Life-changing couple of days (near death ment.)

Life-changing couple of days (near death ment.)

September 22nd, 2011, 4:55 am #1

I just want to say how grateful I am to those in my life, including my cyberfriends here.

A friend had a totally unexpected near-death experience during surgery yesterday. I was in the waiting room when it happened. I am extremely glad to report that she is making a miraculous recovery. The gift of this extremely upsetting experience is that I have been reminded of how incredibly short life can be, and how I really need to seize every moment.

While I was waiting after all of this happened, all I could think of is what I had not done. I had not even taken a picture with her at my sons bday party this past weekend. There were so many things that raced through my head, and I didnt know if I would get the chance to make those things right with her. Now I will be able to. And I am so, so, grateful.

I am still very shell-shocked, but also glad for the excellent outcome and the reminder to enjoy every minute.

Thank you, all of you, for always reading my posts and responding with such generous hearts. I really appreciate it.

PD

September 22nd, 2011, 9:42 am #2

I am so very happy your friend is recovering, that sounds scary. I am so very happy you have more time with her.

sending you some love and huge hugs
julie

September 22nd, 2011, 1:48 pm #3

I just want to say how grateful I am to those in my life, including my cyberfriends here.

A friend had a totally unexpected near-death experience during surgery yesterday. I was in the waiting room when it happened. I am extremely glad to report that she is making a miraculous recovery. The gift of this extremely upsetting experience is that I have been reminded of how incredibly short life can be, and how I really need to seize every moment.

While I was waiting after all of this happened, all I could think of is what I had not done. I had not even taken a picture with her at my sons bday party this past weekend. There were so many things that raced through my head, and I didnt know if I would get the chance to make those things right with her. Now I will be able to. And I am so, so, grateful.

I am still very shell-shocked, but also glad for the excellent outcome and the reminder to enjoy every minute.

Thank you, all of you, for always reading my posts and responding with such generous hearts. I really appreciate it.

PD
I am SO glad to hear that she is OK. That must have been scary for so many people !!

Gentle hugs, thanks for the reminder about how precious life is. I kind of needed to hear that this morning ...
V

September 22nd, 2011, 4:01 pm #4

PD
I'm glad she is recovering okay. I've had a couple of scary but ultimately clarifying experiences lately. It does make one appreciate the many gifts and blessings in life.

I hope your friend continues to thrive and you enjoy many more decades of friendship together.

xoxox
MM

cy2

September 22nd, 2011, 8:04 pm #5

PD
Now that I'm 50 I'm starting to be more aware too.

I hope that your friend makes a speedy and complete recovery. Thank goodness it was only a scare.

Take care and hug your loved ones close.

cy

wcl

September 22nd, 2011, 11:52 pm #6

PD
Yes, this is a reminder about what's important in life. I'm glad your friend will be okay, and you will have a chance to make up for what you regretted not doing. Such a chance doesn't come along too often!

wcl

September 23rd, 2011, 2:13 am #7

PD
so happy everything has turned out ok.

September 25th, 2011, 5:21 am #8

I am so very happy your friend is recovering, that sounds scary. I am so very happy you have more time with her.

sending you some love and huge hugs
julie
This experience has really rocked my world.

Pink

September 25th, 2011, 5:22 am #9

I am SO glad to hear that she is OK. That must have been scary for so many people !!

Gentle hugs, thanks for the reminder about how precious life is. I kind of needed to hear that this morning ...
V
I hope youre feeling better. I havent been around much the last few days, trying to be with my friend at the hospital and now to help take care of her since she just got home.

Pink

September 25th, 2011, 5:23 am #10

I'm glad she is recovering okay. I've had a couple of scary but ultimately clarifying experiences lately. It does make one appreciate the many gifts and blessings in life.

I hope your friend continues to thrive and you enjoy many more decades of friendship together.

xoxox
MM
but I also feel like it has made me appreciate every little thing alot more. Not just with her, but with everyone in my life.

PInk