OT - Thanks for Pizza Recipes/Ideas Below! Yum!

OT - Thanks for Pizza Recipes/Ideas Below! Yum!

April 18th, 2012, 5:42 pm #1

Thank you, Alex, Sarasara, and Juliemam. We made whole wheat pizza last night. YUM! We will continue to make the dough and start to experiment with sauces and toppings. Yummy!

Question: anyone have suggestions on making a thinner, crispier crust?

This crust was good and we'd be happy with this but I want to get it a little thinner. Just use less dough and spread it out....? It was quite doughy.

April 18th, 2012, 6:58 pm #2

makes a thin crust.

BUT you can always blind cook it a bit before slapping on the sauce and toppings.

I use a 13" pizza stone (how I love my stone) and every single time, I wonder if I've made enough dough but I just keep patting it to spread it and it covers it nicely. Thin. I don't like doughy crusts either.
With whole wheat, you have to be extra gentle as you pat and be careful not to pull otherwise it'll rip which doesn't really latter, easily fixed but if you are uptight like me... lol

have fun with it!

me:43, DH 44
FSH 26
DS: born by c-sec Apr15'03, 9lbs5oz 41wks gest. (after 4 years of ttc, starting in 1998)
DD born by c-sec Oct 13 2007, 8lbs13oz 39wk gest. (after just under 3 years of ttc)
~~DS was conceived naturally the cycle following a cancelled DE IVF, using my good friend's eggs. She was on the verge of hyperstimming.
~~DD's nat conception I attribute to using OPKs like a crazy nut, eating grapefruit daily and using preseed. also 5 cycles of TCM ending 2 cycles before that lucky cycle.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

April 19th, 2012, 1:42 am #3

and I love thin crust, it was great! And so freakin easy....thanks for sharing

April 19th, 2012, 1:37 pm #4

that recipe came to my recipe box from a kids cooking class I took with DS when he was 4ish. That particular class, we made individual pizzas and ice cream in ziploc bags. the ice cream was also so easy, it's a wonder I haven't made it since (small ziploc, 1/2cup cream, some sugar and vanilla. Large zip with crushed ice and salt, pop small ziploc it it, seal the big bag up and smush. fun and easy peasy.

Up until that class, I had tried making pizza dough, letting irse and trying my best to time the rise with a decent dinner time etc and always failing. I swear I heard angels singing when I saw how easy this was and not having to rise!

Even when I make two pizzas and with my tiny oven (24" wide, no kidding--small kitchen) and one pizza gets dressed and waits it's turn, the crust rises a wee bit but it's still fine, not puffy because the first pizza take 15min tops to bake, usually only 12min.
That class changed our lives. LOL

Thanks for telling me you like it. and thanks for trying it!!

jm

me:43, DH 44
FSH 26
DS: born by c-sec Apr15'03, 9lbs5oz 41wks gest. (after 4 years of ttc, starting in 1998)
DD born by c-sec Oct 13 2007, 8lbs13oz 39wk gest. (after just under 3 years of ttc)
~~DS was conceived naturally the cycle following a cancelled DE IVF, using my good friend's eggs. She was on the verge of hyperstimming.
~~DD's nat conception I attribute to using OPKs like a crazy nut, eating grapefruit daily and using preseed. also 5 cycles of TCM ending 2 cycles before that lucky cycle.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

April 20th, 2012, 1:50 am #5

gotta try that ice cream, my kids would have a ball making it and eating it.