who was it that was having trouble with kids getting into meds?

who was it that was having trouble with kids getting into meds?

June 2nd, 2012, 3:16 am #1

I scrolled down to try to find the post but it must be waaay down there because I couldn't figure it out.

I wanted to suggest a solution to hiding/storing meds.

I bought this cabinet from ikeahttp://www.ikea.com/ca/en/catalog/products/24586510/ to store the bathroom cleaners so the kids couldn't get into them. It's made of metal and shallow enough that put up high on the wall, it's not that obvious.
In fact, in my little home, my little bathroom, I placed it so that the lock is on the bottom. Only fits 3 cleaning items but I am a simple cleaner so it suits my needs (a yoghurt container of baking soda to scour the tub, a jug of toilet cleaner and a lysol spray to decontaminate the outside of the toilet. easy, simple)
I don't lock it, btw, because it's up near the ceiling. Even on a chair, the kids would have a tough time reaching it and once tall enough to do so, they'll be old enough to handle the stuff responsibly and hopefully cleaning the bathroom too (a mom can dream)

jm

June 2nd, 2012, 11:14 am #2

...this sounds like a great solution!

June 2nd, 2012, 2:44 pm #3

I scrolled down to try to find the post but it must be waaay down there because I couldn't figure it out.

I wanted to suggest a solution to hiding/storing meds.

I bought this cabinet from ikeahttp://www.ikea.com/ca/en/catalog/products/24586510/ to store the bathroom cleaners so the kids couldn't get into them. It's made of metal and shallow enough that put up high on the wall, it's not that obvious.
In fact, in my little home, my little bathroom, I placed it so that the lock is on the bottom. Only fits 3 cleaning items but I am a simple cleaner so it suits my needs (a yoghurt container of baking soda to scour the tub, a jug of toilet cleaner and a lysol spray to decontaminate the outside of the toilet. easy, simple)
I don't lock it, btw, because it's up near the ceiling. Even on a chair, the kids would have a tough time reaching it and once tall enough to do so, they'll be old enough to handle the stuff responsibly and hopefully cleaning the bathroom too (a mom can dream)

jm
Wow that cabinet sounds like a great idea. We have a full sized linen closet in the kids bathroom, which we put a key lock on it for now. We ordered a combination door knob to put on it to make it tougher for DS to get into and easier for us. Thanks for thinking of sharing this is=dea, you never know, maybe someone else can use it.