OT Anyone see Wicked? (m)

OT Anyone see Wicked? (m)

cy2

May 31st, 2012, 7:38 am #1

It's coming to Honolulu at the end of the year. DH and DS think it's a chick flick. We checked the CD out from the library and the music is catchy. Not Phantom of the Opera, but few shows are. . .

I'm wondering if it's worth the big $ for tickets. We're already seeing the Cirque show in October, so not sure if we should stretch the entertainment budget even more for Wicked.

Thanks in advance for thoughts!

cy

May 31st, 2012, 7:04 pm #2

It is a really great show. The only reason I didn't take my kids (then 8 and 3), were that they would have been terrified of the witch. My niece went when she was 9 and LOVED it.

I don't think it is a girl show. My DH saw it twice and loved it. Great music, clever story. At the very least, YOU should go!

cy2

May 31st, 2012, 8:55 pm #3

and recommend for children over 8.

I'll need to relisten to the CD and refigure the budget!

June 2nd, 2012, 12:10 am #4

It's coming to Honolulu at the end of the year. DH and DS think it's a chick flick. We checked the CD out from the library and the music is catchy. Not Phantom of the Opera, but few shows are. . .

I'm wondering if it's worth the big $ for tickets. We're already seeing the Cirque show in October, so not sure if we should stretch the entertainment budget even more for Wicked.

Thanks in advance for thoughts!

cy
I loved it so much that I had to have the cd. I read the book afterwards too. I love going to the theater and this show is right up there. I will say even my husband liked it and he really isn't in to those types of things. I would go again if given the chance. I haven't heard many people who didn't like it. Its funny and very entertaining. Let us know if you do decide to go and tell us what you think. I don't think you can go wrong.

cy2

June 2nd, 2012, 9:35 pm #5

Thank you! I like the soundtrack CD. nt