Interchange on parts

Please post all brake related discussions in this topic forum.

Interchange on parts

JohnnyB2018
HSATF Member
JohnnyB2018
HSATF Member

May 13th, 2018, 10:20 pm #1

So when I brought my T home, the front brake was dragging bad. The rotor is trashed, I disassembled the front brakes and found the outside pad down to metal. I changed the pads and put it back together until I can get a rotor. Pushing it around the garage I noticed it was still really dragging. Pulling the caliper revealed sticking plungers. I disassembled the caliper to find pitted plungers. Rebuild kits are not common unless you eBay them. I opted to replace the caliper and save the other caliper to rebuild at a later date. While searching for a caliper I found the front caliper fits a wide variety of bikes like 750 spirits, 600 vlx etc. What else fits our T. Currently I’m trying to find another handle bar as Dad apparently dropped the T so the bar droops on the right side...=(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TrapperAH1G
HSATF Tail Gunner
TrapperAH1G
HSATF Tail Gunner

May 14th, 2018, 1:05 am #2

I imagine you could make just about any 1" bar work.  Just need to consider cable lengths and not go crazy with ape hangers, etc.

Carolina Son
HSATF 1st Officer
Carolina Son
HSATF 1st Officer

May 14th, 2018, 5:08 am #3

As Trapper mentioned pretty much any 1" handlebar will fit in the clamps, the problem is to decide which style you like...there seems to be hundreds of options. I have short arms and I use Harley Heritage style bars.

CS

TNT
HSATF 2nd Officer
TNT
HSATF 2nd Officer

May 14th, 2018, 11:05 am #4

Carolina Son wrote: As Trapper mentioned pretty much any 1" handlebar will fit in the clamps, the problem is to decide which style you like...there seems to be hundreds of options. I have short arms and I use Harley Heritage style bars.

CS
Does it make the T shake and rattle with the HD bars?

Carolina Son
HSATF 1st Officer
Carolina Son
HSATF 1st Officer

May 14th, 2018, 5:19 pm #5

TNT wrote:
Carolina Son wrote: As Trapper mentioned pretty much any 1" handlebar will fit in the clamps, the problem is to decide which style you like...there seems to be hundreds of options. I have short arms and I use Harley Heritage style bars.

CS
Does it make the T shake and rattle with the HD bars?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk