WHY? - The question to end our sanity as we know it...

WHY? - The question to end our sanity as we know it...

January 30th, 2012, 4:30 pm #1

So Ds#1 has been at the stage for ever. All 3.5 years of him. Ds#2 is there too but he's just playing follow the leader. So in response to ds#1's "why?", he usually chimes in "yeah why?" eyeroll here. I have not used question marks becuase there are not enough on my keyboard (that was a joke).

Ds #1 - why are we getting snow.

Sane mother - because the weather person said we would.

Ds #1 - MOM!!! She's girl!! Why did SHE say we would get snow.

Sane mother - because it's her job to tell us when to dress you in snow stuff.

Ds #1 - But why.

Sane mother - Why what.

Sane mother - um, because you and nicknick want to go outside and play in it.

Ds #1 - why do we wanna play in it.

Sane mother - because it's fun.

Ds #1 - why is it fun.

Sane mother - why do YOU think it's fun honey.

Ds #1 - no I asked YOU first.

Ds #2 - yeah why mamam (btw ds #2 now likes to call me grandma because apparently I do a really good impression of grandma in little red riding hood).

Sane mother - because we can make snow men, and snow balls and snow angels.

Ds #1 - why can we make snow men, and snow balls and snow angels. Ds #2 - yeah why mamam.

Sane mother - I answered enough why's, now no more why's.

Ds #1 - yes there are more why's mom - why can we make snow men, and snow balls and snow angels (this kid has a memory like a friggin' elephant).

Sane mother - (moan) because the weather man said there would be lots of snow honey.

Ds #1 - but why did - MOM!!!! She's a GIRRRRRL - huff (from a freakin' 3.5 yr old). Why would there be lots of snowwwwwww. Ds #2 - yeah why mamam.

Slowly going insane mother - you wanna scientific explanation.

Ds #1 - what's a scientific explanation.

Slowly going insane mother - stares at ds #1 for an eternity while wondering " wwwwwwww tttttttttttttttttt fffffffffffffffff did I get myself into this. Well it's the reason that snow actually falls. The weather GIRL knows because she went to school and learnt about that stuff.

Ds #1 - why did she go to school to say that.

Slowly going insane mother who decides to stop what she's doing and give her ds's her complete attention and have a bit of fun with them - welllllll because once upon a time, blah, blah, blah, ---------- 15 mins. later ------------------ she loved talking about the weather so much, that she now does it on tv and that's why she can now tell us stuff about the rain and the snow....

Ds #2 - but why mamam

Now completely insane mother with a big smile on my face who is thinking the following - wtf do I care why she went to school - but just about to break the one promise that I made to never say the following: Just because ok, just because!!!! Now anybody wanna watch the jungle book.

Ds #1 and Ds #2 - YEAH!!!! THE JUNGLE BOOK!!!!

Insane mother silently whispering - thank heaven's for tv.

There, I've said it. Now to get back my sanity.

Z.

p.s. my dh still takes the cake on getting himself into sticky situations. While at the dr. one day we were all in the examining room when ds #1 asked what the stirrups were for. Dh responds "to put your feet in". I immediatey jump in with "no that's for the dr. to hang his "stuff" on while he's looking at your eyes and ears, etc." Dh gets annoyed because I over-ruled his response and asks, what was wrong with my answer. My response was "you wanna answer the question that was coming next?" He shut up.

January 30th, 2012, 4:36 pm #2

OMG I about peed myself at the end -- yup DH that't teach you LOL !

Crap I'm insane after just reading that ! Phewie .... what a curious lot ... good and bad
V
(who is at work so totally sane at the moment !)

January 30th, 2012, 5:03 pm #3

So Ds#1 has been at the stage for ever. All 3.5 years of him. Ds#2 is there too but he's just playing follow the leader. So in response to ds#1's "why?", he usually chimes in "yeah why?" eyeroll here. I have not used question marks becuase there are not enough on my keyboard (that was a joke).

Ds #1 - But why.

Sane mother - Why what.

Ds #1 - why is it fun.

Ds #2 - yeah why mamam (btw ds #2 now likes to call me grandma because apparently I do a really good impression of grandma in little red riding hood).

Ds #1 - why can we make snow men, and snow balls and snow angels. Ds #2 - yeah why mamam.

Ds #1 - yes there are more why's mom - why can we make snow men, and snow balls and snow angels (this kid has a memory like a friggin' elephant).

Sane mother - (moan) because the weather man said there would be lots of snow honey.

Ds #1 - but why did - MOM!!!! She's a GIRRRRRL - huff (from a freakin' 3.5 yr old). Why would there be lots of snowwwwwww. Ds #2 - yeah why mamam.

Slowly going insane mother - stares at ds #1 for an eternity while wondering " wwwwwwww tttttttttttttttttt fffffffffffffffff did I get myself into this. Well it's the reason that snow actually falls. The weather GIRL knows because she went to school and learnt about that stuff.

Slowly going insane mother who decides to stop what she's doing and give her ds's her complete attention and have a bit of fun with them - welllllll because once upon a time, blah, blah, blah, ---------- 15 mins. later ------------------ she loved talking about the weather so much, that she now does it on tv and that's why she can now tell us stuff about the rain and the snow....

Ds #2 - but why mamam

Now completely insane mother with a big smile on my face who is thinking the following - wtf do I care why she went to school - but just about to break the one promise that I made to never say the following: Just because ok, just because!!!! Now anybody wanna watch the jungle book.

