Carolina Son
HSATF 1st Officer
Carolina Son
HSATF 1st Officer

July 9th, 2018, 11:45 am #41

rod rounds wrote:
Carolina Son wrote: How about this 140/90-16. It's 1.7" larger in diameter and .4" wider. would "correct" the OEM 130/80 tire speedometer reading by about 5mph at 70.
 a little more pricey but you are getting more tire. 
https://m.ebay.com/itm/Bridgestone-Batt ... SwmtBbNmfB

CS
It’s only rated  H50, I checked and “50” has a load rating of 414 lbs?
Carolina Son, Bridgestone calls the tire a H50, thats not the weight rating. When I looked on B/S for that size tire(140/90 B16) I found the weight rating to be 77@908# and a H speed rating(130 mph) Don't have to worry about the speed rating on our T's.   LOL

https://www.bridgestone.com/products/mo ... ail/pr140/

ROD
Thanks Rod.
I can’t imagine why a tire company would call a tire by a number/ letter like that when those combos can have other meanings in regards to the tire?

CS

Liber T
HSATF 1st Officer
Liber T
HSATF 1st Officer

July 10th, 2018, 12:36 am #42

Just bought a set (2) of tekton torque wrenches for $83 so by next Monday I should have my tire and wrenches and by sept have a spot cleared enough in my garage to change my tire 😜 . Also (changing the subject). This past Saturday's weather was so great my brother and I got a chance to check out our super cheap bt-s2 communication devices. Got the fm radio to work and the music on my phone to work the gps to work from my phone and even got incoming calls. But could not get them to pair up with each other. We did manage to talk a bit by call each other on the phone. Same problem I had last rally with Tony's sena. Once the ride was over we figured out the secret. Turn off the Bluetooth on your phones and we even turned off the phones(not power off) followed instructions to pair. Devices worked perfectly. Now maybe next I'll find out how to listen to my music while still in blue tooth conference.

bamaTrider
HSATF 1st Officer
bamaTrider
HSATF 1st Officer

July 12th, 2018, 5:51 pm #43

maxamutt wrote: lt's an Austone 175R 16 that I got off this forum from cds 11.  I've only put about 2k on it mostly on the recent trip to North Dakota.  It's not that much different from the old tire, maybe a little worse tracking the ruts on my gravel road.  I had no trouble in the 300 to 400 miles of wet roads on the trip.  It's tall, I haven't gone to shorter rear shocks, I may have to do that.  It makes it hard to stand up from the kick stand in some cases.  I made an 1.5" extension pad from an old Datsun motor mount.  It is a chunk of rubber with a steel plate on the bottom.  It worked fine except is too heavy, over the miles the kick stand will start to sag.  I'm looking for a chunk or aluminum or plastic to replace it.  I'd use a hockey puck but hard to find and think it's not thick enough. 
Just add a little helper spring to your side stand. That should help hold the extra weight.

Current love; 2004 GL1800 CSC Cobra trike (silver/white).
Past love; 1999 Ace Tourer (Silver over Black)

bamaTrider
HSATF 1st Officer
bamaTrider
HSATF 1st Officer

July 12th, 2018, 6:26 pm #44

A lot of the Goldwing trikers are running the BT45 on the front of their GL1800 trikes. Myself, I prefer the Michelin Pilot Activ rear sport bike tire over the Battlax BT45 for extra mileage on my trike. I got over 22k miles out of my last Pilot Activ. As a comparison, my friends only average around 12-15k out of the BT45 on their trikes. The only issue on the T is that there is not an exact size replacement as the stock tire size. Price ranges from $120 to $ 146 shipped.
FA89DFBC-1FA8-45D9-9997-A9BDF23A55F9.png
26964CF9-6F3B-416A-ADD4-4AD47CCA72F4.jpeg

Current love; 2004 GL1800 CSC Cobra trike (silver/white).
Past love; 1999 Ace Tourer (Silver over Black)