funny stuff kids say

funny stuff kids say

August 26th, 2011, 4:03 pm #1

I finally remember one.

You know how we can, see ya later alligator. In a while crocodile.

We have a slew of those from when DS was 3-4. One we came up with was: see you soon, you big baboon.

DD says: See you soon, you big bad boom.

I realize this is funnier for us because of the history but dang it's cute.

more of those parting words:
in a while, butterfly.
in a tree, broccoli.
take it easy, don't be sneezy.
make like a banana and split (this one's an old one, I remember saying it as a child. I mean who says split nowadays)
(let's) do like a tree and leave.

I think I am missing some, will ask my DS later.

jm

me:42, DH 43
FSH 26
DS: born by c-sec Apr15'03, 9lbs5oz 41wks gest. (after 4 years of ttc, starting in 1998)
DD born by c-sec Oct 13 2007, 8lbs13oz 39wk gest. (after just under 3 years of ttc)
~~DS was conceived naturally the cycle following a cancelled DE IVF, using my good friend's eggs. She was on the verge of hyperstimming.
~~DD's nat conception I attribute to using OPKs like a crazy nut, eating grapefruit daily and using preseed. also 5 cycles of TCM ending 2 cycles before that lucky cycle.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

August 26th, 2011, 6:14 pm #2

See you later alligator
In a while crocodile
Know what I mean jelly bean
Understand rubberband
Give me hope canteloupe
Count me out sauerkraut
Bye bye butterfly

August 26th, 2011, 7:43 pm #3

I finally remember one.

We have a slew of those from when DS was 3-4. One we came up with was: see you soon, you big baboon.

in a while, butterfly.
in a tree, broccoli.
make like a banana and split (this one's an old one, I remember saying it as a child. I mean who says split nowadays)

jm

FSH 26
DS: born by c-sec Apr15'03, 9lbs5oz 41wks gest. (after 4 years of ttc, starting in 1998)
DD born by c-sec Oct 13 2007, 8lbs13oz 39wk gest. (after just under 3 years of ttc)
~~DS was conceived naturally the cycle following a cancelled DE IVF, using my good friend's eggs. She was on the verge of hyperstimming.
~~DD's nat conception I attribute to using OPKs like a crazy nut, eating grapefruit daily and using preseed. also 5 cycles of TCM ending 2 cycles before that lucky cycle.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Isn't it adorable? I remember when Z was really, really little she used to say "tree frog" (twee fwog) instead of excuse me. I'm not sure where that came from, but we loved it.

I think I forgot to respond to everyone's posts last time I started one of these posts. My bad board manners...please tree frog.

xoxox
MM

August 26th, 2011, 10:23 pm #4

I finally remember one.

in a while, butterfly.
in a tree, broccoli.

jm

FSH 26
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I swear my kids say cute stuff all the time, it just escapes me!!

Pink

August 27th, 2011, 3:10 am #5

I finally remember one.

in a while, butterfly.
in a tree, broccoli.

jm

FSH 26
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
This is one my younger DS just invented. He means "Nutella sandwich." Which I made for him for dinner the other night in sheer desperation of getting him to eat something, my skinny boy.

Now the only thing younger DS wants to eat, of course, is a "hotel sandwich." I had no idea what he meant at first. He hasn't received another one since the other day but I know I will be hearing about that "hotel sandwich" for some time.

By the way, we also say "not too soon, baboon." My DB made it up years ago. Love it!

xoxo
Lillian

August 27th, 2011, 2:33 pm #6

I swear my kids say cute stuff all the time, it just escapes me!!

Pink

August 27th, 2011, 2:37 pm #7

This is one my younger DS just invented. He means "Nutella sandwich." Which I made for him for dinner the other night in sheer desperation of getting him to eat something, my skinny boy.

Now the only thing younger DS wants to eat, of course, is a "hotel sandwich." I had no idea what he meant at first. He hasn't received another one since the other day but I know I will be hearing about that "hotel sandwich" for some time.

By the way, we also say "not too soon, baboon." My DB made it up years ago. Love it!

xoxo
Lillian
that stuff is deadly I usually only buy a jar when it's December and we hide it from the kids! LOL DH and I manage to eat it in no time flat. Dangerous stuff, I tell ya.

I can relate to trying to get food down these picky kids gullets. Can you put some PB in there with the nutella?

Hotel sandwich. funny

August 27th, 2011, 2:43 pm #8

See you later alligator
In a while crocodile
Know what I mean jelly bean
Understand rubberband
Give me hope canteloupe
Count me out sauerkraut
Bye bye butterfly
I know half but the ones I didn't, I called my boy over and said them to him. He loved them. then he said: what's kraut? understand rubber band?
:D

julie

oh, and Welcome? did I miss your intro? love your screen name. I love winter and snow banks were magical to me as a kid and that's stayed with me. I just wish it wasn't so cold LOL
If you do have an intro, can you point me to it and if you don't, well, I am a nosy parker (if you haven't noticed yet) and want to get to know you

FSH 26
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

August 27th, 2011, 4:54 pm #9

xoxo
Lillian
is healthy! In my opinion!

August 27th, 2011, 4:59 pm #10

and we buy three huge jars at a time, from bj's. are never without!!