Thank you to all of you

Thank you to all of you

May 4th, 2012, 11:18 pm #1

I just so appreciate that you took the time to write to me and really gave me alot of great info to work with. I made alot of progress today, DS is scheduled to meet with the school counselor first thing monday morning to go over strategies to help him deal with this. The teacher did talk to the ex bff today and she is very concerned. He wouldn't give her eye contact and acted very distant throughout the conversation. He came out and said he doesn't care about Noah or his friendship, the teacher is just as perplexed as me and his lack of reaction, sensitivity, and compassion has her very concerned about him. After I spoke to her this afternoon after school got out, I explained how harassing he has been and calling Noah names, making fun of everything he does, making him feel left out and alone. She plans on talking to ex bff first thing monday morning to be clear that he needs to back off from Noah and then have the school psychologist see him. So I feel better knowing things are in motion there. The principal returned my call and he is scheduling a meeting to go over Noah's needs and what they can do to make things better for him in class, ahhhhh. Finally things seem to be in a better direction. Again, thank you for everything. This has been so trying on me, plus my 6 y/o has a concussion and has been evaluated every day this week by all specialties, DH is on his way home to make me a nice big margarita!! Love you all, Gail

May 4th, 2012, 11:52 pm #2

...and so sorry I didn't get a chance to reply to your OP. I didn't have the time to properly address it, but everyone else said everything I would have said (and more).

I'm SO glad the teacher has stepped up. This is, as many said, a clear-cut case of bullying, whatever ex-bff's reasons. Thank goodness teacher is on the same page now, and principal too. I was livid to read how difficult it is for you to get a response from them in the past, but it sounds (fingers crossed) as though they're on top of things now. And the counselor absolutely has to be involved, so thank goodness that's in progress.

So glad, too, that DH has stepped in, for all the reasons Konni mentioned. I also like the idea of a small group of boys having lunch together with her each week -- I wonder if that might be something to suggest, and follow up with next year, too?

I'm so glad everyone's attention is now on DS and ex-bff and things are in motion. I hope you'll keep us posted...like the others, my heart goes out to Noah and I hope things turn around for him very quickly.

My best to all of you...and to your 6-year-old (what happened??? How scary!! Oh my gosh, Gail; what a week)...I hope DH made a banging margarita for you and that you are savoring it as I write this.

xoxox,
k

May 5th, 2012, 1:02 am #3

I just so appreciate that you took the time to write to me and really gave me alot of great info to work with. I made alot of progress today, DS is scheduled to meet with the school counselor first thing monday morning to go over strategies to help him deal with this. The teacher did talk to the ex bff today and she is very concerned. He wouldn't give her eye contact and acted very distant throughout the conversation. He came out and said he doesn't care about Noah or his friendship, the teacher is just as perplexed as me and his lack of reaction, sensitivity, and compassion has her very concerned about him. After I spoke to her this afternoon after school got out, I explained how harassing he has been and calling Noah names, making fun of everything he does, making him feel left out and alone. She plans on talking to ex bff first thing monday morning to be clear that he needs to back off from Noah and then have the school psychologist see him. So I feel better knowing things are in motion there. The principal returned my call and he is scheduling a meeting to go over Noah's needs and what they can do to make things better for him in class, ahhhhh. Finally things seem to be in a better direction. Again, thank you for everything. This has been so trying on me, plus my 6 y/o has a concussion and has been evaluated every day this week by all specialties, DH is on his way home to make me a nice big margarita!! Love you all, Gail
Let us know how the little one does, too.

Keiki's Makuahine (Keiki's Mom) 51, dh 52
Keiki: b. 2002 after 3 months bedrest
Natural conception following ZIFT/chem. pg

Olivia: b. 1999 d. 1999
28-week preemie, ptl cause unknown
Natural conception after 1 mc

ttc since 1998

May 5th, 2012, 4:02 am #4

GailCT,

I didn't post in your original thread b/c I didn't feel I had any insights to share, but thanks for posting there, and here. Looking down the road I imagine many of us will deal with these kinds of scenarios at some level or another so knowing what can go on and also some strategies for getting through it is very helpful. Also, of course, I'm very glad to see that things seem to be moving in the right direction; I feel bad for both boys and hope each is able to get to a better place emotionally.

