip of tail on his legs the Majyuu called him for the hunt.
A wink of green eye, a joking fanged smile, and Nerissa leaped down on four paws to seek the trail of a new prey.

November 23rd, 2017, 8:25 pm #55

Reward Table
Member Name:
Gon.Pro.Hunter
Character Name:
Motto Brook
Standard Reward
6.75 SP, 16.875 RP, 2,410,714 Jenni
Content Bonus
Incredible Content (75%)
5.0625 SP, 12.65625 RP, 1,808,036 Jenni
Effort Bonus
Extensive Effort (25%)
1.6875 SP, 4.21875 RP, 602,679 Jenni
Event Bonus
X
Mission Bonus:
X
Arc Bonus:
X
Mentorship Bonus
X
Total Rewards: 14 SP, 34 RP, 4,821,429 Jenni
--IC Notes--
--Comments to the Roleplayer--
Man, did you show me what can be done with more length. This is simply incredible.
There's a great deal of development in here, and while Motto doesn't change that much over the course of the thread, it reinforces his core ideals and principles. You also did an amazing job of making use of Motto's connection to nature. It's a key point throughout,
and fits in well with the plot. Just well done!
List of Used Consumables:
Reward Table
Member Name:
prowlercat
Character Name:
Nerissa
Standard Reward
6.75 SP, 16.875 RP, 2,410,714 Jenni
Content Bonus
Incredible Content (75%)
5.0625 SP, 12.65625 RP, 1,808,036 Jenni
Effort Bonus
Extensive Effort (25%)
1.6875 SP, 4.21875 RP, 602,679 Jenni
Event Bonus
X
Mission Bonus:
X
Arc Bonus:
X
Mentorship Bonus
X
Total Rewards: 14 SP, 34 RP, 4,821,429 Jenni
--IC Notes--
--Comments to the Roleplayer--
Amazing. I have to start with how you have Nerissa speak with imperfect English. Just thinking about it, I can tell how difficult it must be to have it seem imperfect, but still make sense. I love it. It's a small detail that goes a long way in communicating Nerissa's character and enhancing immersion. Other than that, the writing is just great all around!
You did a great job of keeping the plot interesting, and it never felt boring or like it was there to fill in time. The plot moved at a good pace from beginning to end, and had a good flow for the story. The friendship between Motto and Nerissa is amazing, and I love it! I seriously want to see more of Nerissa in the future, and I want to roleplay with her as well! Keep doing the good work!
List of Used Consumables:

November 25th, 2017, 12:22 pm #56

Great shit

This topic is now completed.