xpost: 8 mos later...(blush)...introducing my little pumpkin (large pics attached)

xpost: 8 mos later...(blush)...introducing my little pumpkin (large pics attached)

August 2nd, 2012, 3:10 pm #1

Hi everyone,

Sorry I've been MIA most of these months. I'm so embarrassed that it's taken me this long to share pics of my littlest guy. He's so smiley and precious, I can hardly stand it! Total mama's boy. He's good-natured, sweet, and laid back. I never thought I'd say that about one of my kiddos, LOL! Still not the best of sleepers, most (if not all) nights, he ends up in our bed for part of the night, preferring to snuggle with us than sleep in his crib. Ah well. We've done tons of construction on our house, and his bedroom isn't entirely complete anyway, so this sleeping arrangement has worked out OK. But, once his bedroom's done and he's in there, I'm afraid we'll need to work on getting him to stay in his own crib. We'll see how it goes.

Big brothers have been coping OK. My 3-y.o. has had the hardest adjustment. He's really acting out and demanding more attention, which is quite impossible for me given the baby and a special-needs 9 y.o. Don't get me wrong, he gets TONS of attention, but he wants more. I've enrolled him in karate in hopes that he can meet some friends, gain self-control and confidence, PLUS discipline. We're trying in vain to potty train. SIGH. I'd really like to enroll him in preschool a couple of times/week this fall, but I'm finding that he'll need to be potty trained first. It's such a battle.

Anyway, hope you enjoy the pics. I'll remove them in a couple of days.

Hugs,

Meg

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

DS born 2003 on Clomid cycle
TTC#2 2.5 years
10/06: BFP, m/c at 7 weeks
7/07: dx high FSH (11.2)
10/07: Changed REs; Day 3 AFC of 6.
2/08: New RE, even crappier FSH of 20.5.
3/08: Another new RE, much more positive; will do a couple IUIs then possibly IVF.
3/08: BFP chemical on natural cycle; FSH 26.2; AFC 10
5/08: Hysteroscopy revealed large polyp on top of uterus, which RE removed.
6/08: FSH 3.8 (after two months of acu and herbs)! AFC of 8. Starting very low dose IUI: BFN.
8/08 FSH 27!! Started estrace after this to lower it.
9/08: FSH 6.9 (high e2 tho); low-stim IUI produced three follies. BFN.
11/08: FSH 8.6. Low-stim IUI. AFC of 8, two in the running at time of IUI. BFP! EDD: 7/28/09
7/27/09: Zachary Edward born! 7 lbs 11 oz, 20 in.
2/11: FSH 10.2. AFC of 5. Natural BFP!
11/27/11: Aaron B. born! 8 lbs, 20 3/4 in.

Last edited by NateDog03 on August 3rd, 2012, 4:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

August 2nd, 2012, 3:46 pm #2

thanks for sharing.

I totally get it about not getting to this sooner. We all get it. Time is tough to come by in these times.

No worries

Z.

August 2nd, 2012, 4:56 pm #3

Hi everyone,

Sorry I've been MIA most of these months. I'm so embarrassed that it's taken me this long to share pics of my littlest guy. He's so smiley and precious, I can hardly stand it! Total mama's boy. He's good-natured, sweet, and laid back. I never thought I'd say that about one of my kiddos, LOL! Still not the best of sleepers, most (if not all) nights, he ends up in our bed for part of the night, preferring to snuggle with us than sleep in his crib. Ah well. We've done tons of construction on our house, and his bedroom isn't entirely complete anyway, so this sleeping arrangement has worked out OK. But, once his bedroom's done and he's in there, I'm afraid we'll need to work on getting him to stay in his own crib. We'll see how it goes.

Big brothers have been coping OK. My 3-y.o. has had the hardest adjustment. He's really acting out and demanding more attention, which is quite impossible for me given the baby and a special-needs 9 y.o. Don't get me wrong, he gets TONS of attention, but he wants more. I've enrolled him in karate in hopes that he can meet some friends, gain self-control and confidence, PLUS discipline. We're trying in vain to potty train. SIGH. I'd really like to enroll him in preschool a couple of times/week this fall, but I'm finding that he'll need to be potty trained first. It's such a battle.

