Totally OT and frivolous - Fluffy update (m)

Totally OT and frivolous - Fluffy update (m)

cy2

September 21st, 2011, 10:50 pm #1

Our incredibly cute and mellow Bichon has developed some sort of itch/inflammation in his groin area. He's bitten and licked his skin enough that we got him some special ointment from the vet. Poor Fluffy was so uncomfortable I was putting hot compresses between his back legs and over his penis to get him to quit the frantic biting. He was even sitting down while he ate and drank.

He's such a sweet and calm dog. He lets me scratch his teeth with a fingernail to check plaque. He doesn't join in the neighborhood howlfest when ambulance sirens blare. He doesn't even bark or whine to come inside. He just scratches politely on the glass sliding door.

Anyway, we applied the ointment and I didn't want him licking it off. I put a him in a pair of DS' outgrown boxer briefs backwards with his white curly tail coming out of the fly. (I had to enlarge the opening so that the boxers didn't pull on his tail.) The waistband is a bit big, but Fluffy wears his boxers in the house after we apply the ointment.

DH refuses to let him outside in the underwear. Since Fluffy can't pee wearing backwards underwear, I don't force him to wear them when he goes outside, even though he has total privacy in our backyard. Of course we wouldn't dream of embarassing him by taking him for a walk in his underwear.

Poor Fluffy is not amused when we laugh and comment on his fashion evolution. I think it may be that he feels like a second class citizen since he's wearing hand-me-down underwear. How demeaning!

I wish I could post a picture of our cute white bichon in gray Fruit of the Loom knit boxer briefs, but DH threatened to call the SPCA or Humane Society if I did. I have to admit I almost snorted my coffee when he got up to walk into his cave under our livingroom coffee table with his white tail coming out the fly and curling over his back!

How's that for a funny image!

September 21st, 2011, 10:59 pm #2

Made me laugh when you described the boxer brief, on backwards.

Many years ago, my aging cat had surgery on his tummy. In order to protect the area, I had to put him in an infant onesie so he couldn't lick the area. Fast forward a few years, and I actually used one of that set of onesies for my DD!!

Hope he's feeling better soon....

wcl

September 22nd, 2011, 12:01 am #3

Our incredibly cute and mellow Bichon has developed some sort of itch/inflammation in his groin area. He's bitten and licked his skin enough that we got him some special ointment from the vet. Poor Fluffy was so uncomfortable I was putting hot compresses between his back legs and over his penis to get him to quit the frantic biting. He was even sitting down while he ate and drank.

He's such a sweet and calm dog. He lets me scratch his teeth with a fingernail to check plaque. He doesn't join in the neighborhood howlfest when ambulance sirens blare. He doesn't even bark or whine to come inside. He just scratches politely on the glass sliding door.

Anyway, we applied the ointment and I didn't want him licking it off. I put a him in a pair of DS' outgrown boxer briefs backwards with his white curly tail coming out of the fly. (I had to enlarge the opening so that the boxers didn't pull on his tail.) The waistband is a bit big, but Fluffy wears his boxers in the house after we apply the ointment.

DH refuses to let him outside in the underwear. Since Fluffy can't pee wearing backwards underwear, I don't force him to wear them when he goes outside, even though he has total privacy in our backyard. Of course we wouldn't dream of embarassing him by taking him for a walk in his underwear.

Poor Fluffy is not amused when we laugh and comment on his fashion evolution. I think it may be that he feels like a second class citizen since he's wearing hand-me-down underwear. How demeaning!

I wish I could post a picture of our cute white bichon in gray Fruit of the Loom knit boxer briefs, but DH threatened to call the SPCA or Humane Society if I did. I have to admit I almost snorted my coffee when he got up to walk into his cave under our livingroom coffee table with his white tail coming out the fly and curling over his back!

LOL!

September 22nd, 2011, 1:50 am #4

Sounds like a hot spot. My dog had one last year on his side.

Reminds me of when my 2nd whippet was still fertile, before I had her spayed. I think she had 2 or 3 heats, and they were looooong. You can buy "bitches' britches" to hold a sanitary pad, but with the tail, it's hard to get that pad in just the right position, so it's still hit or miss (literally). Plus a whippet has such a sloped back and hindquarters that most doggie pants don't fit. I bought little boy briefs and stuck the pad inside and pulled her tail through the fly.

Keiki's Makuahine (Keiki's Mom) 50, dh 50
Keiki: b. 2002 after 3 months bedrest
Natural conception following ZIFT/chem. pg

Olivia: b. 1999 d. 1999
28-week preemie, ptl cause unknown
Natural conception after 1 mc

ttc since 1998

September 22nd, 2011, 5:01 am #5

This is such an amusing image in my mind. Are you sure you dont want a pair of my sons Lightning McQueen undies? LOL!!

My mom has a Bichon, and I understand they are known for allergy problems. Her dog takes human benadryl daily, and it does seem to help. He is also on a prescription itching pill. On occasion, he has to take steroids if it becomes severe. She also uses a spray she gets from the vet on itchy areas. She has also found it helpful to wipe his paws off with a baby wipe after coming in from a walk to remove pollen, etc.

My mom jokes that this sweet dog breed, renowned for persons not being allergic to them, have such severe allergies themselves!!

Im sure Fluffy is proud of his boxer briefs. After all, at least theyre not tighty-whities!!

PD

September 22nd, 2011, 9:37 am #6

September 22nd, 2011, 1:49 pm #7

.... no picture nec. I have conjured up a nice one What a great owner you are to take such care of him !! So so funny ..... love DH's response !
V

September 22nd, 2011, 1:59 pm #8

Your DH would not take too kindly to your DS wearing nail polish to school, huh??? I'm just joking, because my twin boys often want their nails painted like their big sister! I can only imagine how your other little guy looks in his boxers. Too cute. My dogs would just rip those right off!

September 23rd, 2011, 2:17 am #9

I am sorry but this is hysterical and I needed a good laugh. Poor fluffy! I hope he feels better soon.