My baby is 10 today!

My baby is 10 today!

June 7th, 2012, 10:12 am #1

What an amazing journey. It began with some of the lowest lows any human can experience -- I won't go into it on a happy day. I'm just so fortunate and happy to be here today with my happy, healthy boy. Last night he said that 9 was the best year so far, and he'd had a fabulous teacher. I hope we can exceed his dreams this year. And I think I hear him up! He's going downstairs to see if he got loads of presents.

He loves science, and he's so bright. We got a quick peek at Venus crossing the sun via the astronomy club's telescope on Tuesday. DH said, "I can't wait to see it again!" and DS said, "I'll dig you up." (The next transit occurs in 2117.)

And fyi, the playgroup turned 10 on April 15! I meant to celebrate that, too, but I had a project deadline so it flew out of my head.

Ladies, thank you so much for sharing this adventure with me. I just can't imagine not being able to bring my joys and sorrows to you, and you to me.

xxooxxooxxooxxooxxoo

Keiki's Makuahine (Keiki's Mom) 51, dh 52
Keiki: b. 2002 after 3 months bedrest
Natural conception following ZIFT/chem. pg

Olivia: b. 1999 d. 1999
28-week preemie, ptl cause unknown
Natural conception after 1 mc

ttc since 1998
Last edited by goldiescholar on June 7th, 2012, 12:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

June 7th, 2012, 10:52 am #2

How can it be true? But it is! Oh, happiest of happy birthdays for your sweet, smart, funny boy! And happy day to you, K! I am so grateful for your friendship and that you started and continue to moderate this board. What a lonelier experience of motherhood this whole amazing experience would be had you not! Sending love and big huge hugs to your family today!

xoxoxooxoxo
MM

cy2

June 7th, 2012, 11:27 am #3

What an amazing journey. It began with some of the lowest lows any human can experience -- I won't go into it on a happy day. I'm just so fortunate and happy to be here today with my happy, healthy boy. Last night he said that 9 was the best year so far, and he'd had a fabulous teacher. I hope we can exceed his dreams this year. And I think I hear him up! He's going downstairs to see if he got loads of presents.

He loves science, and he's so bright. We got a quick peek at Venus crossing the sun via the astronomy club's telescope on Tuesday. DH said, "I can't wait to see it again!" and DS said, "I'll dig you up." (The next transit occurs in 2117.)

And fyi, the playgroup turned 10 on April 15! I meant to celebrate that, too, but I had a project deadline so it flew out of my head.

Ladies, thank you so much for sharing this adventure with me. I just can't imagine not being able to bring my joys and sorrows to you, and you to me.

xxooxxooxxooxxooxxoo

ttc since 1998
What great news about his enthusiasm. You must be so proud.

Thank you for being such a gracious and generous board hostess.

Gotta run! I'm headed into my 3rd day of intensive seminars (leave home at 7 a.m., get home between 6:30 and 9 p.m.. One more day, plus getting DH and DS off to the Big Island to visit DH's family and Fluffy to daycare since DH is concerned he's been left so much this week.

I hope you have a fantastic family celebration and that this is a spectacular year for Keiki!

Love,
cy

June 7th, 2012, 12:02 pm #4

xxooxxooxxooxxooxxoo

ttc since 1998
Gratz on the big ten! It's rather flown by quickly, no?

I hope that Keiki enjoys his very special day.

Thank you, Konni, for giving us a forum to share all of ours!

[size=300]EllenA[/size]

dx'd high fsh at age 30
ttc 6 years
5 failed clomid cycles
2 failed IVF cycles
#3 IVF/ICSI worked out fine
FET 2 years later didn't work out
Proud mom of an amazing miracle boy.

June 7th, 2012, 12:06 pm #5

xxooxxooxxooxxooxxoo

ttc since 1998
And Happy Keiki's Birthday to you, mamma.

Oh my...it seems like such quick trip from diapers and teething to double digits. I know there was a lot in between (and before) and I'm very much looking forward to what's ahead, too. I am so pleased and privileged to have been able to share some of the journey with you and your beautiful boy.

With much love and big celebratory hugs!!!

Kat.

June 7th, 2012, 12:29 pm #6

xxooxxooxxooxxooxxoo

ttc since 1998
Happy Birthday Keiki. Wishing you a wonderful day and more fun than ever through yr 10 and beyond.

KM, I feel so much happiness for you. I'm so happy that you are blessed with a bright, happy, healthy and humorous boy "I'll dig you up", lol. You gotta admit, that's pretty advanced humor for a 10 yr old. Think of all the things that he's gotta experience, accept and process to be able to understand the humor behind that. I'm impressed, at only 10 to boot.

And thanks to you KM for keeping this forum alive for 10 freakin' years. WOW. I hope we can talk about our grandkids on here

Cheers,
Z.
Last edited by ZakiaZ on June 7th, 2012, 12:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

June 7th, 2012, 2:07 pm #7

xxooxxooxxooxxooxxoo

ttc since 1998
How can it be? I hope K is wrong and 10 is the best year ever Have a wonderful day and tommorow let us know about the low low HUgs.

June 7th, 2012, 3:09 pm #8

xxooxxooxxooxxooxxoo

ttc since 1998
your boy sounds so awesome. You are both so lucky to have each other

love love love that line about digging up his dad. LOL too funny and so clever!

much love and thank you for being you,
Julie
xoxo

ps do you know this youtuber?
this one is about Venushttp://youtu.be/riwc3UgPaHw

but this one had us playing with the honey as we made toast this morning (and yes, I did play with my shampoo too)http://youtu.be/zz5lGkDdk78

June 7th, 2012, 4:11 pm #9

xxooxxooxxooxxooxxoo

ttc since 1998
to DS, the board turning 10 and to you for moderating this forum Koni. All 3 of them amazing!!! Sometimes I'm wondering if we could have chats sometime, like for a celebration like this - would be so fun!

Anyway happy birthday to your 10-year old boy and please do share what you have planned for this day and what gifts you chose for him. I know you were looking for some suggestions!

Enjoy the day!!!

June 7th, 2012, 4:44 pm #10

xxooxxooxxooxxooxxoo

ttc since 1998
and many many more!

Joy and celebrations,

Adee
Adee