Teething products - recommendations needed

Teething products - recommendations needed

May 27th, 2012, 10:32 pm #1

Hi ladies,

Does anyone have a recommendation for teething products that weren't made in China? I might just being hypersensitive but I remember some exposes about things made in China a few years back.

Thanks!

May 28th, 2012, 2:55 am #2

My kids teethed a little older than average, and I think your baby may be pretty young, so I have edited my suggestions. Those toys that you can freeze or chill really do help, I think. I also remember a little toy that would vibrate when baby bit on it, it was very useful.

I found it:

http://www.onestepahead.com/catalog/pro ... ductId=160

I bet you could find it through Amazon too.

I didnt really use any products, other than a little motrin or tylenol if the dr. permitted.

I do recall there being lots of toys recalled a few years back because of lead in the paint, but I havent heard of it recently.

Good luck with the teething. Its tough but thankfully doesnt go on forever!!

Pink
Last edited by Pinkdandelion on May 28th, 2012, 3:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

May 28th, 2012, 11:56 pm #3

Hi ladies,

Does anyone have a recommendation for teething products that weren't made in China? I might just being hypersensitive but I remember some exposes about things made in China a few years back.

Thanks!
so I don't know if the freezing gel-butterfly toy was made there or not. I know it came out before the big BPA expose. I'm pretty sure ours was Sassy.

If you take a super-clean washcloth, wet it and freeze it, that should help.

Keiki's Makuahine (Keiki's Mom) 51, dh 52
Keiki: b. 2002 after 3 months bedrest
Natural conception following ZIFT/chem. pg

Olivia: b. 1999 d. 1999
28-week preemie, ptl cause unknown
Natural conception after 1 mc

ttc since 1998

wcl

May 30th, 2012, 12:20 pm #4

Hi ladies,

Thanks!
I gave this to my GD. Easy to hold with two hands because it's pretty large, soft (so if she shook it, I didn't have to worry that she'd sock herself in the face),squeaks (not annoyingly, but enough to motivate her to use it). But most of all, it has many parts which she found both interesting to explore and satisfying to chew on--ears, legs, etc. And it became a favorite comfy toy, since it is a character not just something generic to teethe on. It's not cheap, however--in the $20 range.

http://www.amazon.com/Vulli-Sophie-the- ... 855&sr=1-7

wcl
Last edited by wcl on May 30th, 2012, 12:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.