If Autumn is Fall,

If Autumn is Fall,

Garrin Hamren
Fourth Year

01 Sep 2007, 05:34 #1

"Here squidey squidey..." Garrin murmered, smirking with definite amusement as he gazed absent-mindedly at the lake. He blew out a large puff of air that surely could have been seen had it been at all chilly that afternoon, and vaguely let his eyes wander his immediate surroundings. Everyone, it seemed, had retired to the castle for the day---and such a shame on what very well could have been the last sunny day Hogwarts would see for awhile.

Despite the somewhat warm autumn sun, however, Garrin's hands were wrapped snuggly around his timely cup of coffee. Somehow he couldn't get through the day with a cup in the morning, and cup in the afternoon, right after his last session of the day.

The crispy crunchy sound of someone stepping on leaves nearby told him he was no longer alone.

ooc: Yurrp, open.

Garrin Hamren
Fourth Year

04 Sep 2007, 03:54 #3

"Mhmm, nothing like the warmth of summer with the colors of autumn," was Garrin's reply. He added a cordial nod and smile, though his dimples remained hidden (they usually only made an appearance for Luna, Chayce, or Cody).

He knew the man to be a fellow professor, though in all honesty Garrin would be somewhat alarmed if there was an adult he didn't recognize roaming school grounds. Out of pure conversational habit, Garrin scratched thoughtfully behind his ear.

"It's erm...Feagreen, isn't it? Synyster?"

Garrin Hamren
Fourth Year

05 Sep 2007, 00:58 #5

"Eh, your memory serves you well," Garrin replied with a shrug, giving a single nod as he momentarily shifted his gaze to the waters. His cordial smile returned as he looked again to the man, and getting a better look, Garrin remembered the subject he taught was band. Later on it occured to him that the only friend he really had at Hogwarts was Luna. Garrin tended to miss a lot, spending all day in his office, or outdoors away from the crowds---he made a mental note to attempt to be more socialable.

"Feagreen...you've got a kid or two here, don't you?"

Garrin Hamren
Fourth Year

05 Sep 2007, 19:07 #7

"Rather close to my story," Garrin remarked in a mild grin. He sniffed as the wind picked up a bit, and took a sip of the comfort drink he held in his hands.

"I've only got the one kid, but he's here, as is my niece---both first years." He nodded vaguely in reflection for a moment, then took another sip. He made a bit of a face---he had used the coffee as a hand-warmer for too long, it seemed. It was starting to turn cold.

"What does your oldest plan to do now?" he asked, casting hesitant glances to his mug. He could warm the liquid with a simple spell, but it would be very likely he would simply use it as a hand-warmer until it went cold again.

Garrin Hamren
Fourth Year

12 Sep 2007, 03:57 #9

"Wish I could have gone there myself," Garrin replied with a wistful tone of voice.

"All of my schooling beyond Hogwarts was at various muggle institutions. Top of the line, no doubt, but they can hardly teach a course in how to talk down a suicide threat when there's wandless magic involved."

ooc: short, sorry...