Hugs,

Meg

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

TTC#2 2.5 years
3/08: Another new RE, much more positive; will do a couple IUIs then possibly IVF.
6/08: FSH 3.8 (after two months of acu and herbs)! AFC of 8. Starting very low dose IUI: BFN.
11/08: FSH 8.6. Low-stim IUI. AFC of 8, two in the running at time of IUI. BFP! EDD: 7/28/09
Hes gorgeous!! Congratulations! Glad he is easy going.

Have you checked into daycare as opposed to preschool? In my experience, many of them have the same curriculum" as preschool, but they dont mind diapers. Just a thought. I think it might help him adjust to the new baby by giving him a big boy experience and lots of friends to play with during the day. And you certainly dont have to keep him there all day, but you might find he enjoys it so much that you will:)

As far as potty training goes, I have found that they only do it when they are good and ready. I tried to push my first, then gave up, and then a few months later he woke up and said I want undies. No diapers. Very few accidents. For my second child, I never pushed him, but around age 3.75 I would ask him in the morning How about undies today and for a few weeks he said no each day, then one day he said okay and we have had very few accidents. This was about 2 months ago. Easiest potty training method around.

Hang in there, Im sure youre really busy!!

Pink

August 2nd, 2012, 8:43 pm #4

Hi everyone,

Hugs,

Meg

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

TTC#2 2.5 years
Congratulations - he is super adorable!!!!

Last edited by SabinaCA on August 2nd, 2012, 8:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

August 2nd, 2012, 9:16 pm #5

Hi everyone,

Hugs,

Meg

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

TTC#2 2.5 years
He is gorgeous! Thanks for posting the pictures.

Man, there's nothing like that perfect, beautiful baby skin!

xoxoxo
MM

August 2nd, 2012, 9:17 pm #6

Hi everyone,

Hugs,

Meg

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

TTC#2 2.5 years
(nt)
Last edited by MM-IL on August 2nd, 2012, 9:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

August 3rd, 2012, 1:04 am #7

Hi everyone,

Hugs,

Meg

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

TTC#2 2.5 years
those eyes are mesmerizing, he is gorgeous. Congratulations.

August 3rd, 2012, 4:18 am #8

thanks for sharing.

I totally get it about not getting to this sooner. We all get it. Time is tough to come by in these times.

No worries

Z.
Thanks for understanding Hope all's well with you and they boys!

Hugs,
Meg

August 3rd, 2012, 4:30 am #9

Hes gorgeous!! Congratulations! Glad he is easy going.

Have you checked into daycare as opposed to preschool? In my experience, many of them have the same curriculum" as preschool, but they dont mind diapers. Just a thought. I think it might help him adjust to the new baby by giving him a big boy experience and lots of friends to play with during the day. And you certainly dont have to keep him there all day, but you might find he enjoys it so much that you will:)

As far as potty training goes, I have found that they only do it when they are good and ready. I tried to push my first, then gave up, and then a few months later he woke up and said I want undies. No diapers. Very few accidents. For my second child, I never pushed him, but around age 3.75 I would ask him in the morning How about undies today and for a few weeks he said no each day, then one day he said okay and we have had very few accidents. This was about 2 months ago. Easiest potty training method around.

Hang in there, Im sure youre really busy!!

Pink
It's funny you mention daycare for preschool. I just looked into the daycare that my DS#1 went to for a short time, and they have a preschool program twice a week for three hours per day. Also their website doesn't say anything about needing to be potty trained. I think that twice/week would be a good intro for him. You know, despite him being such a handful at home, when we go out in public he's totally shy, clinging to me for dear life. I feel kind of guilty about that because, working from home coupled with having a special-needs child who's really hard to travel with, he's pretty sheltered and doesn't have any friends. I hope I haven't scarred him because of our situation

He's going to absolutely FREAK when I have to leave him at preschool. I think I mentioned that he's in karate. Well, I still have to stay out on the floor with him, he won't let me leave. The Grand Master is fine with it, but I really wish he'd get over it and start interacting with the other kids. I'm the only parent out there...

Thanks for the reassurance about the potty training, too. Nothing's working with us right now, so maybe we'll just back off for awhile. It's just not worth the fight.

Hugs,
Meg

August 3rd, 2012, 4:30 am #10

Congratulations - he is super adorable!!!!

Hope you guys are doing well!

Hugs,
Meg