Best wishes,
Alex

wcl

May 5th, 2012, 1:06 pm #5

...and so sorry I didn't get a chance to reply to your OP. I didn't have the time to properly address it, but everyone else said everything I would have said (and more).

I'm SO glad the teacher has stepped up. This is, as many said, a clear-cut case of bullying, whatever ex-bff's reasons. Thank goodness teacher is on the same page now, and principal too. I was livid to read how difficult it is for you to get a response from them in the past, but it sounds (fingers crossed) as though they're on top of things now. And the counselor absolutely has to be involved, so thank goodness that's in progress.

So glad, too, that DH has stepped in, for all the reasons Konni mentioned. I also like the idea of a small group of boys having lunch together with her each week -- I wonder if that might be something to suggest, and follow up with next year, too?

I'm so glad everyone's attention is now on DS and ex-bff and things are in motion. I hope you'll keep us posted...like the others, my heart goes out to Noah and I hope things turn around for him very quickly.

My best to all of you...and to your 6-year-old (what happened??? How scary!! Oh my gosh, Gail; what a week)...I hope DH made a banging margarita for you and that you are savoring it as I write this.

xoxox,
k
Yes, what happened to your 6 yr old?? (nt)

May 5th, 2012, 8:48 pm #6

one of my 8 y/os was outside swinging an aluminum bat at a ball on a wire to practice hitting and didn't see my 6y/o behind her and hit him really good. He has been having visual issues since, can't see peripherally out of one eye, very scary week. He has had multiple eye exams which were all normal so the pediatrician concluded that it must be a concussion d/t his symptoms. We are supposed to keep him with low stimuli which is proving to be very challenging. What a freakin week!!

May 5th, 2012, 10:39 pm #7

I used to stand by the boys when my ds played t-ball b/c some of them would swing at the air, hard as they could, and they were oblivious to anyone nearby. One of them appeared to be aiming at the heads of the kids in front of him. Couldn't believe his df was ok with that. I got the coaches and complained and they made the kids stop.

Sure do hope your lo recovers quickly!

Keiki's Makuahine (Keiki's Mom) 51, dh 52
Keiki: b. 2002 after 3 months bedrest
Natural conception following ZIFT/chem. pg

Olivia: b. 1999 d. 1999
28-week preemie, ptl cause unknown
Natural conception after 1 mc

ttc since 1998
Last edited by goldiescholar on May 5th, 2012, 10:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

May 6th, 2012, 12:14 am #8

one of my 8 y/os was outside swinging an aluminum bat at a ball on a wire to practice hitting and didn't see my 6y/o behind her and hit him really good. He has been having visual issues since, can't see peripherally out of one eye, very scary week. He has had multiple eye exams which were all normal so the pediatrician concluded that it must be a concussion d/t his symptoms. We are supposed to keep him with low stimuli which is proving to be very challenging. What a freakin week!!
that sure is scary.

It doesn't rain, it pours Sorry my friend.

There's a boy at DS's school who has a concussion and he had to stay in from recess and was home for a while too, to keep him quiet. which was challenging because he's not a sit and do nothing kid. Couldn't even read.

Glad your oldest DS's issues at school are being looked at. I admire how you are able to cope with all this, I'd be freaking out for sure.

hugs
Julie

May 6th, 2012, 11:17 am #9

Oh my gosh, Gail--you are indeed on overload. How terrifying. Please keep us posted on your little guy as well...that on top of Noah's issues must have pushed you right to the edge this week.

Sincerely hoping you get encouraging news on both fronts very, very soon.

With great big hugs,
Kat.

May 6th, 2012, 12:52 pm #10

I am so sorry to hear this. Have you seen a pediatric ophthalmologist?

I hope he feels better soon.

Pink