X-post - so about that birth announcement...I FINALLY got around to it (pics enc)

X-post - so about that birth announcement...I FINALLY got around to it (pics enc)

February 19th, 2012, 1:09 am #1

I'd posted here about whether it was silly to do a birth announcement so "late" at 5 / 6 months and I'm glad so many of you said, "not at all!".  But what a project it was and I think I really did need to wait these 5 months to have the energy to do this project! 

One of the ladies on the PG board had suggested a Valentine's Day theme which was PERFECT. It just meant I had to hussle to get things done in time.  In my desire to have everything "just so!" I ordered custom postage (had baby's footprint with a "Guess Who...") that took a tad longer than expected and so cards were mailed day after Valentine's.  No matter though.  They came out lovely.  I had them made through Tiny Prints.

For close family and friends I also included an insert explaining that Miss A was named after St. Anne.

So without further ado, here's Miss A:

February 19th, 2012, 2:52 am #2

I love her little bow-shaped lips, and I love the way you worded it too!! I would be thrilled to receive this!

Good job!!

Pink

February 19th, 2012, 3:09 am #3

I'd posted here about whether it was silly to do a birth announcement so "late" at 5 / 6 months and I'm glad so many of you said, "not at all!".  But what a project it was and I think I really did need to wait these 5 months to have the energy to do this project! 

One of the ladies on the PG board had suggested a Valentine's Day theme which was PERFECT. It just meant I had to hussle to get things done in time.  In my desire to have everything "just so!" I ordered custom postage (had baby's footprint with a "Guess Who...") that took a tad longer than expected and so cards were mailed day after Valentine's.  No matter though.  They came out lovely.  I had them made through Tiny Prints.

For close family and friends I also included an insert explaining that Miss A was named after St. Anne.

I love the side-by-side birth and current photos. Amazing how they grow into their little selves so quickly!

Well done!

February 19th, 2012, 4:42 am #4

What a great and tasteful announcement - cute and a precious babygirl! I'm sure you're the proudest mommy alive !

February 19th, 2012, 4:56 am #5

So adorable. Did you take the recent pics yourself or are they professional?

Thanks for sharing.

Hugs,
Meg

February 19th, 2012, 5:56 am #6

she is so beautiful. and the announcement is really great. good job!

I too love the side by side photos. great idea.

jm

me:42, DH 44
FSH 26
DS: born by c-sec Apr15'03, 9lbs5oz 41wks gest. (after 4 years of ttc, starting in 1998)
DD born by c-sec Oct 13 2007, 8lbs13oz 39wk gest. (after just under 3 years of ttc)
~~DS was conceived naturally the cycle following a cancelled DE IVF, using my good friend's eggs. She was on the verge of hyperstimming.
~~DD's nat conception I attribute to using OPKs like a crazy nut, eating grapefruit daily and using preseed. also 5 cycles of TCM ending 2 cycles before that lucky cycle.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

February 19th, 2012, 7:44 am #7

I'm in love

Joy and celebrations,

Adee
Adee

February 19th, 2012, 3:07 pm #8

I just know she melts hearts. What a great birth announcement! I'm sure everyone was delighted to get it.

Keiki's Makuahine (Keiki's Mom) 51, dh 52
Keiki: b. 2002 after 3 months bedrest
Natural conception following ZIFT/chem. pg

Olivia: b. 1999 d. 1999
28-week preemie, ptl cause unknown
Natural conception after 1 mc

ttc since 1998

February 19th, 2012, 4:36 pm #9

I love her little bow-shaped lips, and I love the way you worded it too!! I would be thrilled to receive this!

Good job!!

Pink
yup - that little top lip kills me! 

February 19th, 2012, 4:40 pm #10

I love the side-by-side birth and current photos. Amazing how they grow into their little selves so quickly!

Well done!
Yes - I got so lucky I found this layout that would let me do the side by side and also include a brief caption below.  Since it was a "late" announcement I thought it would be great to do a before/after and this worked out perfectly.

You're not kidding the growth is amazing!!!  and in such a short time!  I still remember her hairy ears!!