soft pretzel recipe, you must try this

soft pretzel recipe, you must try this

September 13th, 2011, 5:30 pm #1

I made soft pretzels for the first time yesterday and had so much fun. And was I ever elated when they turned out to be really good. My kids picked out toppings for them, some wanted cinnamon sugar others salt and one just plain. So easy...
http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/alto ... index.html

Let me know if you try them. And great for us living on a strict food budget these days!

September 13th, 2011, 5:35 pm #2

R is averse to "crunchy" pretzels so would probably like these. My thighs don't need it but heck, I'll eat them

September 14th, 2011, 3:23 am #3

I made soft pretzels for the first time yesterday and had so much fun. And was I ever elated when they turned out to be really good. My kids picked out toppings for them, some wanted cinnamon sugar others salt and one just plain. So easy...

Let me know if you try them. And great for us living on a strict food budget these days!
The price of Auntie Annes pretzels is totally off my budget these days, so maybe these will do the trick!!

Pink

September 14th, 2011, 11:27 pm #4

my kids LOVE these! Any they are super easy.

September 15th, 2011, 1:19 am #5

and it is soooo much cheaper. you can get a snack back size for less than $3.00. i get mine at foodworks (health food store--be sure not to get the nutritional yeast). it lasts a good year or more in the fridge. you will find it in the dairy case or refridgerated section. and if you dont see it, ask. and if that store doesnt carry it, ask at the next.

thanks for sharing the recipe! will try them soon!!!!

September 15th, 2011, 3:18 am #6

Are you talking about the jarred yeast? Or an even larger bag? You mention snack back size, but I am not sure what that is.

I cant wait to try these pretzels! My boys love soft pretzels!!

How are you feeling? Time is getting close, eh?

Pink

cy2

September 15th, 2011, 7:34 am #7

and it is soooo much cheaper. you can get a snack back size for less than $3.00. i get mine at foodworks (health food store--be sure not to get the nutritional yeast). it lasts a good year or more in the fridge. you will find it in the dairy case or refridgerated section. and if you dont see it, ask. and if that store doesnt carry it, ask at the next.

thanks for sharing the recipe! will try them soon!!!!
I make bread in our machine a LOT during holidays or at the end of school year or when I need something to give to people who invite us out or do special favors, etc. I routinely go through 25 lb. bags of flour and sometimes make up to 10 loaves in a week. Last xmas I think I went through over 50 lbs of flour just baking for people at DS' school.

I found the Red Star yeast in the huge vacuum packed foil bag is just as good as the SAF premium yeast. I keep ours in the freezer and it lasts for a long time. I usually pour it into smaller jars and use it straight out of the freezer.

cy2

September 15th, 2011, 7:44 am #8

Thanks for sharing the recipe. It's always better when you hear from someone who's had success with it.

September 16th, 2011, 12:52 am #9

I make bread in our machine a LOT during holidays or at the end of school year or when I need something to give to people who invite us out or do special favors, etc. I routinely go through 25 lb. bags of flour and sometimes make up to 10 loaves in a week. Last xmas I think I went through over 50 lbs of flour just baking for people at DS' school.

I found the Red Star yeast in the huge vacuum packed foil bag is just as good as the SAF premium yeast. I keep ours in the freezer and it lasts for a long time. I usually pour it into smaller jars and use it straight out of the freezer.
I think mine is called freihofers I believe but is also in a large foil pack and lasts forever, keep in a tupperware container in frig or freezer. Super cheap! It was a two pack and vacuum sealed so had the second in cabinet for a year and just opened it and it is working fine. I used to find yeast confusing, this is just yeast not rapid rise yeast, do not find that necessary.