I just bought myself a really nice present

I just bought myself a really nice present

August 29th, 2012, 7:23 pm #1

and I thought Id share!!

http://www.electrabike.com/Bikes/townie ... kes-ladies

I hadnt ridden a bike in many, many, many years. I realized recently that it was time for me to get out with my kids and ride and have fun, and get some much-needed stress relief (and exercise, though this doesnt feel like exercise). So I did some research, rode quite a few different brands, and took the plunge on this one last weekend! It is so comfortable and so much fun to ride!! I added on white fenders, a white bike rack on the back and a white wicker basket on the front, a side mirror, cup holder (holds Starbucks cups perfectly! No sports bottle holder for me) with a hot pink bell! Now you know why my name is Pink LOL!!

DS and I went on a ride today and stopped at the park and played and rode home. We had a blast.

I never, ever spend money like this on myself. This is such a rarity and I am so excited about it, I just had to share it!

Pink

August 29th, 2012, 8:43 pm #2

I hope you enjoy it! I think you deserve it too!

Yay!

Willa

August 29th, 2012, 9:45 pm #3

and I thought Id share!!

I hadnt ridden a bike in many, many, many years. I realized recently that it was time for me to get out with my kids and ride and have fun, and get some much-needed stress relief (and exercise, though this doesnt feel like exercise). So I did some research, rode quite a few different brands, and took the plunge on this one last weekend! It is so comfortable and so much fun to ride!! I added on white fenders, a white bike rack on the back and a white wicker basket on the front, a side mirror, cup holder (holds Starbucks cups perfectly! No sports bottle holder for me) with a hot pink bell! Now you know why my name is Pink LOL!!

DS and I went on a ride today and stopped at the park and played and rode home. We had a blast.

I never, ever spend money like this on myself. This is such a rarity and I am so excited about it, I just had to share it!

Pink
I like a leisurely ride, and when ds was much smaller, I used to bike him to daycare in a trailer behind my bike. Then he got too heavy.

I really need a recumbent bike. My brother loves his. My back has been hurting too much for me to ride my traditional bike, but I think the recumbents are pretty pricy. We'll see. Maybe I can find a deal on a used one.

Good for you!

Keiki's Makuahine (Keiki's Mom) 51, dh 52
Keiki: b. 2002 after 3 months bedrest
Natural conception following ZIFT/chem. pg

Olivia: b. 1999 d. 1999
28-week preemie, ptl cause unknown
Natural conception after 1 mc

ttc since 1998

August 29th, 2012, 11:11 pm #4

and I thought Id share!!

Pink
and what a hot bike that is

Oh you'll just love riding. I love my bike. (well, I don't DRIVE so yeah, gotta love my bike) and the one thing I hate about winter (besides the cold but everything else I LOVE) is that I suddenly go into slowmotion because I can't bike anywhere. There are die-hard bikers out there but I value my life. LOL

love love LOVE that you got yourself a bike. You so deserve it.

That bike will last you a lifetime so don't fret about the money, it's well spent. Cheaper bikes are soooo heavy and you'd be cursing it on every hill so you did good, girlfriend.

xo
Julie

me:43
FSH 26
DS: born by c-sec Apr15'03, 9lbs5oz 41wks gest. (after 4 years of ttc, starting in 1998)
DD born by c-sec Oct 13 2007, 8lbs13oz 39wk gest. (after just under 3 years of ttc)
~~DS was conceived naturally the cycle following a cancelled DE IVF, using my good friend's eggs. She was on the verge of hyperstimming.
~~DD's nat conception I attribute to using OPKs like a crazy nut, eating grapefruit daily and using preseed. also 5 cycles of TCM ending 2 cycles before that lucky cycle.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

August 30th, 2012, 1:35 am #5

and I thought Id share!!

Pink
Love that bike, so cute. Way to go girl, fun and exercise with the kids, doesn't get any better

August 30th, 2012, 3:51 am #6

I hope you enjoy it! I think you deserve it too!

Yay!

Willa
I didnt really want to spend the money, but I also think of it as a gift to my children. The chance for me to play along with them, to get some exercise, and to de-stress.

I had a great time on it today, and cant wait to get on it again tomorrow.

Pink

August 30th, 2012, 3:54 am #7

I like a leisurely ride, and when ds was much smaller, I used to bike him to daycare in a trailer behind my bike. Then he got too heavy.

I really need a recumbent bike. My brother loves his. My back has been hurting too much for me to ride my traditional bike, but I think the recumbents are pretty pricy. We'll see. Maybe I can find a deal on a used one.

Good for you!

Keiki's Makuahine (Keiki's Mom) 51, dh 52
Keiki: b. 2002 after 3 months bedrest
Natural conception following ZIFT/chem. pg

Olivia: b. 1999 d. 1999
28-week preemie, ptl cause unknown
Natural conception after 1 mc

ttc since 1998
but never had the trailer, or the bike, to accomplish it. I think my boys are too big for it now too. Pulling them combined would be nearly 100 lbs!!

I dont know much about the recumbents, but I have heard that alot of people with back issues prefer them. Youre right that you might find one on Craigslist. I did a fair amount of research and riding before falling in love with my bike (it was the last one I tried)

Pink

August 30th, 2012, 4:03 am #8

and what a hot bike that is

Oh you'll just love riding. I love my bike. (well, I don't DRIVE so yeah, gotta love my bike) and the one thing I hate about winter (besides the cold but everything else I LOVE) is that I suddenly go into slowmotion because I can't bike anywhere. There are die-hard bikers out there but I value my life. LOL

love love LOVE that you got yourself a bike. You so deserve it.

That bike will last you a lifetime so don't fret about the money, it's well spent. Cheaper bikes are soooo heavy and you'd be cursing it on every hill so you did good, girlfriend.

xo
Julie

me:43
FSH 26
DS: born by c-sec Apr15'03, 9lbs5oz 41wks gest. (after 4 years of ttc, starting in 1998)
DD born by c-sec Oct 13 2007, 8lbs13oz 39wk gest. (after just under 3 years of ttc)
~~DS was conceived naturally the cycle following a cancelled DE IVF, using my good friend's eggs. She was on the verge of hyperstimming.
~~DD's nat conception I attribute to using OPKs like a crazy nut, eating grapefruit daily and using preseed. also 5 cycles of TCM ending 2 cycles before that lucky cycle.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I didnt realize you dont drive. I am sure youre alot healthier for it! There is an old neighborhood near me that is predominantly Italian where the women never drove (their husbands are all dead now, its a community of old widows and younger families now). Ive met quite a few ladies in their 90s from this particular neighborhood who are in fantastic shape physically and mentally and never drove and always had to walk for groceries, etc. I always figured that not driving was related to great health.

My bike is surprisingly lightweight. Its aluminum. So even with all my add-ons, its still quite manageable. I figured that this bike will last my lifetime, so I was going to buy something I REALLY liked. Would you believe I have never owned a new bike? As a child, I always had hand me down bikes (and most of those were second hand to begin with), and no bike since college days. And the IF days were too expensive to even consider buying one.

Wish you and I lived closer; we could go for a ride. My stress level is at its lowest tonight, and Im sure it has to do with the ride.

Do you have one of those devices that turns your bike into an exercise bike? I dont know if theyre still made, but Im thinking about it now for the winter.

How are you fairing?

Pink

August 30th, 2012, 4:04 am #9

Love that bike, so cute. Way to go girl, fun and exercise with the kids, doesn't get any better
It really is an investment in myself and my children. Cant get much better than that!

How are things in your world lately? I have been thinking of you.

Pink