SherBear2bliss
HSATF Member
SherBear2bliss
HSATF Member

May 9th, 2018, 11:42 am #11

Cleve wrote:I also sent them one, they added foam and reshaped it, didn't like it, sent it back for a re-do. still didn't like it, but then I have not liked any of the half dozen or more seats I've tried,,, so maybe I'm just not a good reference.
Thanks for your feedback! What are the seat models you’ve tried?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

icandoitfaster
HSATF 1st Officer
icandoitfaster
HSATF 1st Officer

May 9th, 2018, 7:29 pm #12

Thanks for the info Allan......just saved me a lot of money.  :)
paul

Cleve
HSATF 1st Officer
Cleve
HSATF 1st Officer

May 9th, 2018, 9:05 pm #13

SherBear2bliss wrote:
Cleve wrote:I also sent them one, they added foam and reshaped it, didn't like it, sent it back for a re-do. still didn't like it, but then I have not liked any of the half dozen or more seats I've tried,,, so maybe I'm just not a good reference.
Thanks for your feedback!  What are the seat models you’ve tried?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Well,,,   There was stock of course, I think they sit as low as any of them. You can get some extra leg reach if they trim down the nose area where your legs will be at a stop, if they taper that area down to more of a reverse T shape rather than a triangle or fat pear shape or even just knock off the the top edges at a 45 degree angle it adds a lot of leg reach.
 Had a used Corbin DualTour for a while, It was usable with a medium gel cushion in the bucket, but otherwise I felt the bucket part was too deep and too hard, sold it. In hindsight, think the Corbin was too worn, foam maybe collaped, should have sent it back to Corbin for a rebuild.
  A one piece mustang  (narrower than the 2-piece), probably better for smaller butt/shorter leg persons, sold it.
 Had a Diamond seat made, It was good going down the highway, but I couldn't touch the ground at stops without sliding forward onto the narrower nose section and that with a 32" inseam,,, Sold the Diamond. The 11-1/2" Progressive shocks might have helped there.
  Have a 2 piece Mustang, better than a lot of the others, but still not perfect for me. keeping it for a while,,, Had MeanCity modify a stock one. redid once,
  Bought a modified Russel Daylong off here, it's pretty good, Had a local guy level the rider section out. It's currently still on there and I'm using it with an AirHawk R cushion.
 Also bought a 2nd Diamond off here as I had sold the other one before getting the shorter shocks, still too tall for me.
 Also picked up a Corbin Solo, didn't care for it either. Too much trouble to remove the passenger backrest and it looks funny with the solo seat, also ride 2-up a lot anyway.

The Corbin Solo might do you some good, A Corbin Gunfighter may sit you lower. The 2 piece Mustang does sit you taller and more forward, so you may want to skip that one.  You might think about shorter Progressive shocks and an Airhawk cushion on the stock seat. 

If anyone is interested, When I get time, going to sell all these extras: The Corbin Solo with backrest, got some scuffs etc but usable. The MeanCity one, passenger section was widened pretty much as wide as possible but materials are not a perfect match. The Diamond, If you have a 34"+ inseam, you may like it, also needs valk hinges or mod yours, It's so wide, the bag lids hit it. I'm going to be tied up for a couple more weeks, may not have email/internet...

FWIW, I can tolerate the stock one as long as any of the others if I use the AirHawk cushion on it.
Cleve

Motorcycles: Bigger is NOT better, only bigger.