Z.

p.s. my dh still takes the cake on getting himself into sticky situations. While at the dr. one day we were all in the examining room when ds #1 asked what the stirrups were for. Dh responds "to put your feet in". I immediatey jump in with "no that's for the dr. to hang his "stuff" on while he's looking at your eyes and ears, etc." Dh gets annoyed because I over-ruled his response and asks, what was wrong with my answer. My response was "you wanna answer the question that was coming next?" He shut up.
Z,

Yes, that about your DH cracked me up. My DH would do the same sort of thing.

Honestly, I couldn't read the whole "why" thing -- except for your having 2 kids to lambast you, this is my life (and I hate to break it to you but my DS is nearly 5). The other day he hit me with a row of these questions and at some point I said, "I cannot answer any more 'why' questions. All my 'why' question answers are used up." Naturally DS's reply was, "Why?" Doh!

It's incredible, isn't it?

Oh well, maybe we can room together in the asylum!

Best wishes,
Alex

January 30th, 2012, 5:23 pm #4

Ds #1 - But why.

Sane mother - Why what.

Ds #1 - why is it fun.

Ds #2 - but why mamam

Z.

Listening to the radio ...

DS ... so why DO fools fall in love ?

I wont go on ... that conversation took a while I (naively) thought music would make a change from the questions that NPR generates
-
Last edited by FishDr on January 30th, 2012, 5:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

January 30th, 2012, 6:21 pm #5

Ds #1 - But why.

Sane mother - Why what.

Ds #1 - why is it fun.

Ds #2 - but why mamam

Z.

This is a riot!!! Love it!! Remember those days

January 30th, 2012, 8:50 pm #6

Z,

Yes, that about your DH cracked me up. My DH would do the same sort of thing.

Honestly, I couldn't read the whole "why" thing -- except for your having 2 kids to lambast you, this is my life (and I hate to break it to you but my DS is nearly 5). The other day he hit me with a row of these questions and at some point I said, "I cannot answer any more 'why' questions. All my 'why' question answers are used up." Naturally DS's reply was, "Why?" Doh!

It's incredible, isn't it?

Oh well, maybe we can room together in the asylum!

Best wishes,
Alex
and it did seem to help.

Keiki's Makuahine (Keiki's Mom) 51, dh 52
Keiki: b. 2002 after 3 months bedrest
Natural conception following ZIFT/chem. pg

Olivia: b. 1999 d. 1999
28-week preemie, ptl cause unknown
Natural conception after 1 mc

ttc since 1998

January 30th, 2012, 9:11 pm #7

Ds #1 - But why.

Sane mother - Why what.

Ds #1 - why is it fun.

Ds #2 - but why mamam

Z.

not going through that stage just now (despite having a young 3 year old - that because his personality is such that he tells me why things are as they as) but I did with his eldest brother and those why questions can be soooooo wearing!

The 3 year old takes after his father - takes an uneducated guess and firmly believes he is right!

January 31st, 2012, 4:06 am #8

Ds #1 - But why.

Sane mother - Why what.

Ds #1 - why is it fun.

Ds #2 - but why mamam

Z.

This is so familiar sounding, like, as if, you were actually talking about MY DS!!! And the hufffffing part, .... all TOOOOOO familiar!!! little smart*ss. You gave me quite a laugh tonight, thank you although I'm sorry too

January 31st, 2012, 2:59 pm #9

Listening to the radio ...

DS ... so why DO fools fall in love ?

I wont go on ... that conversation took a while I (naively) thought music would make a change from the questions that NPR generates
-

me:42, DH 44
FSH 26
DS: born by c-sec Apr15'03, 9lbs5oz 41wks gest. (after 4 years of ttc, starting in 1998)
DD born by c-sec Oct 13 2007, 8lbs13oz 39wk gest. (after just under 3 years of ttc)
~~DS was conceived naturally the cycle following a cancelled DE IVF, using my good friend's eggs. She was on the verge of hyperstimming.
~~DD's nat conception I attribute to using OPKs like a crazy nut, eating grapefruit daily and using preseed. also 5 cycles of TCM ending 2 cycles before that lucky cycle.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

January 31st, 2012, 3:02 pm #10

Ds #1 - But why.

Sane mother - Why what.

Ds #1 - why is it fun.

Ds #2 - but why mamam

Z.

Whyyyyyy is that so funny? Because at one time or another we've had that kid! OMG - tears rolling down.

DS stopped playing the Why game when he finally figured out that DH was was leading him down a garden path of silly nonsense. Best example:

DS: Daddy, why do cars and trucks have spinny wheels?

DH: So they don't trip and fall on their frontends when the world starts moving.

He sat in the car silently studying all lanes of traffic moving through different directions at the next 10 intersections...not a word...his big bright blue eyes widened and taking it all in. All his gears were firing. Suddenly he piped up. I looked at him and his eyebrows were furrowed in a big knot....

DS: Mommy, why is Daddy so ridiculous?

Me: Because he didn't eat all of his eggs at breakfast sweetheart.

[size=300]EllenA[/size]

dx'd high fsh at age 30
ttc 6 years
5 failed clomid cycles
2 failed IVF cycles
#3 IVF/ICSI worked out fine
FET 2 years later didn't work out
Proud mom of an amazing miracle boy.