Torque wrench

Please post all maintenance, tools and service related discussions in this topic forum.

Torque wrench

Liber T
HSATF 1st Officer
Liber T
HSATF 1st Officer

April 17th, 2018, 9:57 pm #1

What are the torque readings you will see when changing the tires on our T's and would one wrench cover them all and do you have any suggestions as to brand and place to buy?   Tom

Cleve
HSATF 1st Officer
Cleve
HSATF 1st Officer

April 18th, 2018, 9:15 am #2

Not sure a single one will do it.  A 3/8 drive 05-75 lb/ft is the one I use most. 

similar to this one:  https://www.ebay.com/p/622813403?trdt=0 ... 6302&rt=nc

also have 1/2" drive, used almost as much:  https://www.ebay.com/p/691430597?trdt=0 ... 0219&rt=nc

Snap-On are probably more accurate, but maybe not enough to matter for our purposes and cost is seriously high for Snap-On..

Also have two 1/4" drive inch/lb ones for small stuff but hardly ever use them any more.

A set of 3 on Ebay is only around 50-60 $, who knows how accurate, but better than nothing I suppose.

http://www.ebay.com/bhp/torque-wrench-set     Same ones Horrible-Fright sells...
Cleve

Motorcycles: Bigger is NOT better, only bigger.

TrapperAH1G
HSATF Tail Gunner
TrapperAH1G
HSATF Tail Gunner

April 18th, 2018, 11:46 pm #3

I bought the 1/4 drive in/lb and the 3/8 ft/lb wrenches from Harbor Freight and they've worked just fine.  They were on sale for about $10 each a year ago.

I've tried uploading images from my manual showing the torque specs for front and rear tires but it won't let me do it.  Send me an email and I'll try sending them to you that way.  paultourne@hotmail.com

TrapperAH1G
HSATF Tail Gunner
TrapperAH1G
HSATF Tail Gunner

April 18th, 2018, 11:50 pm #4

BTW....all the specs are lbf-ft, nothing in inches.

TrapperAH1G
HSATF Tail Gunner
TrapperAH1G
HSATF Tail Gunner

April 20th, 2018, 12:31 pm #5

Liber T....did you get the torque specs you needed?

Liber T
HSATF 1st Officer
Liber T
HSATF 1st Officer

April 20th, 2018, 12:40 pm #6

Well I will try this a third time and hopefully this will post. I'm blaming this new system😉 Looks like I'll be buying two wrenches--a 3/8 and a 1/2 inch. Is there any preference in handle length?  I will do some price comparisons and pick a middle of the road brand. I don't mind spending a little more for tools since they only seem expensive when I lose (kids borrow) them or break one. No more than I'm going to use these Harbor Freight would do just fine. I'll email you Trapper for those settings . Cleve I think I have the same jack you have . I think it's called a black jack or something like that and it has round plastic peg setting in steel pockets on top . It looks like you would need to cut a radius across the top at different lengths to match the frame on the T . If that's what you did , do you have the lengths of each peg and there positions.? I appreciate the help guys👍

Liber T
HSATF 1st Officer
Liber T
HSATF 1st Officer

April 20th, 2018, 12:54 pm #7

No I think I got something I think was what you sent but I wasn't able to view it so I'll take you up on that email idea . I'll send it tonight thanks TrapperAH1G

TrapperAH1G
HSATF Tail Gunner
TrapperAH1G
HSATF Tail Gunner

April 20th, 2018, 1:04 pm #8

Sounds good.

Carolina Son
HSATF 1st Officer
Carolina Son
HSATF 1st Officer

April 24th, 2018, 7:28 pm #9

Liber T wrote: What are the torque readings you will see when changing the tires on our T's and would one wrench cover them all and do you have any suggestions as to brand and place to buy?   Tom

Tom, did you get the information you wanted? If you have a service manual the specs are at the beginning of each chapter, ie. the specs for the rear wheel are at the beginning of chapter 14. I can probably get you a photo of the pages with the specs you want.

CS

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk