Airbag suspension - full seat

Airbag suspension - full seat

borjawil
borjawil

February 11th, 2018, 3:43 pm #1

So Ive done single and double mini airbags undersolo seats. Anyone ever one this under a king and queen or another style full size seat? My current build Id like a seat that fits the frame and rear fender. But I also want some cushion there. 

Best I've come up with is using a seat that is "hollow" or has the drop down sides like this one, put the front on a hinge and a bag in the rear. 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Front-Driver-S ... YQ&vxp=mtr

PR WI
PR WI

February 20th, 2018, 10:32 pm #2

I like your way of thinking. But I'm afraid I'm no help. Try something, and post some pic's. Maybe a great idea will come from it.

borjawil
borjawil

March 14th, 2018, 12:37 am #3

What ive figured out is to either get a seat that hangs over the side of the frame or make a pan. Then have the front on a hinge like normal to stabilize forwards and back motion. Have two airbags under the drivers butt. So when its aired up the side of the seat cover the gap between the seat and frame. likely only have 1-2" of travel but hey still better than mounting it directly to the hardtail.

GKon
GKon

April 30th, 2018, 8:23 pm #4

I had thought of something similar a while back for my king and queen seat but, instead of air bags, using a bunch of springs. Basically attach springs in the entire top side of the pan (not very tall ones), and then another piece of metal or wood on top of that, seat foam, and then cover it all up with leather or vinyl.

If I remember correctly, I may have actually seen a pic of something done in a similar fashion.