Walls and floor with numbers

Walls and floor with numbers

TomasT
TomasT

June 21st, 2018, 10:54 pm #1

Floor tiles and wall tiles with numbers. or, maybe just numbers. 
I'd need some for my Blood Bowl projects. 
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-WgrD9lyX4sg/T ... raves3.jpg

Works for turn counter, random scatter, etc... 

Alfastorr
Alfastorr

June 22nd, 2018, 7:42 am #2

Why don't you just paint the numbers on some floortiles ?

TomasT
TomasT

June 22nd, 2018, 1:26 pm #3

Because it would be cool to have them bevelled or imbevelled...
duh! 

Otherwise we could just build everything in cardboard and paint it. 
This is a place for suggestions. Not whatever yours was. 

Alfastorr
Alfastorr

June 25th, 2018, 12:49 pm #4

It was just a suggestion. Sorry.

Clovesy
Clovesy

June 25th, 2018, 6:38 pm #5

Don't feel bad about making a suggestion! It's a valid one. My suggestion would be to make them raised instead of sunk in. Simply because it's be easier that way. What about some numbers from clock kits? Sort of like this?
https://kidder.ca/clocks/numerals.html
"inside me is a thin woman, screaming to get out. but i can usually shut the b*tch up with chocolate!"

Molds: #40, #50, #59, #260, #274, #303

Roga Danar
Roga Danar

June 26th, 2018, 5:50 am #6

I agree with Clovesy, all suggestions are welcome.  Actually, I think Alfastorr has the right idea for a short term solution, but I also agree that having something inset or raised would look cool and be easier to see.
You might not like to hear this, but I don't think Bruce will be making any pieces with numbers for the simple reason that there are so many options in terms of size, font, and base tile type. As soon as he made one kind, he would get requests for something else. I think the only way to go is with custom pieces.  Depending on your skill level, I don't think it would be that hard.  I did something like this for my Roborally set.  I wanted numbered starting squares and I didn't want them painted on.  I also wanted the numbers to be a computer type font.  My solution was to cast a custom tile with place for numbers to set into.  Here are some pictures:

DSCF4708.JPG Along the bottom you can see the numbers that I made with modeling clay and then a tile that I drilled out for the numbers to rest in.

tile with number.jpg Here is the number inset
and here is the finished products
DSCF4720.JPG I look at them now and they look a little clunky to me.  Oh well.  However, I think Clovesy has the right idea and you could pick up numbers in the font you wish.  Then you could choose whatever tile type you want and alter it to fit your numbers.  If you decide to try something like this, I suggest that you drill out the tile while it has only set for a short time if you are using plaster. I kept shattering fully hardened ones. Resin shouldn't be a problem.
If anybody else has done something like this, please chime in.

Marell le Fou
Marell le Fou

June 27th, 2018, 12:23 am #7

I would suggest small magnet letters. The type kids are playing with. Easy to buy and cheap. Easy to glue...

Galileo
Galileo

June 27th, 2018, 5:44 pm #8

Roga Danar wrote: If anybody else has done something like this, please chime in.
I have not done this, however, if I was, I would use a letter/number stamp set to get uniform numbers.  Harbor Freight or your cheapo tool store of choice usually has them.  Hobby stores will have slightly larger ones for cakes/photo books and the like.   Use the stamp on your model clay or barely set plaster to make nice impressions.  Clay would probably be easier to make good impressions.  If you use non-hardening clay (or play-doh) - you can stamp out your numbers and such, then make a cast in the clay with plaster.  Clean that up to make it look like you want, then make a master mold of them. 

I suppose the hard part would be making them so the tile didn't end up terribly thick once you place it where you want, unless it's a non-traversible marker.
It's NOT denial. I'm just very selective about the reality I accept. -- Calvin (Calvin and Hobbes)