Crankshaft
Crankshaft

November 21st, 2013, 1:41 am #151

You are most correct Lady SaBelle. Thanks.
 40 ,45, 51, 53, 70, 85, 95, 204, 205, 206, 220, 250, 267, 280, 291, 331, 421, 422, 424

memyers4
memyers4

November 21st, 2013, 3:56 am #152

OK, This is just too awesome... stealing as many ideas as I can! As if I didn't have enough projects in a state of half-completion, now I'll be adding a dungeon that I'll probably never finish LOL.

I love the red and white tiles as a color offset, but so as not to completely rip off the idea, I'm using the cracked floor tiles sporadically throughout the floors and am thinking about painting them in a marble pattern (thoughts?)? also debating on how to base them. I started basing some on 1/2" foam, but not really liking that so I might go with the MDF, although I have 1/8" for a slightly lower profile.

One thing I did do was make several floor sections with the center tiles missing and made a number of insert pieces so I can have several customizable floor sections. I'll post pictures as soon as I can.

I'm also debating whether to make the walls and floors one piece as you have done, or make the walls seperate from the floors as I have seen others do. I have some pieces done both ways and am still on the fence as to which dierection I want to go there.
Molds I own: 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 60, 61, 63, 64, 65, 66, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 90, 201, 203, 205, 206, 210, 212, 220, 230, 235, 240, 245, 250, 260, 265, 266, 218, 282, 285, 300, 311

BoreasNL
BoreasNL

August 10th, 2018, 7:23 am #153

Soooooo... It has been a while...

Almost five years since the last update. All these years the dungen has gotten little to no attention and hasn't been used at all. Even so, the project has not been forgoten... I moved away from fantasy wargaming and got lost in several historical projects. However, the dungeon was stored away safely, albeit a bit dusty.

As can be seen on the last couple of pictures, the dungeon is big, numbering almost 200 modules in total. For all it's size, it feels rather empty. And while the gothic details give the place some atmosphere, the hallways and rooms are devoid of life... Obviously, all this free space is ideal for moving your miniatures around, but it al feels a bit too empty and it takes the fun out of a game... As with the start of this project, I want this place to have an inhabited feel. It should feel and look like people live and work there, maybe with a scattered touch of comfort, or even luxury, here or there... Perfect for the type of RPG I have in mind.

Over the years I picked up quite a selection of different bits and pieces that can be used for dungeon dressing. Some in metal or resin, others in plastic and plaster, all from a wide range of manufactorers. However, for the size of the dungeon, this collection wasn't nearly enough. The discovery of Mantic's Terrain Crate rekindled my interest in this project. After picking up some of their plastic sets I started scouring the internet for more furniture and bits to detail my own little subteranean corner...  Last year I backed a LeadAdventure project on Kickstarter, getting my hands on a nice selection of very characterful NPC's. During my search for furniture and bits I stumbled upon some more very interesting miniatures... Suffice to say, several packages filled with miniatures and other bits are on their way.

Pictures coming soon... Furniture, random bits of clutter and assorted NPC's...

BoreasNL
BoreasNL

August 17th, 2018, 4:31 pm #154

I hadn't cast a single brick in a couple of years, but there were enough bits and pieces left in various containers to coubble together a few new modules. The one on the left is a copy of a module I've made before, the one on the right is a new configuration for my modular dungeon.

Together with these two new modules I started construction of several other pieces. However, I lacked all the bricks needed to complete these. Time to cast some more, I think...

The first NPC I've painted... This model is manufactored by LeadAdventure and is quite a nice model to paint.

To further enhance the gothic feel of the dungeon I've put together a set of statues.

Behind every woman is a man silently wishing she would shut up...

Roga Danar
Roga Danar

Yesterday, 1:36 am #155

Glad to see you building again.  I have looked over your stuff a couple of times to get inspiration for my own gothic dungeon build.  Your stuff is really great.  Hope to see more!

BoreasNL
BoreasNL

Yesterday, 9:06 am #156

Roga Danar wrote: Glad to see you building again.  I have looked over your stuff a couple of times to get inspiration for my own gothic dungeon build.  Your stuff is really great.  Hope to see more!
Thanks! It feels good to spend some time in the dungeon once again. Have you posted pictures of your dungeon here on the forum? 

Last couple of days I have spent some time painting more miniatures for our WFRP adventures... 

Two more women, bringing the total to three... These could act as maids, manor staff or just random villagers... All these models are from LeadAdventure.

A Citadel Dwarf adventurer... Quite a classic model, almost as old as I am. The model was originally armed with a spear, but I chose to replace it with a halberd

I've also painted a very old dungeon room I made almost ten years ago... This one was not painted during the last painting frenzy, five years ago. 

One of the very first rooms I built when I started the dungeon project. The design is pretty solid and it's a good-sized room, but the quality of some of the bricks isn't as good as it should be. There are a lot of bubbles and even some small visible gaps between the bricks. Furthermore, the smaller tiles (painted red and white) were already glued in place, making the painting especially time-consuming (and not very fun to do). While cleaning out my game room I stumbled upon this module, I actually thought I chucked it out years ago... Now it's finally painted, I'm gald I didn't throw it away. From a distance the small defects arent that obvious and the room looks pretty nice.

A detail of the rather poor quality of the casts... I blame my inexperience at the time;)

More miniatures are coming up... And I plan on digging out my entire dungeon from it's storage cupboard and dust it off

Deuc08
Deuc08

Yesterday, 8:57 pm #157

Well done, I like the colors used for the floor. The minis are pretty nice.

Roga Danar
Roga Danar

Today, 12:07 am #158

I started some speed molds for a gothic dungeon here: first-speed-molds-gothic-dungeon-wip-up ... t8513.html
Didn't progress too far yet because I have been busy with: modular-dungeon-heroquest-board-in-prog ... t8410.html

I decided to make a walls and floors separate build.  I have always liked how clean your build is and the way you use the scribor minis wall designs. 
 WFRP is a great system.  It was the first system that I built a dungeon for since the combat can be so detailed and lends itself to using miniatures.
Great minis.