Village speed building

Village speed building

UkDungeonBuilder
UkDungeonBuilder

April 16th, 2018, 4:26 pm #1

Does anybody have any advice for making a speed mould for houses? I use the stucco wall mould and am contemplating making a custom mould of building fronts backs and sides so I can simply cast them in whole pieces. Any advice would be gladly taken.

Nam3n
Nam3n

April 16th, 2018, 8:03 pm #2

I'm still new to making custom molds but my best advice is to take your time and research the products thoroughly. I used mold star 30, super seal and ease release 200. Make sure all the peices are glued well and filled so no silicone can get behind parts. Also glue and seal the bottom to your casting surface for the same reason. Just make sure all products and materials used are comparable and sealed well.

UkDungeonBuilder
UkDungeonBuilder

April 16th, 2018, 8:18 pm #3

Thank you for the advice I’m a big fan of Mold Max 30 for mould making. I’m just debating wether to make a mould of an assembler building front or to make a larger mould of the wooden timbers and stucco panels.

tdhowell@gmail.com
tdhowell@gmail.com

April 23rd, 2018, 4:00 pm #4

UkDungeonBuilder wrote: Thank you for the advice I’m a big fan of Mold Max 30 for mould making. I’m just debating wether to make a mould of an assembler building front or to make a larger mould of the wooden timbers and stucco panels.
Without doubt it makes things faster. Here's an example of a speed mold someone made and posted to Facebook for a similar project:  https://www.facebook.com/groups/4464193 ... 625875829/.

UkDungeonBuilder
UkDungeonBuilder

April 23rd, 2018, 5:45 pm #5

Yea that’s me I posted it there and here as they are the hirst args communities I’m active in good detective work

Mythmere
Mythmere

April 26th, 2018, 10:03 pm #6

If I were doing this I'd make the entire building wall as the mold, or at least the stucco backing. The biggest pain with the stucco is the joins, so it would be worth making a full stucco wall and filling in the seams with putty or something, then never having to worry about the seams again.
-----------------
Swords & Wizardry: http://www.swordsandwizardry.com

UkDungeonBuilder
UkDungeonBuilder

April 27th, 2018, 5:58 am #7

My only issue with that is the cost of silicone to make a very specific mould. At least by making a speed mould it allows me flexibility to build. If I wasn’t saving for a house I’d be happy to make specific moulds

jkason
jkason

May 10th, 2018, 5:47 pm #8

UkDungeonBuilder wrote: My only issue with that is the cost of silicone to make a very specific mould. At least by making a speed mould it allows me flexibility to build. If I wasn’t saving for a house I’d be happy to make specific moulds
For a mold that won't see much use, a tin silicone is fine. If you plan on using it a lot, go for platinum cure. Starter kits are available (Oomoo 30).

On the up side, let your friends an relatives know you accept crafting supplies as housewarming gifts.
We, the Unwilling, led by the Unknowing, have been doing the Impossible for the Ungrateful.
We have been doing So Much, for So Long, for So Little, that we are now qualified to do Anything with Nothing.