Things kids say/do -- part XX??

Things kids say/do -- part XX??

February 25th, 2012, 11:58 pm #1

Okay, just have to continue the thread below about things kids say because my 4 year old is cracking me up.

2 days ago he discovered a can of air freshener under the kitchen sink and became obsessed with it. He realized that they spray and of course that's a lot of fun. I rarely use air freshener because I hate the artificial smell of them -- we have them on hand simply for emergencies -- so I told him, "No, sorry, no spraying. We only use them if it really really smells yucky in the house."

Just now he announces loudly: I farted. [pause...] Can we use the air freshener now???

:-0

February 26th, 2012, 4:12 am #2

Boys and their fart humor!!

PInk

February 26th, 2012, 4:51 pm #3

Okay, just have to continue the thread below about things kids say because my 4 year old is cracking me up.

2 days ago he discovered a can of air freshener under the kitchen sink and became obsessed with it. He realized that they spray and of course that's a lot of fun. I rarely use air freshener because I hate the artificial smell of them -- we have them on hand simply for emergencies -- so I told him, "No, sorry, no spraying. We only use them if it really really smells yucky in the house."

Just now he announces loudly: I farted. [pause...] Can we use the air freshener now???

nt

February 26th, 2012, 6:59 pm #4

thank you for making me smile
your DS, I can picture him saying that. so funny!

xo

me:43, DH 44
FSH 26
DS: born by c-sec Apr15'03, 9lbs5oz 41wks gest. (after 4 years of ttc, starting in 1998)
DD born by c-sec Oct 13 2007, 8lbs13oz 39wk gest. (after just under 3 years of ttc)
~~DS was conceived naturally the cycle following a cancelled DE IVF, using my good friend's eggs. She was on the verge of hyperstimming.
~~DD's nat conception I attribute to using OPKs like a crazy nut, eating grapefruit daily and using preseed. also 5 cycles of TCM ending 2 cycles before that lucky cycle.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

February 26th, 2012, 8:31 pm #5

"are these to hold your things in" pointing to his chest.

gave me a wee giggle

February 27th, 2012, 1:23 am #6

First it was Mr. M. While I was changing his diaper and kissing his toes he said, "Kiss p*nis!" He is very proud of his boy parts and likes to talk about them often. Last night we were reading an ABC book that has a dog for each letter. Now Mr. A got in on the action, pointing to tails and legs and saying, "Dog p*nis!" They both thoroughly enjoyed reading the entire book that way, using that term for just every part of the dogs' bodies. G-d help me! I can just see where this is going...

February 27th, 2012, 3:36 am #7

nt

Keiki's Makuahine (Keiki's Mom) 51, dh 52
Keiki: b. 2002 after 3 months bedrest
Natural conception following ZIFT/chem. pg

Olivia: b. 1999 d. 1999
28-week preemie, ptl cause unknown
Natural conception after 1 mc

ttc since 1998

February 27th, 2012, 5:12 am #8

Boys will be boys !!! My 11 month old sits in a funny position when he wants to fart. We can tell from a distance what he is upto

February 27th, 2012, 3:20 pm #9

My 5yo has funny and -hard!- questions

Asked my dh at bedtime "Does Mommy have a ball? (yup that ball, he thinks there is only one)"

While shopping yesterday my two boys were comparing the models on the underwear packages and decided they wanted 6-pack muscles like them. "How do we get these Dad?" and ouch "Why don't you get them?"

Last night "Daddy, why do you have kids?"

February 27th, 2012, 6:51 pm #10

Yes, we are not so cautious about privacy in my house (you can't be with one bathroom) so younger DS went through a phase at age 3 when he kept asking me if I had a wee wee.

Too funny!

I was just saying to DH that we really need to buy a book on reproduction 101 for young kids. We've already spoken to my 8 year old about the basics (seeds and eggs and such) but we need to give him a little more in-depth details before he starts getting mis-info from his little friends (one in particular I can think of who seems to have access to a lot more media than DS). I'm not a prude but admit it's been harder than I thought to explain the birds and the bees....