Gloomhaven 3d

jacques
jacques

July 11th, 2018, 11:04 am #1

Glory to Bruce!  😇
His latest molds, created especially for Gloomhaven, are a total success! 

One of my friends seemed very interested in having the 3d terrain for this game. 
Also, after a few days of work, the result is there! 

Thank you Bruce, you have done a wonderful job and surely many satisfied people. 

A part of the hexes for the grounds

Just to see one of my swashbuckler on the tile...

The same figurine on the hexes...

Another try... I can't wait ...

With the first layer of black paint :

One of the wall (not originaly in Bruce's design) :

With some paint...

First batch :

Some other walls :

Other tiles...

Walls...

Sometimes, you need some loots !

With a good cardboard glue under (2mm) :

All the walls, doors and one hex tiles are in 3 box for 8,5 kg !!!

First one :

Second one :

and third one :

And all the big tiles(30 of them) went in 2 big boxes  (for 12,5 kg) :

For exemple :

Again, Thank you very much Bruce.

Jacques, very happy !

Sveamore
Sveamore

July 11th, 2018, 11:13 am #2

Well done Jacques, well painted, organised & completed! Big projects need a lot of dedication, your mini's look beautiful too.

jacques
jacques

July 12th, 2018, 8:03 am #3

Thank Sveamore! 
I "love" big projects... Many hours of work... but many, many hours of pleasure ! 😉

Jacques

Marell le Fou
Marell le Fou

July 13th, 2018, 2:57 am #4

Nice ! I like the way you have separated the big tiles in the boxe. Are they magnetised ? I see one gluing magicaly to the separator.

jacques
jacques

July 13th, 2018, 5:19 am #5

Hey Marell le Fou,

No, they are not magnetised. Only a cardboard of 2mm glued under each tile. 
The tiles are separated by fairly thin sheets of cardboard with the reference tile, and at the bottom I put the foam to avoid damaging if the tiles are put a little dry in the box !

Jacques

Roga Danar
Roga Danar

July 18th, 2018, 4:35 am #6

This looks great!  I have only played Gloomhaven once and really liked the mechanics.  When I saw Bruce's molds, I was really hoping that my gaming group was going to take off with it so I could make the set.  Unfortunately it didn't go that way.  Another friend who lives across the country plays with his group and I hinted that I would be willing to make the set for him if he bought me the molds, but he didn't take the bait. It's probably for the best since I think it would cost two hundred dollars to ship. 

Did you say that it only took you a couple of days?  That's really fast for that much casting and your paint job looks like you took a lot of time with it.  If I ever do make this set, I will definitely reverence your pictures.

jacques
jacques

July 18th, 2018, 6:03 am #7

Thanks Roga Danar.

No, I said : "...a few days..." 😉.  In fact, it took me seven full days of casting and gluing and painting... but I am retired and have nearly all the time I want 😇.

Jacques

Roga Danar
Roga Danar

July 21st, 2018, 4:58 pm #8

Seven days, retired or not, is still a very fast turnaround on a project of this size.  Very impressive. 
Odd question: Did you have your storage solution worked out before hand or did you just finish and run to the store to pick up the right boxes?  Storage is a huge issue for me since I don't play where I live and I not only have to keep the stuff around the house but carry it to another place to play.  Yours works very well.

jacques
jacques

July 22nd, 2018, 4:53 am #9

@Roga Danar

My friend waited to have all the tiles (and their sizes) before going to buy his plastic boxes. Same for the walls. In addition, he often has back pain and can not carry heavy loads. Several lighter boxes are easier to carry than one heavy.

Jacques